Forum Rules Forum Rules
> problem with textures and streets
schwarzermann0815
post Feb 20 2011, 23:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,797

heyho!

i just startet building islands for arma. at the moment i'm a little frustrated because since i started i always had problems but i could solve them with the help of tutorials and forums, but now i got 2

problems i am really unable to solve.

1. problem with textures: i stuck to the tutorials i found, at least that's what i think. the problem is: i make the sat map and the layer mask. i copied the textures of the samplemap in the "data" folder of

my own island. i importet the sat map and layer mask in visitor, start buldozer and it converts everything as it should. in buldozer i can see the textures but now the problem: i use binpbo and make a pbo

file, then i start arma, start the editor and choose my island and when it finished loading i get the message: "cannot load material insel/data/layers/....rvmat" i can put units on the map but when i go on

"preview" the island is white (when i move i leave traces, if that's important). i read the txt file binpbo makes but it doesnt make me any smarter. it says:

Error reading text file 'island\data\layers\p_009-004_n_n_l03.rvmat'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\CfgConvertFileChng\CfgConvertFileChng.exe returned error 1

and that for every rvmat files (didn't count but i guess there is an entry for all of them)

2. problem with streets: i cant import some of the streets in visitor. working streets are: asf, ces, ces_d, kos, sil, silnice_mesto. not working are: asfaltka, silnice, samzat. when i try to get those not

working in visitor i get the message: "object doesn't follow requirements for road object. (Are there all named points present?)"

i hope i didnt confuse anybody with my writing, its enough that i am already confused but maybe somebody here can help me out!? i couldnt find anything in any forum that could help me and i really dont know

what i possibly could have done wrong...
if you need to know anything, just say wink.gif i'd like to help you helping me wink.gif

greetings

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 20:51