Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changing BLUFOR - OPFOR Affiliations
CoKane
post Jan 19 2010, 06:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,618

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on a project where it would be very useful to get US Forces to work alongside with RACS and SLA against a common enemy, so here is my question:

Can I somehow change the Affiliation of SLA Troops from OPFOR to BLUFOR as well as RACS Troops from Independent to BLUFOR?

Thank you in advance

--------------------
War never solved anything, well except fascism, tyranny, slavery, communism, genocide and now we're working on terrorism ;)

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 19 2010, 15:22
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

It's a difficult question, there's three ways you can do this. The first would be to make a new config for SLA and RACS troops that put them on the BLUFOR side, if you haven't got any experience with configging this could be difficult though

The second option is more mission-editor centred, if you have a squad that's on the opfor side, then use the grouping tool to group a higher ranking BLUFOR soldier to the group, the entire squad will be on BLUFOR, you can remove the high ranking solder ingame by setting the "probability of presence" slider to 0.

Finally, you can edit the mission.sqm file to change the sides, this is pretty simple, you need to find your mission's .sqm file (should be in "documents\ArmA\Missions" or "documents\ArmA other profiles\YourName\Missions") and find the groups you want to edit to be on BLUFOR.

For some reason this forum throws up an error if I try to post the relevant section of the mission.sqm file as an example, the process is pretty simple, for each "class itemX" (where X is the relevant number) replace the first line (should read side="EAST";,side="WEST"; or side="GUER";) to the relevant side, where WEST is BLUFOR, EAST is OPFOR and GUER is independent.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
CoKane
post Jan 19 2010, 16:20
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,618

Well then I go with the last one of those options, I mean I took a look at the *.sqm of my mission but I wanted to ask someone before I wreck all the work I put into that mission (working on it for like 2 years, before you ask, it's hard work to build miles over miles of walls to fortify an Island, when you dont got RTE working lol puking2.gif )

Well thanks for the help and I am happy to see that the Arma 1 section in here is not completely dead thumbsup.gif
If I'll get RTE working now then this will be a nice day wink.gif lol

--------------------
War never solved anything, well except fascism, tyranny, slavery, communism, genocide and now we're working on terrorism ;)

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 20:40