Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Better FPS, Help
Dexter Vanhorn
post Feb 24 2011, 02:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,804

Hello All I would just like to introduce my self. My name is Dexter, I'm pretty new to the forums Been playing Arm2 For about a year. So anyways i came to the forums to get a little help. I'm wondering if there is anyway i can get better F.P.S In Arma2. I can run it without any lag But my FPS is kind of glitchy. im not wanting to buy a new computer or anything, and i just wondering if there is anyway for me to fix this without buying a new card for my computer or anything Thanks all!

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 24 2011, 13:41
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

The biggest hits on performance are anti-aliasing and view distance. I find having anti-aliasing disabled and 1km viewdistance works pretty well smile.gif

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Feb 24 2011, 13:44
Post #3

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

What do you mean by "glitchy" ?

As you already know ArmA2 is a gaming having special features such as displaying a very large open world in-game and so is very demanding and quite different in its needs to a more "normal" game, so 25 FPS will be bad in Battlefield but quite satisfying in ArmA2 ^^.

Without hardware modification, you can play with the advanced video controls in order to tweak an acceptable feeling in-game :
- set the view distance at 2500m
- set the controls to "normal"
- disable "Anisotropic Filtering" and "Post-Processing Effect"

Speaking about the hardware, from my own experience, I will suggest having enough Ram, such as 4Go, but you can have good in-game feelings with middle range CPU and Video card, given that your rig is a bit over official minimum specs for you will not fully enjoy the game with an Athlon @ 2.5 Ghz and an ATI 3650 512 Mo sad.gif.

Speak about your own specs so we can say if there is something more to be done ... or not ...

--------------------

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 25 2011, 00:53
Post #4

Member No.: 476

Hi, i'd get much more FPS installing all this Mods:

- OKT NoBlur.
- GDT Mod Grass.
- GDT Mod HDR.
- GDT Mod Plants.

'Em all need the Comunity Base Addons (aka CBA), install the latest CBA version and then begin to look for all those mods. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
Dexter Vanhorn
post Feb 25 2011, 01:46
Post #5

QUOTE(Old Bear @ Feb 24 2011, 04:44) *
What do you mean by "glitchy" ?

As you already know ArmA2 is a gaming having special features such as displaying a very large open world in-game and so is very demanding and quite different in its needs to a more "normal" game, so 25 FPS will be bad in Battlefield but quite satisfying in ArmA2 ^^.

Without hardware modification, you can play with the advanced video controls in order to tweak an acceptable feeling in-game :
- set the view distance at 2500m
- set the controls to "normal"
- disable "Anisotropic Filtering" and "Post-Processing Effect"

Speaking about the hardware, from my own experience, I will suggest having enough Ram, such as 4Go, but you can have good in-game feelings with middle range CPU and Video card, given that your rig is a bit over official minimum specs for you will not fully enjoy the game with an Athlon @ 2.5 Ghz and an ATI 3650 512 Mo sad.gif.

Speak about your own specs so we can say if there is something more to be done ... or not ...

Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU E600@ 2.93GHz 2.93GHz

Installed Memory (Ram) 4.00 GB

System type 64-Bit Operating System (windows 7)

--------------------

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Feb 25 2011, 03:46
Post #6

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU E600@ 2.93GHz 2.93GHz

Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 ? ... a bit unsure about ref.
But never mind, this CPU is in the low end section -according to the current criteria- so there will be not much hope in this part.
Tell us about the graphic part ...

--------------------

Quote Post
Dexter Vanhorn
post Feb 25 2011, 04:39
Post #7

QUOTE(Old Bear @ Feb 24 2011, 18:46) *
Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 ? ... a bit unsure about ref.
But never mind, this CPU is in the low end section -according to the current criteria- so there will be not much hope in this part.
Tell us about the graphic part ...

NVIDIA Geforce 210

Chip-Type- Geforce 210

DAC Type: Integrated Ramdac

Approx Total Memory 2288 MB

--------------------

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Feb 25 2011, 15:33
Post #8

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Rhaaa ....

Well the GeForce210 is just the minimum you must have in order to play, no wonder why your FPS is kinda "glitchy".
With such card, the only way is to get addons such as wipman was speaking of.

I will suggest to think about a better GPU ... aim at Nvidia GTS 450 1Mo or ATI Radeon 5750 1Mo minimum.

--------------------

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 00:48