Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
> Just got this and need mod recommendations
SubTonic
post May 3 2010, 13:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,551

Hey, I got this game today and I'd like to know a few things concerning mods and about any mods that you guys would generally recommend. I have the ACE mod downloaded already, as it's rather large, but there's one thing that's bothering me: Performance. See, I don't have a very good machine. My graphics card is okay, being a Radeon 4650, but my CPU is lackluster, only running at a lousy 2.8GHz. I have 2 gigs of RAM, though, so that isn't an issue, just the CPU.

What I'm afraid of are mods that enhance the AI a lot. Even in Operation Flashpoint, many mods that improve AI kill my performance, and since ArmA wants a better CPU than Flashpoint, well..you can see why I'm worried. I'd really just like a mod that improves just about every aspect of the game, but keeps the AI changing to a minimum. I've searched and searched for an extensive ACE changelog, but I can't seem to find one. The ones I have found don't say much, but I don't see much mention of AI. Granted, I'd like any AI glitches and inconsistencies to be fixed if possible (Like I've heard the Warmod makes it so AI can't see well through fog and such), but I don't want mods that add innumerable scripts to it.

So, going by that, are there any you guys would recommend to me?

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:22