> Invasion 1944 - D-Day v1.0 released
JdB
post Jun 2 2009, 14:50
Post #41

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(OFPCAT @ Jun 2 2009, 10:11) *
and the other is hard to control those rifles, especially for automatic ones, such as MG, BAR, Mp43,etc.. It seems the fire recoiling is very strong and almost couldn't shoot effectively to the enemy even in a not far distance. Sometimes, only after one or two shoots, then the following fire will let bullets fly to half-sky.

That is realistic. Today's NATO assault rifles use intermediate cartridges and have a straight stock, making them easy to control. Man-portable automatic weapons were still relatively underdeveloped in WW2. I.e. the US didn't have an easily controllable automatic until the M16 came along in the 1960's (replacing the M14 that suffered the same problems with automatic fire from heavy recoil due to the rifle cartridge it fired, and the bent stock as WW2 era weapons). The MP44 has an intermediate round, but being the first ever assault rifle is still subject to most of the other limitations of it's time.

This post has been edited by I44_John: Jun 2 2009, 14:51

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Ingeneer
post Jun 2 2009, 16:12
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,772

And american M1 carabine also.

--------------------
Liberation Mod 1941-1945 for OFP

Quote Post
Bastian
post Jun 2 2009, 17:12
Post #43

Member No.: 1,092

I personally can't complain about the recoil or handling of the guns. It takes a little time getting used to but it works fine in game.

Quote Post
Call for WW2
post Jun 2 2009, 20:00
Post #44

Member No.: 2,337

hi, i got a very annoying problem, i cant load a saved game. Everytime i want to continue my landing at omaha, it crashes into desktop. Its really annoying to start it all over again every time. Can someone help?
btw. My Arma is patch 1.14
Ty

Quote Post
tisse
post Jun 2 2009, 20:30
Post #45

Member No.: 998

would be nice to have a warfare or evo/domination for this mod!

--------------------

Quote Post
joffre257
post Jun 2 2009, 22:05
Post #46

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,449

CITATION
hi, i got a very annoying problem, i cant load a saved game. Everytime i want to continue my landing at omaha, it crashes into desktop. Its really annoying to start it all over again every time. Can someone help?

Like this missions is done with lots of scripts and some in beta stage like the medic script (but not only this one), like this mission use some specifics functions like disableAI/dostop/domove/checkers... a savegame like for ofp for some of them will break these functions, so AI will not work properly like with defenders, i used disableAI move, if you load a savegame, this function will be deactivated, and you will see some german AI running on the beach (here limits of Arma 1)

About objects/units and they are really a lots hun, i doubt that after 10 mins of gaming, arma could reload this easier (again arma limits and machine limits maybe too)

So to avoid to launch again and again this mission and be forced to watch the intro of the mission, if you are kIA, you can switch ingame or after be KIA, for that press the key "T", you can use it when you want to switch between US soldiers from the GRP1 wink.gif, if you are killed, a switch button will appear, clic on it to use a new soldier to purchase the mission, this function allow you to respawn in fact in real time, it is the idea, like it you can come back from a LCVP/LCM or from the beach or anywhere in the battle zone wink.gif

So savegame here it is not needed really, you just need 0h45 - 1h30 to do this mission after that you will be safety we could say until mis 2 - assault lol

I know it is not easy but damn it is OMAHA lol, so good luck to you and i hope you have fun wink.gif

This post has been edited by joffre257: Jun 2 2009, 22:54

--------------------

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Jun 2 2009, 23:33
Post #47

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

Just played around with the Sherman for the first time. Stunning model, absolutly fantastic work.

--------------------

Quote Post
Jojimbo
post Jun 2 2009, 23:41
Post #48

Member No.: 2,148

ok seein' as some of you poor raw recruits to the U.S. army havin probs gettin on that beach there heres a few tips.
1.when you arrive o that hellish beach theres 2 mg bunkers,go right and take it out by switching to a bangalore guy.
blow a hole in the wire and "take out that mg bunker soldier"
from that position you can quite easily dispatch the other mortar bunker behind it,
take out the enemy sandbag positions working right up to the ruins,
if the other beach mg bunker is still firing take it out.
go back to that mortar bunker before there is a "rabbit" drive up to the big 88mm on the hill.
circumvent the wire and kill all enemy,including the 88mm gun crew.
make your way to the road out which leads inland and meet up with some G.I's there.

Job done,

--------------------

Quote Post
zip
post Jun 3 2009, 15:25
Post #49

Member No.: 2,272

more bugs found:

- the bazooka rounds are very weak
- when someone fires the bazooka it comes up with a script error .... (black box with text)
- the mg gunners are stuck in the ground, your only option is to aim for the head or their neck

Beside that it runs awsome! I dont get why anyone has flaws with the first mission, it runs like a virgin on my pc

Quote Post
Benoist
post Jun 3 2009, 15:43
Post #50

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

Wow, how you managed to make the armor to deflect some projectiles?

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 3 2009, 16:43
Post #51

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(zip @ Jun 3 2009, 16:25) *
more bugs found:

- the bazooka rounds are very weak

Well they were actually very weak. The Panzerschreck and even the Panzerfaust were much more powerful.

--------------------

Quote Post
zip
post Jun 3 2009, 18:50
Post #52

Member No.: 2,272

QUOTE(I44_John @ Jun 3 2009, 17:43) *
Well they were actually very weak. The Panzerschreck and even the Panzerfaust were much more powerful.

Really? wow ... it took 2 rockets to take out a halftrack, I guess you just weapons_owned.gif me

Quote Post
Marss911
post Jun 5 2009, 16:22
Post #53

Member No.: 17

QUOTE(BigglesTrevor @ Jun 3 2009, 00:33) *
Just played around with the Sherman for the first time. Stunning model, absolutly fantastic work.

Thanks BigglesTrevor! I've enjoyed working on it and i'm very happy with the result. cool.gif

Quote Post
OFPCAT
post Jun 6 2009, 01:09
Post #54

Member No.: 5,756

Really very good sherman,Marss. For future release in ARMAII, will you make a 76mm long gun Sherman? By way, it seems could add more kits on this tank, such as sandbags, wheels in front of the armor, just giving more historical atmosphere in battle.

Quote Post
communistbastard
post Jun 14 2009, 21:48
Post #55

Member No.: 1,086

I installed this mod the other day after not having played Arma in almost 4 months, it was quite fun. I haven't played the campaign because my computer is horrible and can barely run Arma in the first place. One thing which is interesting but at the same time a little bit annoying is the wound system. For some reason the Medics don't want to heal me while I am rolling around on the ground and vice versa (when I am playing as a medic they won't heal people rolling around on the ground). Is there any way around this issue?

Quote Post
Jojimbo
post Jun 19 2009, 05:34
Post #56

Member No.: 2,148

we are looking at updating this issue with a patch.for now youll have to "T" out to another player.

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jun 23 2009, 19:58
Post #57

Hipster addonmaker

First and foremost, we would like to thank everyone that has expressed an interest in our mod, and has helped with, or responded to, the release in any way, including providing mirrors, posting feedback and reporting bugs.

Secondly, we'd like to inform the community about the road ahead a bit.

ArmA1

We plan to wrap up the work on the ArmA1 D-Day project after the release of the patch (1-3 weeks) we have planned. The patch will mainly contain bugfixes, and most importantly, will hopefully improve performance for most people. No new content will be added other than that which was planned already (new Sherman variants including the Firefly, and the M5A1 Stuart), with the exception of support trucks for the Americans to increase the multiplayer possibilities (German ones won't be added until ArmA2). After this we hope to move on to ArmA2.

ArmA2

For ArmA2, we do plan to port over the current ArmA1 content, and extend the map further into Normandy, but the D-Day project will not be expanded into Normandy in terms of extra content being added. Some missions, or even a campaign might be made, but other than that, the Normandy era is over.

We are planning a new project which will mainly be focused on MP as opposed to the SP focus we have had until now. The campaign will be designed for multiplayer Coop (but also playable in single player) with a dynamic storyline (i.e. secondary objectives), which will be at least partially fictionalized to suit gameplay requirements.

To create this campaign, we're looking for talented mission makers that are willing to dedicate themselves to the development of what we hope will be a unique taste of WW2. If you're interested, please register on [our forums], and apply!

Pictures can be found at [Armedassault.info].

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 10 2009, 14:35
Post #58

Hipster addonmaker

The last (as tests so far appear to indicate) release-candidate version of the 1.1 patch is currently undergoing tests on a dedicated server to improve multiplayer compatibility and track down any remaining critical issues (crashes, error messages). We hope to release the patch in 5-12 days time.

--------------------

Quote Post
Ingeneer
post Sep 10 2009, 14:49
Post #59

Member No.: 5,772

It's right dessision to continue supporting for Arma, i think.

--------------------
Liberation Mod 1941-1945 for OFP

Quote Post
FlyingSpaghettiMonster
post Mar 28 2010, 20:19
Post #60

Member No.: 7,397

Great Work Guys! worship.gif

As said before, Landing Mission grills my graphics card (Radeon HD-2600 XT with 256 MB GRAM-DDR3) with lagging...and the recoil of the guns is like getting kicked by a donkey boppin2.gif

As i got wounded by MG rolling on the floor I switched to Bangalore Soldier...when i triggered the weapon on the barbed wire I didn't see any texture change...where is the bomb? After some felt 1-2 seconds waiting for the detonation the game crashes to desktop weirdsmiley.gif

For the graphic lagging I will follow your guides to reduce quality to below zero cry3.gif

anyway...great work!

BTW. ArmA crashed also to desktop when I tried out the so called "armory"...just been curious what kind of vehicles you've had included...maybe it's about the scripting for the build-in "challenges" in the original off-mod game....

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 23:47