IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Iron Front: Liberation 1944, worth it?
Hornet85
post Dec 17 2012, 21:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,707

Iron Front is it worth 30USD?+ 10 for D-Day, looks like a bad version of Invasion 1944 tongue.gif

--------------------
Sergeant Major retired, SOF, JSOC.
Combat Deployment: Iraq, Afghanistan, Congo, Somalia, Tchad.
Peacekeeping Deployment: Bosnia, Kosovo, Liberia, South Sudan, Libya.
PMC Deployment: Crimea
Never Back Down! Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 17 2012, 22:31
Post #2

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Hornet85 @ Dec 17 2012, 21:28) *
Iron Front is it worth 30USD?+ 10 for D-Day, looks like a bad version of Invasion 1944 tongue.gif

You should read some of the comments on the BIS forums. No modding, fights between publisher and developer about patching etc blues.gif

If I were to buy it, it would be when it hits the virtual bargain bin.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Dec 18 2012, 05:31
Post #3

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Got it on sale on Steam awhile back.

It does not get played much... only decent, I imagine, if you have a good crew to MP with. SimHQ do so every week.

Personally I will wait for reviews on D-Day, considering getting it when it goes on sale and stick to I44 for most of my ArmA WWII needs.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Fr3eMan
post Dec 18 2012, 11:28
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 9,582

CITAZIONE(Hornet85 @ Dec 17 2012, 21:28) *

Bad version? mellow.gif

Maybe not have the same quantity of content, vehicles, weapons...
But details are very height, for example try to look the amphibious LCVP and say if looks so bad than the I44.
The only thing I can say in this moment is about the M1 Garand, the fire sound and expulsion of empty ammo packet is no so real like I44, I know because really shoot with it during my duty in the Army.
I'm I44 player and IF player and I like them both, anyway I know some player of IF not have A2:CO for play I44 and vice versa, than if increase the content of IF is good for IF players.

Is true in this moment there are some problems for modding of IF, and is sure is a miss and this cause some fights between publisher, you just check DLC is not in sale on BI Store like IF, this is a signal, but is also true the developers team of IF are trying to find a solutions, and is not easy.

I think is the dream of half of the players create a game them self, make the modify they thins is better for improve the game.
The guys of IF do it really, they start for a mod of Arma and realize it with a very low budget the game they want, most of them are A2:CO players and they don't do this game only for make money, I know it because I'm also IF forum moderator.

In each era the competition has led to a development of thought and technology, if this situation becomes a development in any way of the graphics engine of ArmA2 or IF applicable to A2, there are players who will would benefit, so personally I respect the players who create mods, and who had the courage to launch into to create their own game.

Quote Post
Hornet85
post Dec 18 2012, 13:43
Post #5

what i ment with a bad version of I44. is that it feals old. ArmA2: CO feals 2-3 years newer then IF i dont know wy but it do. and it dont realy feel like it gives me any thing i cant get in A2: CO? what is so special in IF that cant be done in A2: CO?

This post has been edited by Hornet85: Dec 18 2012, 13:46

--------------------

Quote Post
Fr3eMan
post Dec 18 2012, 15:06
Post #6

Group Icon

Is not only what's have one more than the other, is think what can be come out from a different point of view.
I'm sure if someone want make the same things of IF with A2:CO can be done, but not vice versa(about modding in this moment).

Some days ago BIS said will postpone the exit of A3, for more reasons, but also said part of the team now working of stand alone of DayZ.
Last year in may I read this news on this website where was reported the US Army want to make a new military simulator with an american company, and spend $57 million for develop of it(others link1, link2).

Than this means this $57 million wasn't used for develop of VBS system of BIS, and what's is develop of VBS can be apply to A3 engine.
BIS have not a so big part of the market of FPS, develop of game mean spend money, and the last exit of BIS wasn't so good.
The surprise of DayZ open mind of BIS in a different way for use of A2 engine, and they understand can make a lot money with this new games.
Almost all of the players of DayZ will buy DayZ stand alone, and this means increase the market for BIS, and money for engine develop.

More of my friends play with A2:CO don't like DayZ, and a lot of players of DayZ don't know really A2:CO and others mod.
Last DLC of BIS wasn't included in a official patch like the first two, why?
Ok maybe 700 megabyte of patch 1.60 was already a good reason, but why not include on the patch 1.62, I feel this like not so much interest on the DLC and than in A2:CO, only another contents for sell a DLC(half of the vehicles already existing, just change the name, aspect, country symbol and put a lighting pole on top).
And if DayZ was made from a separate developer of BIS?

So for this I can't think will be released before the end of next year A3, and I don't start to think about this after last declaration of BIS, and also I don't think is only the problem of the two arrested guy in Greece(I hope will be solved soon also this incredible story), was a lot of time BIS don't give others news about the status of A3 develop before last week.

For this I said all the things can make any improvement of engine is good for us, you can think what more I can have from IF than A2:CO, but in the same way one IF player can think what more can have form A2:CO, personally I'm not interested so much about it, I'm only interested to have more content, more possibility, more choice, and if this can create the possibility for any improvement for me is one more enough reason.

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 18 2012, 17:45
Post #7

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Fr3eMan @ Dec 18 2012, 11:28) *
But details are very height, for example try to look the amphibious LCVP and say if looks so bad than the I44.

I don't want to hear a single bad word about the I44 LCVP, and that is in no way related to it having been created by me*! blues.gif

It looks great in OFP though drunk.gif

* AFAIK they are still using the one I made.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Fr3eMan
post Dec 18 2012, 18:44
Post #8

Group Icon

CITAZIONE(JdB @ Dec 18 2012, 17:45) *
I don't want to hear a single bad word about the I44 LCVP, and that is in no way related to it having been created by me*! blues.gif

I wasn't said I44 LCVP looks bad, I'm sorry if I has bad explain, I like too I44 mod and I'm waiting the new update!

CITAZIONE(Hornet85 @ Dec 17 2012, 21:28) *
looks like a bad version of Invasion 1944 tongue.gif

I just want said wasn't looks so bad too also the IF LCVP, and IF is not only a bad version of I44, is another game.

Quote Post
ProfTournesol
post Dec 18 2012, 21:02
Post #9

Member No.: 5,404

I'm a huge fan (and modder) of historical mods on RV engine, i support every I44, HIP, ACR 38-45 or September 39 ArmA2 mods, and i would gladly buy their games if those modding teams released a stand alone game. That's why i bought IF which were built by a very small studio (AWAR) composed of ex OFP/ArmA modders, and i wasn't disappointed at all, knowing what kind of bugs may happen on the RV engine. The models, islands and textures are top notch, and are worth buying the game (and DLC), along with their great vehicle dammage system.

You can play both, IF AND free mods for ArmA2. I support both.

This post has been edited by ProfTournesol: Dec 18 2012, 21:04

--------------------

Quote Post
Hornet85
post Dec 19 2012, 00:02
Post #10

yes but is it worth another 40usd when i allready have ArmA2?

--------------------

Quote Post
Fr3eMan
post Dec 19 2012, 10:57
Post #11

Group Icon

somebody say to you have to buy IF or A2:CO not work?
Is your choice.

the follow image is what's is coming out form quake engine, if all the people buy quake ask them self why I have to buy the others game if I have quake maybe we still play with Donkey Kong smile.gif

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 19 2012, 11:15
Post #12

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Member No.: 155

QUOTE(Hornet85 @ Dec 18 2012, 23:02) *
yes but is it worth another 40usd when i allready have ArmA2?

40USD? That's twice what it was over here when it first came out. ohnoo.gif

IMHO, if you're thinking of getting around now, just wait a week or two, you'll probably be able to pick it up for a fiver or so, given Christmas and everything.

(Also, wasn't GoldSrc based on Winquake?)

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Fr3eMan
post Dec 19 2012, 11:37
Post #13

Group Icon

CITAZIONE(D@V£ @ Dec 19 2012, 11:15) *
40USD? That's twice what it was over here when it first came out. ohnoo.gif

I think is IF+DLC rolleyes.gif

Quote Post
Hornet85
post Dec 19 2012, 12:21
Post #14

yes IF and DLC, yes but i dont see this as a new game, it dont even look like a new game, its just arma2? every thing it it is just arma2 looks like a team of moders just wanted to make some money.
but yes for a good price il buy it one day just to have it. i have been playing this games since OFP in 2001 and have all games that have been done almost.
OFP CWC
OFP RES
ArmA
ArmA QG
ArmA2 CO/BAF/PMC
VBS/VBS2
wayting for ArmA3 so maybe one day il pick a copy of IF op when the price isent that high smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
ProfTournesol
post Dec 19 2012, 14:35
Post #15

Member No.: 5,404

Yes, IF + DLC is worth 40 USD IMHO, but you can wait for some kind of promotion which will probably happen one day or another.

--------------------

Quote Post
Hornet85
post Dec 23 2012, 21:52
Post #16

Now i got it smile.gif 25usd IF and DLC smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 00:11