Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unpleasant Experiences for MP rookies, Help wanted
ermine
post Apr 24 2009, 14:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,551

Dear All,

having now the first 50 hours of mp gameing behind me,since C&C Generals, I'd like to pose some questions;

is there an etiquette somewhere, how to talk to other participants?

(ex. evolution, 4 players; medic is missing u offer to dis/ re connect as medic. No answer and 5 minutes later again call for medic. Or - Evolution, marking enemies, offering doing repair services, trying to offer yourself in any role wished - no answers.)

if not, simple question, joining a server and out of 14 participants (6 -7) have a good communication. Is it ok starting to interact or not? In 98% of cases there is no response.

Finally, maybe giving the solution by myself; is it really necessary to join a clan/ squad?

Nobody ever was inpolite, I spent cool hours gameing on various servers - just felt, mmh, ...... uncomfortable.

For hints, tips & answers I thank in advance,

Ciaoao

Quote Post
Daniel
post Apr 24 2009, 18:55
Post #2

ARCP Winner 2007

Member No.: 100

Unless you join a clan or squad you'll generally find yourself in flimsy disorganised games with little interaction between players. Good squad gameplay (preferably with TS or Vent but not necessarily) absolutely changes the way you approach ArmA, can't recommend it enough. If you really don't want to join a squad, look for organised games that are sometimes posted on public forums (not sure if that still happens though). There are enough active units out there to suit your timezone/gameplay style/military taste.

--------------------
OFP/Arma addict turned forum lurker.

Quote Post
ermine
post Apr 24 2009, 19:19
Post #3

Many thks, Daniel.

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Apr 24 2009, 19:29
Post #4

Member No.: 1,007

ya i see this some time online for me wot i do is if its evo and i have the rank for the MH6 than ill ask if any needs pick ups and ill do it for any one same go.s for Cas work as well in the a10 ill always let tham know that am on call for tham if you go on a sever and thay is no medic than you be the medic for tham just do the job you like to do be it flying or just in the tanks have fun and if you get no answers back well thay cant say you did not ask if any one needed help but for the most of it just have fun and help out as much as you can

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
ermine
post Apr 24 2009, 19:53
Post #5

Yeah, that is what I try. Right before I was playing coop stuff and to my shame I discovered/ got the impression that TS is a must to communicate to the others. I just type into the chatbox/ enter to communicate - but felt it's not what the real world does smile.gif .

However there is still plenty fun and learning, so I'll play the mute buddy....

thks for reply UKGBlazero.

Quote Post
DaKa
post Apr 24 2009, 22:33
Post #6

Member No.: 3,397

Well, TS is invaluable to some hard coop stuff, as it takes less time to push down a button, and talk, then typing, getting shot, and swearing tongue.gif . It can be hard to find good servers with people interested in cooperating, but try to be patient (I am not saying you haven't been). If you are on a clan server, eventually, more people from the respective clan will show up, and get organized, and there you will be able to join them.

I "felt" the same way before I started playing with the clan-people on one of the servers (back in the OFP days), and eventually I joined them, and one of the reasons was that I liked the communication speed what TS provided.

On the other hand, on more and more german and european servers I experienced coop on a larger scale. A bunch of pubs played together, and it was refreshing to see the chatbox full, the airport crowded (a bunch of MH-6s, UH-60s carried the troops back and forth), and cities falling. biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Supr3me KiLL3r
post Apr 25 2009, 01:38
Post #7

Member No.: 3,465

Coop is alot more enjoyable with a few friends or at least people you've played with before. Same with Warfare.

What you want to do is find a few good servers with gamemodes you like, and stick with those, because sometimes they usually have the same people on from day to day. I haven't done any multiplayer in a while, but there were a few that were consistently good. I used to play some server called TCB Evolution or something, it was a german website but most of them speak english, good team players. I stuck with that for a while.

I always hated some servers like the Sahrani Life game type servers, those people never work together and just harass you. Find something you like and avoid the ones you don't.

--------------------
My Armed Assault Youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwE-HkeYuQ

Quote Post
ermine
post Apr 25 2009, 03:03
Post #8

Back from excessive dinner. Thks all of you for the answers, got now definitively the azimuth for correct behaviour. Army days well passed 5 years ago, that moment happy to hand in the rifle (Switzerland), however missing some parts of that life and thus bought this really awesome game (ok, missing the Alpes cool.gif.

Thks again and hope to meet one of you in the "field". I am Methusalem.

Ciaoaoa and cool weekend.

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:37