Popa
post Mar 27 2008, 21:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,782

{GOL}
Guerillas of Liberation

Who is {GOL}?

{GOL} is a mature tactical orientated clan, which has been playing Operation Flashpoint since 2003. We have since moved on and now we focus on Armed Assault. We are a mainly U.K. clan but have members from all over Europe and elsewhere.

What game types do you play?

We mainly play Co-op games with many missions created by our own mission team. We also like to have fun and play Warfare, TDM, DM etc.

What makes you so "tactical"?

Well, we have structure in the way we are organized, led and how we play. Rambos are not to be seen here. Realistic fireteam and squad loadouts, formations and movements have been incorporated from the military and customized to suit our clans needs.

Our Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.) have also been taken from the military and customized and every member is trained in these. Training is given to new recruits during their two week recruitment period. Recruits must complete a "Basic infantryman course" and an "Advanced infatryman course". This will teach everything a new recruit needs to know to be a good fireteam and clan member. Further training is also given upon acceptance into the clan including, but not limited to, "Squad Leader training", "Fireteam Leader training", "Radio Operator training" and "Air Corps Pilot training".

We have a fairly large player base and so we need structure and organization which increases our tactical flexibly as a fighting unit. During an operation the Army is organized into a Platoon with three squads each with two fireteams. The Platoon leader leads the platoon and contacts the three specialized divisions through his Radio Operator.

We avoided a ranking system of any sort for quite some time. Eventually it came to the point where it seemed a good idea to establish a system by which levels of responsibility, accountability, and proficiency could be defined. Thus was born the system consisting of five ranks excluding 2nd Lieutenant reserved for clan leader Chris.

Rct -> Recruit. 2-3 week assessment period.
Pvt -> Private. Full clan member after assessment period. Members do not have to progress pass this rank.
Pfc -> Private First Class. Members are awarded this rank after they prove themselves to the clan.
Cpl -> If a player is interested in taking on more responsibility, they are encouraged to request a promotion to "Corporal"
Sgt -> A Sergeant is expected to take an active role in leadership (Team/Squad Leader), and has more responsibility because of that.
WO -> Warrant Officers take roles that allow them to have a large influence on the battlefield, planning operations and the day-to-day running of the clan.
2ndLt. -> This rank is reserved for Chris as head of GOL. He has overall responsibility of the clan.

{GOL} Divisions

The first and primary role of a soldier in {GOL} is as an infantry man. Every member is trained in {GOL} infantry tactics and maneuvers. But we also have a select few members who specialize is certain areas of combat who can be called upon when needed. Our divisions include:

-> Army
This is where everyone starts out and is the biggest division. They deal with everything infantry related.
-> Air Corps
The Air Corps provides the Army with the means to transport and rapidly deploy its forces anywhere. If needed the Air Corps will also provide aerial reconnaissance.
-> Recon
Recon does exactly what it says on the tin. They provide reconnaissance on enemy positions, movements, activities etc. They work in small teams, behind enemy lines and are separate from all other friendly units. They report directly to the Radio Operator, who is the Platoon leaders "right-hand man", but can also call in Close Air Support on high value targets.
-> Armoured and Logistics corps
The heavy guns. These guys operate anything with a gun and wheels or tracks from HUMMVWS to Abrams MBT. The Army and ALC work closely together so get used to their exhaust fumes. They also resupply troops and tank crews in the field.

In these specialized divisions, members are led and trained to a high standard by skilled members. Members receive new .xml's and tags to distinguish themselves. There are extra training days, not to interfere with our training night on Sundays, where specialized skills and techniques are learned.

Sounds good, how do I join?

Well first you need to make sure you have the following things:

-> Authentic version of Armed Assault & Queens Gambit.
-> Team Speak and Microphone.
-> You are able to Attend 7pm Sunday Trainings.

Then you need to head over to our website and fill in our application form.

Future Plans?
GOL has many plans for the future. Some of these include:
-> Joint Clan Co-Ops
-> More Public play nights
-> More custom made maps, missions and addons
-> And much more

Check these links for more Arma/{GOL} videos:
Jason-0
MattR
Toasted Duckie
Jay
Offical GOL clan youtube channel

This post has been edited by Popa: Apr 2 2009, 20:38

Quote Post
Popa
post Apr 4 2008, 15:35
Post #2

Well the first of many {GOL} newsletters has been published. Check it out to see whats going on in the clan!

{GOL} Newsletter

Quote Post
JdB
post Apr 4 2008, 16:29
Post #3

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

Your clan had a recruitment/clan thread here [before]. One clan is allowed one thread. Please don't do it again.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Popa
post Apr 4 2008, 17:34
Post #4

Sorry, i did not spot the other post. You may delete the old one if you wish as i will be keeping this thread up to date.

Quote Post
Popa
post Apr 11 2008, 15:01
Post #5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------- G O L - P A C K - 3 . 0 - R E V I S I T -----------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We were always going to update this pack with new and cool stuff and since that stuff got released our update was to become reality.

Whats changed:
- Improved some addons with updated versions
- Deleted a load of crap which mission makers dont use
- Adding in a load of new cool stuff
- Reduced the Pack size by Half!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your new to gol or what a fresh download of the pack use these links here or if you have the exsisting pack and dont want to redownload everything look further below. [ Advised if your a mission editor redownload fresh packs ]

New User Links:

{GOL} Main
{GOL} Islands

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exsiting Users who CBA to download everything again:
{GOL} New addons pack 2.0 to 3.0

This version has no mod folder so you have to add the addons yourself and also there will be many uneeded addons in your mod.

The new island pack has had 3 Islands deleted. The only islands left in the pack are Sakakah and tolafarush so this is easy to update yourself if your download new pack with already having the islands.

FULL PACK . Exe Coming Soon!

Quote Post
Popa
post Apr 19 2008, 19:16
Post #6

From the BIS forums

QUOTE({GOL}Lt.Chris )
15-4-08

Ok lads with the amazing technical support we have within -{GOL}- we have produced a new way of making your life easier to play with us smile.gif

Using SVN, -{GOL}- Mod can be auto-updated directly from the server with the latest builds.

How to use SVN:
1: If you do not already have an SVN client, get one. I recommend TortoiseSVN.
2: Browse to your Arma directory,

default arma install path
C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA

3: Right click on the ArmA folder and hit "SVN Checkout".

4: Enter the SVN URL found below.
5: Enter username & pass provided below.
5: You're done, let it download everything.
6: Sorted!

Fully compatable with the mod if installed manually

SVN URL
http://www.gol-clan.net:81/svn/golmod

Username
golmod

Password
golmod

hope you enjoy this new feature gents smile.gif

Quote Post
Popa
post Apr 25 2008, 16:03
Post #7

Update from BIS Forums
QUOTE(Lt.Chris)
23-4-08

Hello lads time for another update smile.gif

Its been getting pretty intresting as always in -{GOL}- recently as we have been getting an increase in multi-clan/public co-ops which have been very enjoyable and intense and amazing

Firstly Id like to thank all the individuals which regulary play on the server with us and we appreciate all of your support
our gallery always gets bigger with more and more pictures of these great games so feel free to check it out

Click on this

Secondly around the 20th of may we will be upgrading our dedicated server hardware to a much higher spec

This is what we are expecting to have at that time

Dell R200
Intel Quad Xeon 2.4Ghz
4GB of ram
250GB hdd

if you ask me thats a nice little beast of a server wink.gif

addtional information will be in the upcomming newsletter at the end of the month

thats all gents

This post has been edited by Popa: Apr 25 2008, 19:26

Quote Post
Popa
post May 4 2008, 01:04
Post #8

Newsletter update 4-5-'08

The second {GOL} Clan newsletter has been published by JasonO.

Click here for the newsletter.biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Popa
post May 23 2008, 14:32
Post #9

We have some exciting news regarding our new server!

QUOTE({GOL} Clan Website)
The new and improved GOL is being delivered to the data center today, and we hope our server provider can set it up as soon as possible.

NEW Server Specs

Quad Core Intel Xeon X3353, 4 x 2.66GHz, 12MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB, 45nm technology (Yorkfield Core).
4GB (2x2GB Dual Rank DIMMs) 667MHz
Sata2 160GB 16MB cache hard drive

For those who are a bit confused, it means the server will be flippin' fast. Our current server could run 2 ArmA servers with little lag if both was busy or large games, so the new one should hopefully have no problems doing this. This will also prepare us for ArmA 2 when it is released.

It may be until tomorrow before we can being transferring the data, however maintenance could start today. It depends when the Server Provider let us know our server is ready and provide the details.

The plan is to turn off most of the GOL server features during the transfering process.
Firstly the forum will be turned offline, along with the website. If you try and visit the website or forum and get a Connection Error or similar, this is because we have started to backup and transfer the website. We will also be shutting down the ArmA Game Server, and then the Teamspeak server. We will however have a temporary Teamspeak up for people willing to still use Teamspeak. This is available at the following address: ts2.hosting4network.co.uk:8767 - You will need to join as a guest for now, as the login information is not available on the temporary server.

Most of the GOL server will be offline and unavailable for a few hours. Unfortunately we cannot set an exact time (or date even) as to when we will start to begin transferring. As an estimate I would say it could be tomorrow evening, however our Server Provider may take longer to set everything up on their side of it all.

Fingers crossed, everything will go smoothly and the server returns back to normal as soon as possible. We will first setup the website and forum and ensure it is running smoothly. We will then begin to start up Teamspeak again. Old login details should remain the same. Finally the Game Server will be setup. We will be start the ArmA Server with only a few missions but will be transferring the ones currently on this server at the same time.

If you have any questions or queries regarding the transfer, feel free to PM me (JasonO) or post on the forum smile.gif

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post May 24 2008, 08:43
Post #10

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

great news, miss playing with you guys.

--------------------

Quote Post
Popa
post Jul 15 2008, 11:00
Post #11

Hello everyone again! Long time no see. I havent been keeping this thread up to date as i would have liked due to the fact that im am in America for the summer. Getting a massive tan so i am. Anyways, there has been loooooads going on the the {GOL} clan. I shall despence this advice, now.

1. "Baby boom"

No Lt.Chris is not pregnant. The clan is experiencing a huge influx of new members. Ever since i left at the start of summer new members have been joing. And old inactive members are becoming more active. Maybe the the heat or the fact that im not around any more but ya, lots a new babies to train up. biggrin.gif

2. Armoured and Logistics Corps

Yes there has been a lot of talk about this within the clan and shes finally offical. Casimir has taken it upon himself to lead this division and has recuited several clan members into the division to train them up. From the ALC manual itself:

GOL Armoured & Logistical Corp plans to become an effective
integrated unit of the GOL forces. We hope to provide a service for the
rest of GOL: supporting where necessary, supplying where necessary,
and serving where necessary.

3. Operation Devils sword

Mavvv and Weaner have been working very hard over the past several weeks (maybe even months) to create a hugely popular story driven co-op campaign. From Mavvv:

Starting July 13th GOL is starting a "Dynamic" Campaign for control over Sahrani. "Dynamic" means missions will be made based on the success or failure of the previous mission.

Each mission is based around a number of secondary objectives and a main primary target. If the Blufor succeeds in completing all set objectives they will be in control of the "primary" target they captured, next game and will be able to spawn units there at start up. However if the mission goes unsuccessfully the enemy my be in controll of previous friendly held territory. Apart from our usual fireteams etc we will also be using friendly AI to "intensify" the battles.

The first mission was last sunday and there was a huge turnout. It proved to be a massive success. I should mention that this is a GOL only event, it is not open to publics so you have to be a member of GOL to participate. Some screenies of the event:

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Popa_IRL/mavvv3.jpg[/img

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Popa_IRL/recon.jpg[/img

4. New Sahraniville progress

From the man Somerville himself:

Sahraniville is close to its public beta testing stage. The map has been totally redone with new scripts (instead of the old ones imported from OFP). A lot of the bugs have been eliminated and we are aware of just 1-2 that need fixing. We will keep everyone imformed for when Sahraniville is released for public beta testing.

We appreciated the support from others in our last public beta test (all them months ago, we know, sorry!) and look forward to the same again.

Features include:

* Uses SPON Money, meaning shops now have pretty dialogs instead of options at the flags.
* A variety of ways to earn money.
* Objects for drugs, passports, driving licences - this means you have to physically carry the drugs. You therefore have a limit to the amount you can carry, and if someone kills you, they can take your drugs.
* Police can check your driver’s licence.
* Variety of cars can be purchased.
* Banks also have dialogs for withdrawing/depositing money.
* Pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) Tax system (N.B: This is currently only a system that removes the money from you; as of yet, it doesn’t go anywhere)
* Random weather.

You can download the latest version of Sahraniville here on our website.

Anyway, thats all for now. Ill try and keep this thread more up to date with the goings on in the clan.

This post has been edited by Helping Hand: Jul 15 2008, 11:21
Reason for edit: Images well over 150KB

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Jul 15 2008, 11:20
Post #12

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

No images over 150KB, as per the forum rules you are to be post restricted for 48 hours. Please check your file sizes.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
Popa
post Nov 11 2008, 19:32
Post #13

How ya lads, tis time for a small update.

-{GOL}- has successfully finished its storyline based campaign, "Operation: Devils Sword", in which we fought back an attempted invasion of South Sahrani before "liberating" :satisfied North Sahrani culminating in a massive battle for Bagango. We are currently working on plans for a second campaign late '08/early '09 but we are not leaking any information at this time. We'll just say its gonna be REAL hot and Terry will be waiting. :yes

You can check out some pictures of Operation: Devils Sword and other operations with the following link:
-{GOL}- Picture/Video Gallery

In other news:
-{GOL}- Mod

-{GOL}- has been making some adjustments to the -{GOL}- mod pack which can be downloaded on Yomas' addon synchronizer with certain addons to allow us to edit some of our current missions and some brand new missions.

To download the -{GOL}- mod using Yomas AS check out this link:
-{GOL}- Publication Forum

Here is the link to the actual guide:
-{GOL}- Yomas manual

VOPsound mod v1.15c

Our very own -{GOL}-Loctite "vo.2" has released his latest version of his sound mod after much beta testing by the clan. I have to say that this is an amazing mod. You may say "well your just saying that cause he's in your clan", well that is true but i really do think this mod is awesome. I seriously shat my pants when an A-10 strafed me when i was running along on the ground.

Anyway, heres a link to the BIS thread where you can download the mod:
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikon...ST;f=70;t=75600

See yas next time!

Quote Post
Popa
post Dec 9 2008, 19:13
Post #14

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

This christmas, -{GOL}- is holding a very special event allowing everyone to showcase their many talents. We welcome all applications whether your a full member or not. Cpl Toasted Duckie has kindly offered to fund the prize for this competition. A copy of Armed Assault 2 when it is released!

Quote from Duckie
Heres your assignment soldier.
"Create a piece that you think reflect GOL in the best way"
Make some cool screenshots, compose a movie, make a mission, write a script and get some buddies online, use TS and fraps to make a story. Hell, saw together a GOL Puppet of your favorite GOL member, take a picture and send it in! Be creative, be different, be GOL!

Rules:
1. One submission per person (so make it good)
2. Picture size limit 1024x768
3. Videos no longer than 10 minuites

The submissions deadline is the 21st of December.

All submissions must be sent via PM to me

Thats all lads!
Lt.Chris

Quote Post
Popa
post Dec 25 2008, 02:53
Post #15

Hey everyone,

Well over the past few months our very own Jason0 has been working on a new website and forums and it has been made public today. You can check out our website here.

Heres what Jason0 had to say about the release:

QUOTE(Jason0)
Welcome, you are now viewing the new GOL Website of 2009. Released Christmas 2008!

I started designing the new GOL Website 4-5 months ago now, and have slowly been planning and working on new ideas for it. There are many features updated, and some new ones which you have spotted around the website already.

Some of the changes include:

* New modern looking design with sexy graphics. Now a fixed width, following the way web 2.0 websites are going. Content is easier to read this way. You do have limited space now, but images are automaticly resized on the forum so there shouldn't be a problem.
* Forum design modified to match the website, and blends in - you don't even appear to the leave the GOL website!
* Updated members list - You now see which divisions the person is in, as well as recruits (once they are added by Chris).
* Front page video replaced with screenshots. Once clicked open within the page, and can be easily navigated through (also includes a caption). No more annoying interuptions with the video's audio blarring out at you!

I have some other things planned, and they may or maynot be introduced into the upcoming year. It depends on my time, and if it's actually possible or not.

If you find any bugs, please let me know. As usual, I can't find some bugs until its put into a live enviourment. Either PM me or post them here please smile.gif
The same applies to suggestions, i'm always happy to receive complaints too (although don't upset me too much!). Again, post them here or PM me.

May I take this opportunity to personally wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy 2009!

Regards,
-{GOL}- JasonO

PS - I have made everyone's theme change, however some people may not see the new theme on the forum (will be the old one still). If this is the case, you will need to select it yourself. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the forum page and on the bottom left is a drop down box which has GOL 2009 in it. Select that and it should change. If not let me know.

So come check us out at our new home. Merry christmas all!

Popa-out.

Quote Post
Popa
post Jan 23 2009, 03:43
Post #16

Updated original post.

Quote Post
Popa
post Feb 27 2009, 01:50
Post #17

Here is an update (sorry but its a month old) from the BIS forums regarding the GOL mod pack and game nights:

QUOTE(BIS Forums)
Hi there,

We are pleased to announce that our Official GOL Addon Pack has been released as a .RAR archive for people to easily install it themselves. You can download this mod from the GOL Website's home page.

Previously we solely relied on Yoma's Addon Synchronizer for the addon pack, however some of our members and regular ArmA Server players had problems with this tool. Therefore, you have an alternative download!
If you still prefer to use Yoma's, that's fine! Yoma's will still be used as normal.
We look forward to playing with you on our game server. Don't forget to join our Teamspeak Server too! Communication is essential in any mission we play.

Server Address/IP: www.gol-clan.net
Password: daimbar

Regards,
-{GOL}- Administration

P.s: We are going to start working with other clans and squads to get the best experience out of Arma, these could include:

Arma Warfare:
We play Warfare, with the ACE Mod, against another clan/squad. No nastiness, no ladders or leagues, just a game against another clan - friendly competition, if you will.

Why Warfare you say? Because it means we have to efficiently plan our resources - we don't start with 4 tanks, a chopper, an A10 and so forth that respawn when they're destroyed. Conversely, if something is destroyed, resources will determine whether or not it can be replaced. So, kinda like "real" war, then.

Arma Combined Arms Night (CAN):
This is a large combined coop with clans/sqauds working togther, usually consisting of infantry squads, tank crew, pilots and recon, against the AI in a virtual war. It's similar to the style of the CWC campaign. The damage you take is caried on in the next mission. If you for example get lost in a mission, your MIA in the next which makes CAN fun to play.

Arma Tactical Engagement Night (TEN):
This is a Players VS Players Night, you can see it as an A&D mode with all sorts of objectives such as destroying convoys and buildings. One team needs to defend and the other attack. There will be respawn to an island for players so not to cheat the guys who are still playing. Vehicles and such will not respawn and map will end when objectives are met or all players are killed.

If any squads or clans are interested in joining us and having some of these great games please get incontact with us over at our fourms www.gol-clan.net and post inside the Brothers of -{GOL}- section! We will see you on the battlefield brothers!

-{GOL}- Matt Rochaz

Quote Post
Popa
post Mar 12 2009, 16:41
Post #18

Here is an update from the BIS forums dated March 10th concerning some new features on the GOL website:

QUOTE(Bi Forums)
GOL CLAN NEWS UPDATE
10th March 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen

We at GOL have some interesting and experimental news to share with you. GOL Radio and GOL IRC Chat. You can access both these from the top bar on our website at www.gol-clan.net

First off I’m going to talk about the GOL radio. GOL radio is very special its something the members made up after our Sunday operation one night where they would have a bit of a laugh and play some songs down team speak. Now it has evolved where we have a few DJs etc who play there music everyone gets involved and it’s a big laugh. But what we added was a team speak radio-bot which streams live onto the internet so anyone can listen in. Now we also use this on the Sunday operation and add the radio-bot into the HQ comms which can quite interesting to listen too. Its all very early stages but its all in a bit of fun!

Next up is our brand new IRC chat. Anything you need from editing help, addon help website help, in game help or just general chit chat we can help you. We also use this IRC chat if you’re too shy to talk on TS but once you get used to us there will be no stopping you. biggrin.gif We have just setup this IRC server and it can be accessed from our website using a web-based client so no need to download anything onto your machine.

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Popa_IRL/GOL-2.jpg[/img
Still Recruiting!

We would like to welcome the 10 new -{GOL}- Recruits also!!

Matt Rochelle.
-{GOL}- Clan
Reason for edit: No Quoting Images

Quote Post
Popa
post Mar 18 2009, 17:04
Post #19

Hello everyone!

I got some news for you all and i'll keep it short and sweet. GOL has a dedicated youtube channel that contains all our videos and has lots of information about the clan. This channel is open to all members to upload videos so expect to see it regularly updated.

Anyway, heres the link! GOL Youtube channel

Quote Post
Popa
post Jun 26 2009, 13:24
Post #20

How ya lads!

Hows everyone doing out there in internet land? It's been a while since i last updated this post but now i've got two big pieces of news for you.

1/ GOL has now fully switched over to ArmA2. We are now running a private and a public ArmA2 server, our server specs are:

Quad Core Intel Xeon X3353, 4 x 2.66GHz, 12MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB, 45nm technology (Yorkfield Core).
4GB (2x2GB Dual Rank DIMMs) 667MHz
Sata2 160GB 16MB cache hard drive

That means its flippin fast! Both servers are NOT running Evolution, Domination or Warfare. We are only playing custom made missions from Coop to DM. If you want to get in on some serious tactical gaming then join our TS server and join in on the private server.

TS server details:
I.P. -> http://www.gol-clan.net
P.W. -> daimbar

2/ GOL recruitment is now closed. Over the past week we have seen a huge influx of new recruits, 25 in total, and we simply cannot cope with any more for the time being. Recruitment will be closed for 1 week. You may still apply to join but you will be placed on a waiting list and then contacted again when recruitment is re-opened

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:41