> Annoying Things Thread, The Armedassault.info Spiritual Care Thread
pMASTER
post Nov 11 2009, 18:25
Post #161

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

Did you realize that my entire post wasn't about Steam anymore since the No, that's not true either bit?

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 11 2009, 19:21
Post #162

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

My apologies. Although you should have specified better, if your post wasn't "just about Steam" why did you start it by saying it's "just about Steam".

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Nov 11 2009, 21:35
Post #163

Group Icon

Fair enough then. Maybe I just didn't expect suchlike reactions? tongue.gif

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 12 2009, 07:55
Post #164

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Cant we just streamline this and say things that annoy me;

Invasive DRM (SecuROM, ect...if I WANT to run Daemon Tools Lite, I bloody will thankyou!)
Activision/Blizzard and IW for their attitude to PC customers? Personally Im not going to buy it. Thats how I plan to 'moan', with my wallet.
Not Steam but STEAMWORKS and also Windows Live; forcing you to have a net connection for save games to work (Offline saves work for Windows Live mind but only for offline games and steam can be launched in offline mode, but updates are solely through live and Steamworks...) I have this on DOW2 and ETW. Annoys me a little. I like being offline for SP games.

Tropico 3, Cities XL and Borderlands await me biggrin.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 16 2009, 02:18
Post #165

Group Icon

Multiple pieces of Coursework expected in on the same day.

Surely module co-ordinators would realise every student leaves all their coursework until the last minute! ohnoo.gif

You ever tried doing a 1,000 word essay and 2 assessment sheets in a single minute? Not easy, let me tell you that.

(Heck, doing any one of them in a single minute is a helluva task. I mean, that's over 100 words a second! ohnoo.gif )

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 29 2009, 00:06
Post #166

Group Icon

Being called into work during the depths of my sunday sleep-in...

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
Benoist
post Nov 29 2009, 19:14
Post #167

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

Remembering what the heck I did last night.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Dec 1 2009, 00:04
Post #168

Group Icon

Gaydar detects gayness in your post. biggrin.gif

Just kiddin'.

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 8 2009, 00:55
Post #169

Group Icon

The following groups:

1. Vegetarians (I don't mean people who don't eat meat, but people who make a point of not eating meat, in particular PETA)
JESUS CHRIST. Have you heard their latest idea? Apparently meat farming is a major contributor to man made climate change! ohnoo.gif
Firstly, this is cows f*cking farting. If that's not natural emission, then what the f*ck is? If anything, eating meat is decreasing the amount of methane and whatnot in the atmosphere.

Oh, that brings me to my second point quite nicely.

2. Global Warming Fanatics.
I know what you're probably thinking if you're smart, and, no; Fanatics is preciously the right word. Half of the crap these people seem to believe is about as far removed from reality as the stuff those cnuts who attend military funerals with "God hates F*gs" placards. Here's the facts about emissions in Australia, a typical "Western" country (in terms of populace, which would is a more important factor in pollution than size, quotation marks because it's in the south east).

Imagine 1 kilometre of atmosphere and we want to get rid of the carbon pollution in it created by human activity. Let's go for a walk along it.
The first 770 metres are Nitrogen.
The next 210 metres are Oxygen.
That's 980 metres of the 1 kilometre. 20 metres to go.
The next 10 metres are water vapour. 10 metres left.
9 metres are argon. Just 1 more metre.
A few gases make up the first bit of that last metre.
The last 38 centimetres of the kilometre - that's carbon dioxide. A bit over one foot.
97% of that is produced by Mother Nature. It's natural.
Out of our journey of one kilometre, there are just 12 millimetres left. Just over a centimetre - about half an inch.
That's the amount of carbon dioxide that global human activity puts into the atmosphere.
And of those 12 millimetres Australia puts in ..18 [sic] of a millimetre.
Less than the thickness of a hair. Out of a kilometre!
As a hair is to a kilometre - so is Australia's contribution to what Mr. Rudd calls Carbon Pollution.

Imagine Brisbane's new Gateway Bridge, ready to be opened by Mr. Rudd. It's been polished, painted and scrubbed by an army of workers till its 1 kilometre length is surgically clean. Except that Mr. Rudd says we have a huge problem, the bridge is polluted - there's a human hair on the roadway. We'd laugh ourselves silly.

Lead scientists are being forced to resign simply for stating these facts (source). You know, just like how lead scientists were being executed for stating that maybe the earth isn't the centre of the universe. And now even the EPA are looking to classify CO2, you know, that stuff you breath out, as a "Public Danger". These are clearly the sort of people so lacking in mental capacity that they would probably think getting rid of all the CO2 is the atmosphere is a great idea.

For those of your who said "Yeah, that would be a good idea" to that last bit. Get the f*ck off these forums and learn about a little something called "photosynthesis". I think you'll find it's quite useful, because it stops the everything on the planet, you know, dying of suffocation. Though I imagine if you are one of these idiots the entire notion might be a bit too complex for you...

I had a third category of people I don't like, but they can wait for a later time. I'm too angry for it now! mad.gif
Reason for edit: [sic]

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Benoist
post Dec 8 2009, 02:59
Post #170

Group Icon

For god sake, why aren't you a world leader... yet?

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Dec 8 2009, 06:18
Post #171

Group Icon

Our current leader of the opposition is convinced, on some levels along with his backer, Senator Minchin that climate change is a gigantic leftist conspiracy to de-industrialise the world.

There are fanatics on both sides of the debate - I think Copenhagen is probably the right step as it seeks to reasonable address the issue where as the ultra-Green leftists want it to fail in the hopes the world becomes worse off forcing us to take more drastic options, whilst the right wishes it to fail as they believe it's all a conspiracy and damnit, there's money in dem dere rainforests and screw the frogs, trees, natives ect.

My solution is much simpler.
Cull some humans happy.gif

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
Toadball
post Dec 8 2009, 21:28
Post #172

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

QUOTE(Benoist @ Dec 8 2009, 01:59) *
For god sake, why aren't you a world leader... yet?

Because he has some "principles" that he will stick to for an example of how this impedes political sucess: see the liberal democrats in the UK.

on topic:
Some people shouldn't be allowed to eat within earshot of others. Very little preventing me slapping this fat cow other than the potential for annoying letters in the mail due to PETA mistaking her for a whale is that I'm trying to study! mad.gif

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 8 2009, 22:16
Post #173

Group Icon

I could just do what Tony Blair did and lie about all of them. You know, like how he was always saying "I won't increase tax". Turned out pretty well. Good thing I've got no ethics, 'eh?

Anyways, I seem to be a tad calmer now, so I'll continue:
3. People who repeatedly try to pass off "US Military Robots", "Monkey controls mechanical hand with own brain" and "Man controls computer with non-invasive EEG" as "News".
I have seen two of these in the "news" this last week last week. This is not news. Just because you don't know about it does not make it news. I was the only person in my flat last year who knew about the Soviet efforts in Afghanistan, but if the BBC had "USSR enters Afganistan" in their headlines... well... I don't really need to finish that comparison, do I?

For those who are wondering:
The "new" US Army Robots are currently on H+'s frontpage video links (seriously, these guys claim to be futurists? It might be a good start to stop living in the past...), it's that old tracked thing that looks like the original entries from "Robot Wars", you know, the one they started throwing through windows at the beginning of the Afghan occupation to see if it annoyed the Taliban. You can tell it's a pretty old video because the soldiers in are still using D-BDUPAT...

Monkey controls mechanical hand showed up somewhere this week, I can't remeber where. For those of you who don't know, this happen 9 years ago. Let me put that in perspective for you, this was when Clinton was still US president. This was back when if you said "George Bush", people would think of that stupid looking old guy with the moronic grin who used to be president and invaded Iraq... oh wait...

As for EEG vidja game controllers. This is not new. This has been around for a while now. I know it hasn't popped up on some so called "news" sites for a while, but it keeps doing it. I can't be bothered finding the details on this one because it hasn't actually appeared in this week's news. You can look it up yourself if you really want to know...

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Toadball
post Dec 14 2009, 11:53
Post #174

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

Technology.
Namely my PC and my phone
niether are doing what they should and I lack the expertise to fix them.
PC is looking to cost me between 1 and 2 thirds of what i paid for it to get it back in working order which considering my income at the moment is far from good news.

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
Rewan
post Dec 15 2009, 18:42
Post #175

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Beast of War
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Weather... And me.

It's too f*cking cold for me... where is my heat ? Heh ? Where is it ? I bet it's again because of the damn Global Hearth Warmin'
Man... no more seasons.

--------------------
This is my totaly useless signature

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Dec 17 2009, 10:39
Post #176

Group Icon

Your heat is here.

37 degrees and half the country is on fire again.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 17 2009, 14:47
Post #177

Group Icon

The so called internet "Aspies".

Before we go any further with this, I don't mean people with Asperger's Disorder. That'd be like me saying I hate white males between the ages of 19 and 24. No, I'm talking about the group of people who claim to have asperger's disorder so they can get away with acting like assholes. What's more, they seem to think they're better than everyone else because of it.

Here is my message to you people:
F*CK. YOU.
You clearly have no idea what this disorder is. You clearly think that just because you're a c*nt you can get away with it because you've self-diagnosed yourself with some condition? I have this disorder, and I have not had an easy time growing up with it. I still have problems with it occasionally. Reading wikipedia does not constitute any form of medical knowledge. Especially concerning the sensory issues related to ALL forms of autism. (Which I can't help but notice seem to have been reduced to little more than a passing mention on the aforementioned 'encyclopaedia')

You people have made a mockery of the very real problems of the families and sufferers affected by this condition for your own petty gain. In my mind that makes you even worse than people who pretend to be crippled to get money from their government. You people are the reason if anyone asks me about my condition, I just say "high functioning autism" then change the subject. I hope you all die in the most painful ways imaginable.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Dec 17 2009, 16:42
Post #178

Group Icon

Löl. Never met a living representative of this ominous species.

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Benoist
post Dec 17 2009, 20:50
Post #179

Group Icon

You have became even more insteresting my dear David.

Gosh, that sounded a bit gay.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Dec 17 2009, 21:01
Post #180

Group Icon

Annoying: people on the internet who think their right to free speech would include the obligation to exercise it. So they go and produce pages for pages of bullshit. Which will sadly remain in the depths of the internet for all eternity.

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:28