Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ARMA addons for ARMA2?
T4MP400
post Jul 23 2009, 15:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,719

I have a simple question... Do arma addons work with arma2 like they should (Like they would in arma). If not is there any program that convert arma addons to arma2 addons?

--------------------
Gunner: Sir! We are surrounded! Commander: Excellent! Then we can attack them from all directions!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 23 2009, 15:25
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Sort of.

Any addon that inherits from classes not present in ArmA2 won't work. (Most soldier addons for ArmA1 inherit from one of the ArmA1 base solders, which aren't present in ArmA2)
Any addon that uses textures, sounds, scripts or proxies not present in ArmA2 won't work.
Binarized infantry won't work in ArmA2 (I'm not actually sure about this though. I can't think of why they wouldn't...)

In short, probably not, but there's no harm in trying.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
T4MP400
post Jul 23 2009, 15:49
Post #3

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Jul 23 2009, 16:25) *
Sort of.

Any addon that inherits from classes not present in ArmA2 won't work. (Most soldier addons for ArmA1 inherit from one of the ArmA1 base solders, which aren't present in ArmA2)
Any addon that uses textures, sounds, scripts or proxies not present in ArmA2 won't work.
Binarized infantry won't work in ArmA2 (I'm not actually sure about this though. I can't think of why they wouldn't...)

Yeah cause right now im not that impressed by arma2 so i was hoping that the addons of arma would work, making it a better game but i guess i buy it later when someone starts poping out new addons. Thanks for the help

--------------------
Gunner: Sir! We are surrounded! Commander: Excellent! Then we can attack them from all directions!

Quote Post
T4MP400
post Jul 23 2009, 19:12
Post #4

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Jul 23 2009, 16:25) *
Sort of.

btw do you mean that Vehicles may work cause they cant be made of ARMA stuff? Right? Do you mean that only soldiers and stuff like that cant be used in arma2?

Do you think this mod would work together with arma2?
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?gam...ities&id=46

This post has been edited by T4MP400: Jul 23 2009, 19:17

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 23 2009, 19:47
Post #5

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Inheritance is a config thing. Instead of writing out every different attribute it's easier to simple tell the engine that this object has the attributes of a different object, then tell it how it isn't like that object. It's also ensuring the addon works well in total conversions, as they'll inherit from the modified base classes.

There's not really anyway to tell if an addon inherits from any other base classes without opening the addon up (not really an option if it's binarized).

As for the real-time editor... probably not. I'd imagine it's been set up to work with ArmA1 and require a good bit of tweaking to get it working in ArmA2.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Kalashnikov_7.62
post Jul 23 2009, 19:47
Post #6

Member No.: 5,680

Just to add.. I have tried using the UK 4th rifles from arma 1 ..but they wont work because of the SA80s they use..

--------------------
I’m the man who dreams of running amok on the set of Mamma Mia! with a large-calibre machinegun -Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Post
T4MP400
post Jul 23 2009, 20:23
Post #7

OK, I am a very sad boy now. Thanks for the help anyway. Now i can spend my money on stuff that support arma1 addons which is none. cry3.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
bulkington80
post Jul 23 2009, 20:26
Post #8

Member No.: 5,468

"none" money or addons for arma1?

--------------------
Good guys play ArmA-1

Quote Post
T4MP400
post Jul 24 2009, 11:06
Post #9

QUOTE(bulkington80 @ Jul 23 2009, 21:26) *
"none" money or addons for arma1?

I have arma + 10gb of addons for it but its kinda fudged up.
http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=3381

--------------------

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Aug 3 2009, 19:32
Post #10

Member No.: 1,007

well i just had a go wit the mg15 addon in arma2 and it works all ok but the one bug i did get wos no sound from it ?? and gig_scud works ok as well just rename in the config

// ver1.3

class CfgPatches
{
class GIG_Scud
{
units[] = {"GIG_Scud"};
weapons[] = {};
requiredAddons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 1.02;

and it will work just one bug for it and it's cant open p3d file
and one more thing if you do fix any and have tham in game fully working do ask the addon maker if its ok to releas it but ya have a go and see wot you can get working i will be smile.gif

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
Fatality
post Aug 3 2009, 20:54
Post #11

Member No.: 6,251

since we are on this topic i remember seein somethin abou arma 2 addons workn with arma1.
is this true?

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Aug 3 2009, 22:08
Post #12

Member No.: 1,007

i dut know any working but all i can say is have a go but id like to see a list of what will work for arma 1 and 2 happy.gif

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:33