4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Australians At War Mod
TheVipersFang
post Nov 20 2007, 12:42
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,346

You guys really should try to team up with the existing ADF ArmA mod. Many hands make light work.

--------------------
- .B.O.H.I.C.A. - .D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

Quote Post
SoldierX-XDF
post Nov 21 2007, 00:47
Post #22

Member No.: 294

No thanks ... Rico seems to be again just retexturing units and other peoples units. I mean lets face it they really just look like American units wearing Auscam. They dont have the baggy uniform, correct gear, correct weapon mounts for land rovers or anything like that.
We are going to the effort of making quality Aussie units from scratch that will look like genuine Aussie units in game. It will take longer but it will be much more worth while.

--------------------

Quote Post
Sheildsy
post Nov 21 2007, 05:10
Post #23

Member No.: 876

Hear Hear, as i have recently discovered with the help of JB™ it is easier to make your own units and have them looking damn good, like the AAW's F88s then covering a BIS SF Assaulter in Black and dubbing it a TAG-E Operator.

Great work X wub.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
RicoADF
post Nov 21 2007, 13:22
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 1,578

QUOTE(SoldierX-XDF @ Nov 21 2007, 10:47) *
No thanks ... Rico seems to be again just retexturing units and other peoples units. I mean lets face it they really just look like American units wearing Auscam. They dont have the baggy uniform, correct gear, correct weapon mounts for land rovers or anything like that.
We are going to the effort of making quality Aussie units from scratch that will look like genuine Aussie units in game. It will take longer but it will be much more worth while.

With all do respect, we have quality models done from scratch as well, but are getting them ingame, the reskins are usually in there as stand ins. And you cant say much about the Auscam since your troops are also just BIS reskins.

I'm sorry but thats disgraceful and I can't see how you can expect anyone to give you any respect/help with that sort of attitude. Sure I might not be doing the best for some people, but I'm 1 man doing the best I can, and I dont think you have the right to bag me out like that, especially when you have no idea what we're doing.

Respectfully,
Rico

--------------------

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Nov 21 2007, 13:23
Post #25

What a childish response SoldierX-XDF. That shows what kind of a person you are. I mean paying out on someone who is new to modding is just wrong. Also most Aussie soldiers have to go to public army disposal shops to buy additional kit because the stuff they are issued is inadequte! Have you actually seen real photos of Aussie soldiers? Take a look at your own recent screen shots with RETEXTURED BIS models thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif grow up guys.

I contacted the AAW mod earlier this year asking about modern units and got a harsh response saying they were only interested in doing Vietnam era Aussie units and now AFTER Rico put up some screenshots does the AAW mod start trying to compete. All I was suggesting was teaming together to speed up the process. Now I will loose interest in your "addons" because of your response. This says things about the ArmA community __yuk.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 21 2007, 15:07
Post #26

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Treading a fine line between debate and flaming gents. Dont escalate or the ban hammer will come down.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Sheildsy
post Nov 21 2007, 21:49
Post #27

I agree Wittmann.
So X, what else is planned for AAW for the Modern Troops?

--------------------

Quote Post
SoldierX-XDF
post Nov 22 2007, 01:55
Post #28

@ Rico and Vipersfang: I fail to see how I have no idea what I'm doing Rico when we have successfully gotten 3 individual weapons in game.
It would seems you guys are a bit touchy and take it all a bit personally. The main point to my statement was that we are going to be making quality addons from scratch and don't intend of re texturing units which I'm sorry Rico is what all your screenshots have shown since you have bought your ADF mod to ArmA.
OH really? who did you contact viper? Sounds like a load to me cause we had the landrover screen shot available from the start and I had been working on the Steyr long before Rico came out with his re textured BH and Abrams. Kind of strange that since day 1 our website has had both the HNA website and the Vietnam website so I don't see why this so called person you contacted would say we are only working on Vietnam.
As for my XDF cams (http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=15) they are in no way part of AAW, they are cams i whipped up in about an hour for XDF. Like I said in my post, XDF was beta testing the F88's, Imagine that XDF using XDF skins!!!
If you 2 want to take this issue further PM me or take it to your own thread

Shieldsy: I'm Currently working on a F89 and the GLA for the Steyr. I want to try get a Australian infantry section weapons pack going. Also going to be making so that when you drop a F88 mag it comes up as a F88 mag like the WGL mod back in flash point used to have instead of one of those stupid satchels BIS has got going .After that I haven't decided yet

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Nov 22 2007, 02:05
Post #29

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

If you 2 want to take this issue further PM me or take it to your own thread

No, just PM please smile.gif

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Sheildsy
post Nov 22 2007, 02:31
Post #30

Sounds great X, cant wait for the release smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
sabre
post Nov 22 2007, 03:19
Post #31

Member No.: 62

nice work guys good to see an aussie mod going places, has been awhile since that has happened, due to poor leadership etc. etc. with other teams.

need a hand, let me know smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Nov 22 2007, 04:12
Post #32

This is nothing but sterile conjecture cry3.gif
I'm just going to leave this right alone nuke.gif
Good luck with your mod guys thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
sabre
post Nov 22 2007, 04:51
Post #33

Member No.: 62

Ive been involved with all the previous teams in one way or another. All didn't 'succeed' because of lack of organisation and/or poor leadership, there where some early successes, i know that, but otherwise everyone had to go off on there own to try to get things done. The lack of released Australian stuff for OFP shows this (there was alot of stuff around that never got released).

Call it speculation\conjecture if you want, but if you are going to i would ask that you explain why you do so?

But anyway if thats all from you, thats all from me.

As i said good to see this mod going places. Keep it up.

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 22 2007, 09:50
Post #34

Group Icon

Good to see you about once more Sabre smile.gif
Steyrs are looking very sexy X!

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Dec 11 2007, 03:33
Post #35

Group Icon

Soldier X has just put up a video on you tube showing the WIP AAW F88 Steyrs in action, see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHqMzICDT_s

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Dec 11 2007, 07:07
Post #36

Just a question, I don't know if anyone has put it out there yet... but what about after market addons like taclights or lasers? It is rare indeed to see a modern photograph of an Aussie soldier with no attachments on his or her weapon. they don't need to actually function, just be there for appearance. Unless you want to code/script the laser to work for designating targets for airstrikes.

--------------------

Quote Post
SoldierX-XDF
post Dec 11 2007, 07:40
Post #37

We could easily, in fact i was going to put a NAD on there but I decided to save polys and not bother with it since it can't be used.

--------------------

Quote Post
Sheildsy
post Dec 11 2007, 08:53
Post #38

I agree X, there is no point to adding something to a weapon that cannot be used in game smile.gif

Vid is looking awsome by the way

--------------------

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Dec 12 2007, 12:10
Post #39

So basically your mod is turning away from realistically recreating the ADF just because of a few very small but very important details? I hope you are not saying no to my suggestion just because of a past disagreement...

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 12 2007, 12:57
Post #40

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(TheVipersFang @ Dec 12 2007, 12:10) *
So basically your mod is turning away from realistically recreating the ADF just because of a few very small but very important details?

Would you leave a dysfunctional or busted piece of equipment on your weapon? I know I wouldn't...it would only add to the weight, it doesn't work ingame at all, so I can understand that they're leaving it out to use that detail on parts that do function in ArmA.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 15:34