2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)
Warrior X™
post Sep 15 2009, 11:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 424

Our work for Armed Assault 2 has begun for some time now.
This thread will be used to keep you updated on the latest news around the mod for Armed Assault 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment section:

Moving over stuff from Armed Assault 1 to 2 is time consuming. Learning new stuff for it even more.

WE WANT YOU!!!

The Unsung Mod is on a wide scale recruitment offensive for Armed Assault II. We have a lot of work to be done and that's why we need YOUR help!

We need help in all fields of expertise:

- Configgers
- Moddelers
- Scripters
- Sound editors
- Island builders

Do you have allready some knowledge in any of the above fields and are interested in the Vietnam war like we are and feel you could be of help? Do reply on our forums over at OFPNAM.com (click here). Please do not post for recruitment jobs in this thread!

NOT NEEDED PEOPLE CURRENTLY:

- Mission makers
- Voice actors
- Beta testers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current project:

The hill fights of Khe Sanh.

Prior to the main battle for the Khe Sanh combat base (KSCB) in 1968, there were a series of battles taking place in 1967 in the hills surrounding the KSCB. These hill fights in 1967 is the scene that we are currently modding.
Some info on Khe Sanh and the hill fights can be read on this: wiki page (click this)

Stay tuned for the latest news in this thread and thank you for your support! smile.gif

--------------------
In the end it was no longer important who was right or who was wrong. It was the fact who shot to kill first. Who spotted the other one first out there in the boonies and who was faster on the trigger. You didn't kill because you hated the enemy, you killed so you and your buddies next to you would survive....

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Oct 8 2009, 09:18
Post #2

Some WIP shots of some of the weapons The Unsung MOD are working on for ArmA II. The pics show:

- CT56 with bajonet attached.
- EX41 aka China Lake Pump-Action Grenade Launcher.
- M45 Submachine Gun.
- M16-M203 Grenade Launcher with 30 rnd mag.

We are also still looking for new members people!
Look at the following link to find out more about job's available: Apply for a Unsung jobby job in the jungles of South-East Asia!

boppin2.gif

--------------------
In the end it was no longer important who was right or who was wrong. It was the fact who shot to kill first. Who spotted the other one first out there in the boonies and who was faster on the trigger. You didn't kill because you hated the enemy, you killed so you and your buddies next to you would survive....

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Jeza
post Oct 8 2009, 14:02
Post #3

Guests

Looking fantastic as ever matey, epic project wink.gif

Quote Post
Mast
post Oct 8 2009, 15:39
Post #4

Member No.: 4,877

Looking great guys. I could've sworn that the M-16's during the Vietnam years had only 20 rnd magazines and not 30 rnd. I'm sure the M79 is being worked on too. biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Oct 8 2009, 19:57
Post #5

QUOTE(Mast @ Oct 8 2009, 16:39) *
Looking great guys. I could've sworn that the M-16's during the Vietnam years had only 20 rnd magazines and not 30 rnd. I'm sure the M79 is being worked on too. biggrin.gif

Heya,

Assuming you are the same guy. This was answered to you by PolishGI on our BIS forum thread.
Link: click me

wink.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Oct 13 2009, 12:08
Post #6

Some more WIP shots of 2 vehicles that The Unsung MOD are working on for ArmA II.

The pics show:

- C123 Provider aircraft. (Note: This has recently been released for ArmA I. Pic is from ArmA II!)
- D7 Bulldozer. (yes yes spare us the humour in that one. D7 Bulldozer pic taken in...Buldozer tiredsmiley.gif wink.gif)

Still looking for new members people! Apply for a Unsung job here!

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Jeza
post Oct 13 2009, 13:29
Post #7

Guests

Hi

Just a quikie, as in previous projects, i asume that within the islands being developed there will be FOB's and other bases ect, my question is, as you told me before it is impossible to put holes into ArmA2, does this also mean that say the perimeter of such a base would not be able to have some sort of trench system I have seen from many US bases throughout southern-Vietnam? I only ask because i see that ArmA have incorporated some-sort of trench in empty-objects in the editor. Also finaly, we touched on before about the thick folidge that you are now able to implament into the maps, my question here is, will the AI be able to see a simlar amount to the human player...or will he have the advantage of being able to see through the folidge, i.e. if so are there any plans to change this?

Hope the mod is going well.

Kind Regards Jeza.

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Oct 13 2009, 14:22
Post #8

QUOTE(Jeza @ Oct 13 2009, 14:29) *
Hi

Just a quikie, as in previous projects, i asume that within the islands being developed there will be FOB's and other bases ect, my question is, as you told me before it is impossible to put holes into ArmA2, does this also mean that say the perimeter of such a base would not be able to have some sort of trench system I have seen from many US bases throughout southern-Vietnam? I only ask because i see that ArmA have incorporated some-sort of trench in empty-objects in the editor. Also finaly, we touched on before about the thick folidge that you are now able to implament into the maps, my question here is, will the AI be able to see a simlar amount to the human player...or will he have the advantage of being able to see through the folidge, i.e. if so are there any plans to change this?

Hope the mod is going well.

Kind Regards Jeza.

Indeed perimiter trenches as seen during the Vietnam war around bases are simulated in our mod by trenches above ground due to not being able to make hole sinside the terrain. And the foliage we had in ArmA I is the same kind of foliage we will have in ArmA II. We will try to improve it once again. But with the current foliage, the AI sees about the same as a player. It is however the question of how much noise the player makes to stay undetected. For example if you run, you will be a easy target and spotted from a fair distance. If you however move slow and low to the ground, you can actually walk up to about within 50 meters of the AI. Seen many occasions in MP sessions where we actually crossed into an enemy AI patrol and stood face to face with the enemy, firing like mad and trying not to kill the guy next to you with friendly fire. So yeah the foliage has been worked around so the AI sees less of the player and the player has a chance of survival.
If you want to try the foliage out i suggest to try our mod in ArmA I untill we present our mod into ArmA II. That is if you have ArmA I wink.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Jeza
post Oct 13 2009, 15:05
Post #9

Guests

Thank-you clears that up for me then. I'll just keep a sure-eye on this thread untill release, as my ArmA1 died an untimely death from a jam sandwich!

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Jun 3 2010, 17:02
Post #10

Member No.: 282

Pity...

I will poke X to post some screenshots here... We only have a million of them...

--------------------

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... Victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Jun 9 2010, 10:28
Post #11

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Some updates for the front page would be nice chaps wink.gif

Looking forward to some stalking through the J.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Jun 11 2010, 15:42
Post #12

QUOTE(Wittmann @ Jun 9 2010, 02:28) *

Hi Wittmann,

We are working on something to post... Perhaps in the next day or two...

--------------------

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... Victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Jun 11 2010, 20:32
Post #13

QUOTE(Wittmann @ Jun 9 2010, 11:28) *

Heads up!

See: our bis thread.

More news probably to follow. Can't promise though hehe rolleyes.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Imutep
post Jun 13 2010, 11:14
Post #14

ArmAdeus
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 559

Very nice pics!
When it's released i plan to make a small campaign about the Tet Offensive. cool.gif

--------------------

German Mission Editing && Scripting Website

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Jun 18 2010, 23:06
Post #15

Some more recent WIP pics. Showing you how spooky the jungle looks:

Cheers,

The Unsung MOD

(Don't just experience Vietnam, LIVE IT!)

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Jun 19 2010, 02:18
Post #16

Oh cool... you captured some of the jungle. Good to finally see the plane wreck in game.

--------------------

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Jun 28 2010, 02:13
Post #17

"Some more promo pics of the US army on patrol and a WIP video of them in jungle combat.

Big thanks to WOLFRUG for getting the DSAI module working & Cjohnson for the radio system finally its in!!! Thanks again guys."

This is a video based on the current version of the MOD. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bTXvsBD_Z4

--------------------

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Jul 4 2010, 00:43
Post #18

Here is a post from one of our mission guys Jezaa...

Cheers!

QUOTE(Jezaa;1669498)
Hi Guys here's a quick video of some SP: Please note it was done with free fraps and the sound quality is poor(turn down your sound), little jumpy at the start but it goes away once fraps kicks in, the map itself runs fine for me fps wise. Anyway here's it is, few combat moment & traps from 3mins onwards, before that really is just an intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-DI0fZTwhU...layer_embedded#!

--------------------

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Jul 11 2010, 00:07
Post #19

The Unsung MOD released yet another video with some footage of patrols and combat in the Lowlands area that will be in the upcoming release!

The Lowlands village combat video

Source: www.ofpnam.com (home of The Unsung MOD)

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Aug 8 2010, 21:44
Post #20

The Unsung MOD declassified another video with some footage from The Lowlands area that will be in the upcoming release!

Unsung vid (click here)

Source: OFPNAM.com

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 23:54