Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First views on ARMA II DEMO
W@rDog
post Jun 26 2009, 14:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 645

Well just tried the ARMA II Demo and so far, things have gotten worst! I am just above minimum requirements;

Pentium4 dual core 3200Ghz
Geforce 7600
Asus MB
4Ghz of DDR2 ram

So I set everything to a minimum, and tried the other settings realistic to my configuration, NOTHING worked out!

Helicopters still wobble & bobble (BIS still ignores peoples request to come to stable flying chopers as in OFP)
YOU as a soldier wobble & bobble too! Its as tough you were looking through video cam fixed on the soldiers helmet! When you run the world around you remains stable!
Even controlling the tanks has become hard!
Aiming as been improved though!

The grahics! Very cool! As long as you don't move! Cause when you do, everything becomes a slow motion BLUR!
But, as I stated in previous posts, I could do with less graphics and better gameplay.

Wanted to see if this time covert operations woukld be possible but, since no silenced weapons were available in demo, was unable to see. (For those who don't understand, in OFP if you shot someone out of sight, no AI would know. In ARMA even shooting someone out of sight on the other side of town all AI's even distant BMP's in neaby towns would know and come looking for you! Dumb isn't it!

Frankly to say the least, IT SUCKS! I'll wait till september to see what OFP2 will give when it comes out. As for this 5€ would be too much to pay for something you can't play with! NOT WORTH updating a computer when you know that the end will be the 1% realism AS there was in ARMA.

Quote Post
Rellikki
post Jun 26 2009, 15:36
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 13

Helicopters still wobble & bobble (BIS still ignores peoples request to come to stable flying chopers as in OFP)

Personally I prefer the ARMA's flight model. OFP's isn't really that great... It's easy to use, yes, but not "detailed" enough.

YOU as a soldier wobble & bobble too! Its as tough you were looking through video cam fixed on the soldiers helmet! When you run the world around you remains stable!

I don't know about the demo, but you can at least disable it in the full version. It's fully adjustable.

The grahics! Very cool! As long as you don't move! Cause when you do, everything becomes a slow motion BLUR!

That's an effect to simulate getting tired of the running. Personally I think it's a good effect. It's not like you're at your sharpest when winded of running. Again, I believe this is able to be disabled too in the full version.

This post has been edited by Rellikki: Jun 26 2009, 15:45

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:31