Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Addons
lyaoz
post Jun 11 2010, 00:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,642

hello,
Recently i have been downloading a few for addons than i usually do and i can't seem to be getting some of them working...
Some of the addons are: *Isle Panethera
*Grant Airbase, Luisiana (Armaholic)
*PMC 51k Desert
*Winter textured units
And a few others...
Some of these come with the description "Place in modfolder" or "add to target you wish to launch it from" and a few others like these...
Well, What is a Modfolder? or just how could i get these working?
I just tried placing the PBO files in 'C:/program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Addons/' like i would any other addon but it isn't working...
Most of the maps appear in my list of maps when i open the editor, but none of them have pictures and when i try to open them the game crashes and i get an errorbox saying "arma 2 has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution to this problem"

So if anyone can help with this, please, PLEASE, give me a yell on this thread...

Cheers,
Lyaoz ph34r.gif

--------------------
Never light a cigarette three times with the same match near a sniper...
1st time: gets his attention
2nd time: he aims
3rd time:**BOOM**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***BOOM, HEADSHOT***...... when footshots arent enough....

Quote Post
sgt.spoetnik
post Jun 11 2010, 16:39
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,559

Hi, A modfolder is a map in the Arma2 folder, so when you go to C:->program files->bohemia interactive->Arma2, you will see several maps like addons,bin,missions,..., A modfolder is placed in there with the others and ussually starts with @(like @Panthera or @ACE2,...)and in this addondolder we make a other folder called addons,in there you place you addon's. then it looks like this ->Arma2->@panthera->addons->panthera-pbofile.
Ussually most addons and mods are already packed into a modfolder that you only need to extract it and change or add the targetline.

To run the addon,open you shortcut on desktop and add on the end off the target line this -> -mod@Panthera, so it looks like this:C:->program files\bohemia interactive\Arma2\arma2.exe" -mod=@Panthera

Hope its a bit off help and post any probs for futher help
cya

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:28