Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> arma weapons not accurate, can't hit, very bad aim in arma
random
post Mar 21 2008, 02:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,659

i was wondering why the aim in arma seemed horrible, i mean the grenade launchers nwver seem to hit and even with the m24, shooting seems to never line up properly it would go everywhere, considering it was onlt about 200m. And the m4 can't hit a target at 200 m either, the bullets just fly out anywhere, ?!?!?? i don't get it? help??

Quote Post
Benoist
post Mar 21 2008, 03:34
Post #2

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

Maybe because you own a pirate version? It's a good anti-copy system.

If you were more smart and you have look upon that "error" you wouldn't get banned.

Quote Post
Bence
post Mar 21 2008, 10:49
Post #3

huns not dead

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 72

IF you own a pirate/warez version, please uninstall it and pruchase/download a retail copy! If you have the original, try reinstalling it and appy all patches!

--------------------
HUNS
NOT
DEAD

Quote Post
D@V£
post Mar 21 2008, 12:27
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Assuming you have a legal copy of ArmA, then there's a few things that could possible be going on;
1. When you get shot in the arm you loose the ability to shoot accurately. Find a medic and get patched up!
2. After sprinting, crouchwalking, or holding your breath for too long you won't be able to aim too well, stop moving and wait for the two bars on the cursor to move inwards before taking your shot.
3. Certain weapons disperse due to ballistics, I'm not sure if the M24 is effected by this, but usually they miss by the same amount each time, try aiming to compensate for this.
4. Hold rightmouse to hold your breath, this will allow you to aim better, don't hold it too long though!

As for grenade launchers, they're just a bitch to use IMO. Practice shooting down helicopters with them to get good! tongue.gif

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 21 2008, 14:52
Post #5

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

When you start the game, does it already behave like this, or does it gradually get worse as you play?

What does this have to do with Mods? (since you posted it in this section)

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Bence
post Mar 21 2008, 17:08
Post #6

huns not dead

Member No.: 72

Like I said, reinstall the game and check it again!

Btw, the german pirate version should act like that! (Don't ask me how do I know....)

--------------------
HUNS
NOT
DEAD

Quote Post
berbinator
post Mar 24 2008, 19:09
Post #7

Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE(Bence @ Mar 21 2008, 12:08) *
Like I said, reinstall the game and check it again!

Btw, the german pirate version should act like that! (Don't ask me how do I know....)

Hmmmm... I have a question then, cause I have a german DL version HOWEVER before the ban-hammer swings, I bought it fair an square. However the aim was always totally crappy. missing erratic to sides top bottom, however I recently requested and recieved a replacement key due to losing my old one (old one was from like 2 years ago or something) now aiming is not anyworse but I turn into seagull?? implying that FADE is active? was it before, cause before aim sucked but no friggin seagulls.... dunno i'm confused.

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 24 2008, 19:14
Post #8

Hipster addonmaker

If you're using a trainer/other kind of cheat, or a no-cd executable, FADE will most likely be triggered as well.

--------------------

Quote Post
berbinator
post Mar 24 2008, 21:00
Post #9

Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE(JdB @ Mar 24 2008, 14:14) *
If you're using a trainer/other kind of cheat, or a no-cd executable, FADE will most likely be triggered as well.

I thought that FADE was triggered by cd key or absence thereof? How can they offer working DL only version if no-cd exe activates FADE? glare.gif

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 26 2008, 14:29
Post #10

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(berbinator @ Mar 24 2008, 21:00) *
I thought that FADE was triggered by cd key or absence thereof? How can they offer working DL only version if no-cd exe activates FADE? glare.gif

Sorry, didn't see your post.

FADE can be triggered by changing the .exe in any way, if it's not exactly the right size, it will be triggered (I'm also assuming it has one or more checksums). Also programs that modify files from outside the engine will most likely trigger FADE. This is to stop cheats from being used. I guess that is why BIS moved from gameplay annoyances to actual obstructions, as in killing the player and displaying the on-screen message about FADE. Instead of being annoying, using cheats will now make it impossible to play.

No-cd doesn't necessarily mean that a check is performed to see whether or not the disc is in the drive, it can be an algorith to determine if the files are original and untempered with, and that nothing is being run that affects the game (active file monitoring).

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 18:43