Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Major sound issues.
Mockingbirdred
post May 22 2007, 00:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 837

Just got ArmA yesterday, and it runs fine, other than the sound. I couldn't tell you what soundcard I have, but I know it's pretty damn good. This doesnt happen in any of my other games, just ArmA.

Problems include:

Engine noises disappearing altogether.

Gunshots disappearing.

Gunshots being replaced by another sound effect, which gets extremely irritating when you're firing a machine gun, and it's going "roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger " all the frigging time.

Speech cutting out halfway through sentences, or sometimes just not being heard at all.

Anyone else find this? Anyone got any suggestions for fixing it? I've turned off hardware accelerationa and EAX, but to no avail.

Quote Post
P226
post May 22 2007, 09:07
Post #2

Member No.: 833

QUOTE(Mockingbirdred @ May 22 2007, 01:14) *
Just got ArmA yesterday, and it runs fine, other than the sound. I couldn't tell you what soundcard I have, but I know it's pretty damn good. This doesnt happen in any of my other games, just ArmA.

Problems include:

Engine noises disappearing altogether.

Gunshots disappearing.

Gunshots being replaced by another sound effect, which gets extremely irritating when you're firing a machine gun, and it's going "roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger " all the frigging time.

Speech cutting out halfway through sentences, or sometimes just not being heard at all.
Anyone else find this? Anyone got any suggestions for fixing it? I've turned off hardware accelerationa and EAX, but to no avail.

You shoot "Rogers"?!! Are your drivers up to date? Maybe your soundcard isn't compatible with ArmA? I know in OFP with SB Live! I had issues when turning the hardware acceleration on, sounds were ugly, some loud sounds not even heard etc... But turning it off solved the problem.
Also when playing online ArmA there was a bug in a mission where the leader's character couldn't stop saying roger,roger,roger... Is it online you have this problem or all the time?

Quote Post
Mockingbirdred
post May 23 2007, 17:53
Post #3

Member No.: 837

QUOTE(P226 @ May 22 2007, 09:07) *
You shoot "Rogers"?!! Are your drivers up to date? Maybe your soundcard isn't compatible with ArmA? I know in OFP with SB Live! I had issues when turning the hardware acceleration on, sounds were ugly, some loud sounds not even heard etc... But turning it off solved the problem.
Also when playing online ArmA there was a bug in a mission where the leader's character couldn't stop saying roger,roger,roger... Is it online you have this problem or all the time?

It's all the time. I really don't think it's the soundcard. I'll try updating the drivers though.

Even with hardware acceleration turned off, it still has problems.

Quote Post
JustExtreme
post Jun 1 2007, 18:08
Post #4

Member No.: 863

QUOTE(Mockingbirdred @ May 23 2007, 17:53) *
It's all the time. I really don't think it's the soundcard. I'll try updating the drivers though.

Even with hardware acceleration turned off, it still has problems.

I have your exact same problem although I remember it being ok a few days ago. I have a Realtek HD Audio ALC882, do you have any updates on fixing this?

Quote Post
igor7111
post Jan 5 2008, 18:51
Post #5

Member No.: 2,036

QUOTE(JustExtreme @ Jun 1 2007, 11:08) *
I have your exact same problem although I remember it being ok a few days ago. I have a Realtek HD Audio ALC882, do you have any updates on fixing this?

did you ever get this fixed? i have the same problem.

Quote Post
Silencer
post Aug 20 2008, 00:18
Post #6

Member No.: 3,943

Got the same problem here....engine sound disappearing together with some shot...and, yes, sometimes in choppers I shoot "Rogers" too.....it's really hilarious in multiplayer... smile.gif
Well, as this thread seems pretty much dead, I won't hold my breath since the last post was Jan 5 and now we're in august, but I'm hoping maybe someone eventually figure the problem out!!
Cheers!

--------------------
No Pity. No Mercy. No Remorse.

Quote Post
JdB
post Aug 20 2008, 00:35
Post #7

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

I assume you're using 1.14, the latest ArmA version?

What sound card do you have?

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
ninjagaijin
post Oct 31 2009, 12:28
Post #8

Member No.: 6,728

im pretty sure its just the 1.14 patch sound engine. try the 1.16 patch, otherwise go back to 1.08..

i just play 1.14 without sound sad.gif all sounds are terrible

using VIA onboard, also tried my RME hammerfall 9652, but that doesnt like games really

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:26