Forum Rules Forum Rules

Closed TopicStart new topic
> A cool idea for all mods, Something to increase the immersion level
RocktheBloc
post Mar 21 2008, 15:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,728

Hey all, I'm new to this forum. Like all of you, I am a rabid fan of both the Operation Flashpoint and the ArmA franchises and I love the mods even better. You guys do an awesome job replicating real-world militaries.

Anyway, I have a suggestion for those who create mods. I noticed many of these mods take place within a certain time period. Obviously, someone is making a mod that takes place in 1985 during the outbreak of World War III in Europe. Another person is making an Iraq War mod, so on and so forth. I was wondering, what if someone was to integrate into their mods an audio package that featured music from that same respective era? In other words, whoever is making Cold War Rearmed could also integrate music that was popular in 1985. I personally, I am looking forward to a Somalia mod and that could feature music from 1992 - 1993.

I got the idea for this by searching for mods for MVP 2005. A guy made a 1994 mod, where he basically simulated a full 1994 baseball season, as opposed to the strike-shortened one that happened in real life. To go along with the mod, he created an audio mod that changed all the music in the game to that of 1994. As result, you could hear Ace of Base, Green Day, Mariah Carey, etc., in the game. Pretty cool.

Anyway, let me know if anyone was thinking the same thing.

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 21 2008, 15:34
Post #2

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

Although I'm sure it would increase the immersion, copyright prevents the free distribution of 99,9% of all popular music, among which the artists you mentioned. We as a site do not support or promote copyright infractions, warez or any other kind of Intellectual Property theft/abuse, whether it be graphical, audible or otherwise. What other communities do is their business.

CLOSED

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:03