Forum Rules Forum Rules
> Stryker M2 and Mk19 - Slat armour, 3D modeller in need of expert help
ExplosiveAids
post Oct 12 2010, 17:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,381

Hi Everyone,

For the past few weeks I've been making two Stryker variants, both with Slat armour. I'm making good progress but I'm reaching the limits of my knowledge and need to ask some professionals... you guys.

I've only been modding for five weeks, although I have over eight years experience in 3D Studio. Thanks to the wealth of ArmA info available, I was able to find out exactly what I needed to get started and after two weeks I was ready to make something.

Here's what I did:
I started modifying the Strykers that came with the Sample Vehicles file (provided by Bohemia). I made a rudimentary set of Slat armour, unpacked the Wheeled.pbo and saved my file over the original and repacked it. Not very professional but it worked and I was able to test out my creation.

Here's where the problems started though:
- The wheels don't rotate or steer and the suspension doesn't work.
- The weapon system can't be moved and there's a permanently visible muzzle flash.

Is there anyone who can help? I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, or maybe even work together to get these models released as a proper addon.

I've taken a bunch of screenshots of my progress so far. I'm still working on it though, so I'll upload more once I've adjusted the following things:
- Folded the mirrors back
- Moved the headlights forward a bit (I moved them way too far back)
- Changed the colour of the Camo net.
- Moved the forward most hard antenna back slightly.
(I'm also working on making Slat armour for the TOW variant)

Anyway that's enough typing, here are some pics...

Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ExplosiveAids
post Oct 16 2010, 15:47
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,381

Update: RicoADF is awesome, it's official. In about a day and half, he'd written the config files for the Strykers and given them life. We now have a working addon.

I've uploaded the file to filefront so it should be ready to download soon (this is the first time I've used filefront so I have no idea how long it takes for a file to become available to download).

I'm about to post a thread on the Addons - Released forum with the link. Here are a few pics to whet your appetite:

Head over to the Addons - Released forum for more pics and a download link. Oh and if you like the addon, thank RicoADF for all his hard work smile.gif

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:27