Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Airsoft discussion Thread, Talk here about Airsoft
SaS TrooP
post Apr 21 2009, 19:00
Post #281

N00b always & everywhere

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,589

There are some (myself included) who are against wearing patches that show qualifications etc: i.e Rangers/USMC or a unit badge, Sharpshooter etc if you haven't actually earned them. For example: I'm putting together a French Foriegn legion kit but there is no way I will wear the beret with badge or the legion regiment or qualification patches as I've not gone through the things the real guys have. I'm happy to put the french flag patch on but that's about it.

Yea, I think the same. Buut there is only flag left - no unit signature or previous owner rank.

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Apr 21 2009, 21:06
Post #282

Member No.: 767

Ok folks! The AGM m14 came today, and I must say for the price it it excelent! The plastic is good quality, doesnt feel like its gonna break, the metal parts are good to. Easy cocking,and it feels good when shot. Its quite powerful (I havnt got the fps reading my cronos broke) and scince the iron sight can be zerod its very accurate too! the lower trigger guard can be removed for easy cleaning which is a plus. The magazine holds a good few bbs and is hi cap to. The only things i dont like is the wobbylness of the magazine and the battery wires, but in all it seems to be a decent weapon! Now i just gotta find some nice camo sprays smile.gif

This post has been edited by GIJOE94: Apr 21 2009, 21:10

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Toadball
post Apr 23 2009, 02:33
Post #283

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

Got bored, so here's a pic of me about 80% kitted up:

Wearing...
Knock of S95 combats + Tshirt (Normally wear issue S95 trousers and shirt combined with kneepads and magnum patrol boots but meh been wearing the knock off's all day)
BULLE Urban Assault Vest with VMS Radio/GPS pouch and VMS Large Utility pouch on the back (headset mic can't be seen but it is there)
King Arms SWAT style half finger gloves
Viper Stealth Goggles
TM Famas + 3 mags (1 loaded 2 in vest)

yay to crappy self portrait skills tongue.gif hair will be going bye bye after uni finishes up and if your wondering why I happen to look tired...it's because I am

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
Hornet85
post Apr 24 2009, 21:51
Post #284

Member No.: 1,707

My 2 MP5s

--------------------
Sergeant Major retired, SOF, JSOC.
Combat Deployment: Iraq, Afghanistan, Congo, Somalia, Tchad.
Peacekeeping Deployment: Bosnia, Kosovo, Liberia, South Sudan, Libya.
PMC Deployment: Crimea
Never Back Down! Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Quote Post
Benoist
post Apr 25 2009, 02:56
Post #285

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

Airsoft could be a good exercise? An expensive one, but it's a good exercise in the end?

Quote Post
deadkilljoy
post Apr 25 2009, 05:01
Post #286

Member No.: 4,209

QUOTE(Benoist @ Apr 24 2009, 18:56) *
Airsoft could be a good exercise? An expensive one, but it's a good exercise in the end?

yes it can be a good exercise happy.gif also ill posted up some for this weekends set of ops biggrin.gif happy.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
- General MacArthur

Quote Post
Hornet85
post Apr 25 2009, 10:04
Post #287

Reconnaissance Squadron Denmark (Opklaring Danmark)

Squad Leader School

Snipers Nest

Claymores for close defence

Every Squad have 2 M203

Realistic Playing

The Squadron is made up of
1.OE
2.OE Airborne
3.OE Mobile
Sniper Element

The members of the squadron is 90% active army or air force, all members have to aply and go throw selection to become a member of the team.

--------------------

Quote Post
Toadball
post Apr 25 2009, 14:38
Post #288

Taking it a bit to seriously but nice anyways lol. Most of the time in Scotland we play themed games with ammo limits or just general skirmishing with no ammo limits etc. with the ocassional milsim or trip down to Stirling Airsoft's caterick site.

As far as exercise goes, it can be if you do it regularly, I'm only out once or twice a month so I've got other things to keep in reasonable shape (Kun gek do drills, weights and running and will be taking up Muay Thai next year).
Will be uping the exercise routines though as I'm planning on doing Stirling Airsoft's SAS Selection weekend next year.

edit: Hornet where do you get your claymores or where did you get them, been looking for some for use in long games but everywhere I look their out of stock.

--------------------

Quote Post
Hornet85
post Apr 25 2009, 14:50
Post #289

we have hade most of them for a year now but some times if your lucky you can find dem at WGC, its Gamma GAS Claymores

--------------------

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post Apr 27 2009, 20:54
Post #290

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Rifleman-in-Charge

Member No.: 270

Looking into buying something for the mags and stuff atm. Been looking at few chestrigs/general LBS's at Varusteleka (click on the other categories on the right for pouches and other types of load bearing systems like the old harness type and vests, namely the OD Condor chestrig modelled after the UK "Northern Ireland" one, the famed SAAV and US Army LBV-E.

Used, I've been looking into some vests for a reasonable price. Bargaining for 3 items atm, all made by Guarder:
1. RACK in Woodland. 4 mag pouches in OD, 'nout else.
2. MOD Commander Vest in Black. AFAIK not modular, atleast not fully, but... has mag pouches for atleast 6 mags, a big utility pocket, pockets for a map or two and few smaller utility pouches. Also could get an OD thigh panel in the same package for just a few euros more.
3. FSBE AAV in OD. Fully modular, designed as the body armor for the USMC FSBE system. 3 Colt mag pouches and an admin pouch.

My gear is currently mostly Flecktarn and OD, coming from mid-Europe... although I will use bits of my WWII kit too, some times.

--------------------
Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

The self-appointed God of Scor Nango. Not an emperor, just... God.

Quote Post
Toadball
post Apr 28 2009, 01:47
Post #291

The SAAV is a good piece of kit, will be doing a few basic mods tomine to suit my load carrying needs better (replacing some slides with buckles for easier access).

IIRC the Guarder MOD Commander vest is fully modular, though their ranger armour package is a nice deal. My only concern with it is that if you tend to crawl about alot like m'self then you'll find bulky pouches on the front of the vest to be a royal pain in the arse, SAAV is ok in that respect as the larger pouches are situated in line with the arms or behind them.

If you can find a CIRAS type setup I'd snap it up, only reason I've not done so is the two vests I've got do their jobs well enough for my play style (lotsa ammo/mag, pyro and water carrying space without restricting mobility) and there's no sense spending money on extra, need that for guns smile.gif

If your still using your AR15 scorpy you'll find the SAAV has oodles of ammo space, my Famas mags cut total capacity by half.

Edit: also realised I've been skirmishing for nearly half a year, well 2 more months to go smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post Apr 28 2009, 12:11
Post #292

I've crawled to a foxhole in the middle of the night on wet ground, and in 10 inches of snow (prolly more, too) using what's propably the worst LBS in the world... I think I can handle most stuff. biggrin.gif

Well, RACK is basically similar to a chestrig base. Has the basic big panel that starts from under the arms and goes across the front. Features a chest panel, too, that can be folded down for a belt-type solution. Open from the back. The FSBE AAV is similar to CIRAS, although I think it's a tad lighter. Not sure though.

Been looking into Strike Systems Super Chestrig, too, and currently trying to find a decently priced Condor MOLLE Chest Set. Similar to RACK but with built-in mag pouches on the front and a big section for Camelback or something similar in the back.

--------------------

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

Quote Post
Toadball
post Apr 28 2009, 14:08
Post #293

I forgot you were in the military lol, I'm looking at getting the Pantac Ciras 150 odd smackers but the write up it got in AI was pretty good and what else other than gats am I gonna spend my money on tongue.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Hornet85
post Apr 28 2009, 15:35
Post #294

We are using Strike System on active duty so i say Strike is good vests.
Dont go black, black stiks out in the woods.

Left one is Strike System

--------------------

Quote Post
Toadball
post Apr 28 2009, 16:59
Post #295

Not always, my black vest is yet to give me away tongue.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post Apr 29 2009, 13:53
Post #296

Turned my attention into HSGI Wasatch/Weesatch (2nd product from the top) now. Basically the same idea as with the Condor MOLLE Chest Set, mag pouches in the vest bit itself that is, but with a different design - namely, this is a lightweight plate carrier. And more easily available, fits me better, cheaper and all that. Guarder and Pantac both make it and the price is around 65-80 euros, currently looking at the Pantac's take on Wasatch with 4 color options (OD, CB, MultiCam, Khaki) that's sold for 70 euros.

Oh, and... Real Coyote Brown camouflage!

--------------------

Quote Post
Benoist
post Apr 29 2009, 15:29
Post #297

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

Furry combat vest?

Quote Post
Toadball
post Apr 29 2009, 23:53
Post #298

Some people do things for the hell of it, know a guy who's been known to play in a hawian shirt n shorts, S8 also ran a fancy dress night game for Children in Need last year. Could just be for laughs, is pretty damn cool though tongue.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post May 6 2009, 21:29
Post #299

Member No.: 767

Hey guys, i've got some cash burnin a hole in my wallet and I think I know whats it's going to be spent on. But I'm tied between 2 guns at the mo. 1st is the Dboys Kar 98, the bullet ejecting one, or the JG spetsnaz Ak47. Which would you recomend?

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Toadball
post May 6 2009, 21:53
Post #300

Depends what your looking for, JG spetz is the gun my local hires out and having used it it's a nice wee gun and well built (managed to survive my 13st. landing on it with no damage, though I don't recommend testing that.) reasonably accurate with a reasonable range for the gun's size.

Kar98 all I can say is that I can't see it being much use from a skirmishing point of view due to the cartridge ejection.

Edit: Also, considering your age, and your location info provided on the forums I'd like to enquire as to how you plan on buying a gun? Considering it is illegal for some one under 18 who is not a bona fide skirmisher to buy/be sold an airsoft gun in the UK...

--------------------

Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:37