IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Unsung Vietnam War Mod, Don’t just play it… Live it!
Warrior X™
post Jun 23 2008, 11:04
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 424

In other news:

We got for you two more screens to gaze upon.
Again the weaponry is still Vila´s. All rest is Unsung´s stuff.

Picture 1, high grass.

Picture 2, closeups.

Right, common people focus here and not on pics tongue.gif

The Unsung MOD has a recruitment going on currently.
Although all other fields of expertise are pretty much covered, we lack manpower in the Animators squad. We have lots of projects to do, but have shortadge on staff in that field.

Do you feel like you got the right stuff to make it in the jungle´s of South-East Asia as a Animator, then contact us on this (click here) forum thread. Present us a piece of your work. You must be skilled already as we do not have the time to teach people!

Cheers,

Warrior X {The Unsung}

--------------------
In the end it was no longer important who was right or who was wrong. It was the fact who shot to kill first. Who spotted the other one first out there in the boonies and who was faster on the trigger. You didn't kill because you hated the enemy, you killed so you and your buddies next to you would survive....

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Jun 23 2008, 17:17
Post #22

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

thanks for informing us Warrior X™ smile.gif News posted !

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Jun 23 2008, 23:58
Post #23

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

animator for characters? or for objects?
both?

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Jun 24 2008, 09:36
Post #24

QUOTE(Linker Split @ Jun 24 2008, 00:58) *
animator for characters? or for objects?
both?

Well so far for characters, but we will probably need them for both.

--------------------
In the end it was no longer important who was right or who was wrong. It was the fact who shot to kill first. Who spotted the other one first out there in the boonies and who was faster on the trigger. You didn't kill because you hated the enemy, you killed so you and your buddies next to you would survive....

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Nov 18 2008, 10:38
Post #25

naughty.gif

Some new released pics of the mod's current WIP can be found in our BIS forum thread (click here)

w00t.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Nov 28 2008, 14:46
Post #26

Woops we forgot one pic.

Blame one of our guys with a good performance machine lol He had a vid card crash and had to fix it. Now he's back hehe.

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Dec 6 2008, 11:26
Post #27

Group Icon

yo guys, are you making also hard for NLF and NVA to see through that foliage?

--------------------

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Dec 7 2008, 04:42
Post #28

QUOTE(Linker Split @ Dec 6 2008, 11:26) *
yo guys, are you making also hard for NLF and NVA to see through that foliage?

Yes we are. Wouldn't be nice getting seen at 200 and then get shot without knowing where they shooting from weapons_owned.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Dec 15 2008, 23:09
Post #29

smile.gif

Special forces insertion.

NVA troops in an ambush position.

Special forces checking a village.

Special forces lay low in the jungle.

Vietcong troops preparing an attack.

Vietcong troops slowly on the move.

dance.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Dec 16 2008, 02:58
Post #30

Member No.: 282

Nice screenies X!

dance.gif

--------------------

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... Victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Quote Post
Gaz
post Dec 30 2008, 17:21
Post #31

Member No.: 4,489

Any news on a release ? I'm just itching to kill me some gooks biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Dec 31 2008, 11:09
Post #32

Yeah, busy with bug killing and mission editing. We need some more time yet. Can't give the public a fully bugged no mission MOD now can we. Malajn.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Polish GI
post Jan 1 2009, 02:20
Post #33

Member No.: 282

QUOTE(Hornster @ Dec 30 2008, 09:21) *
Any news on a release ? I'm just itching to kill me some gooks biggrin.gif

As X eluded to... Internal release this week to catch any bugs so you guys dont find them...

And the mission/campaign boys are going as fast as they can while making sure the quality is present. But as you can see, we are near the end of the creation cycle... And the release is coming up! But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we are still not committing to a date yet...

Just keep in mind, we are as anxious to release it as you guys are to receive it. It's just that we want to catch as many things before it is released so you guys dont have to worry about them (errors).

Cheers

--------------------

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... Victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Jan 2 2009, 22:31
Post #34

Just some proof of MP testing tongue.gif

MP mission test

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
cj525
post Jan 3 2009, 22:21
Post #35

Member No.: 4,819

There will be a smaller island included with R1, it is cut from R1 around a CIDG base in the Kham Duc region ph34r.gif . We decided to add a smaller island to help out guys with older spec'd comps. This island is complete and ready to go, so it wont delay the R1 release further.

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Jan 4 2009, 12:16
Post #36

Group Icon

cj525 can you post some pics? smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Jan 5 2009, 16:12
Post #37

QUOTE(Linker Split @ Jan 4 2009, 12:16) *
cj525 can you post some pics? smile.gif

Will try to post some pics of that one soon. The island is in our next internal beta boppin2.gif
So ya know gotta make some nice pics on it, some ordinary shots of a couple o' tree's and grass don't cut it Malajn.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
cj525
post Jan 20 2009, 20:46
Post #38

Member No.: 4,819

QUOTE(Warrior X™ @ Jan 5 2009, 16:12) *
Will try to post some pics of that one soon. The island is in our next internal beta boppin2.gif
So ya know gotta make some nice pics on it, some ordinary shots of a couple o' tree's and grass don't cut it Malajn.gif

@ Linker, Well the smaller island has all the variations of veg that are currently in the big island. To be more specific it is centered roughly around the CIDG FOB Ngok Tavak, where the old French base was. It varies from open grassy plaines interspersed with palm and single canopy areas...to dense jungle.

--------------------

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Feb 6 2009, 23:37
Post #39

Well okay small update/show of stuff.

As we are aware that not everybody has a good machine, we made the large island in another smaller version. It concentrates on just the SW part of the Kham Duc main island. The smaller island is called Ngok Tavak. So i recorded a small firefight out there in the jungle. I had a FPS count of around 24 while having 5 squads stealth fighting around me and viewdistance at 600. Why 600 you ask? Well i f#### only can see around 150 in front of me so why the hell have it at 1000 or more. biggrin.gif

Anyways here's the Youtube vid:

click here

Now let us work in peace a little so we can finish this thing. We busy. dance.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 8 2009, 12:45
Post #40

Member No.: 476

Hi, more mature language for the shouts at Charlie will fit better (i think) into the "atmosphere" of those times, also may be pimp to call the things as they
did back in the jungle; the AK47 mags bananas... the M60 the pig... etc, to put the players into the place; also, may be good if you reduce the recoil of the
XM177E1, which isn't as much as shown in the video. Also force the charlies to don't go crawl all the time like the rats that they're, like the BIS ArmA
infantry which have the silly tendence of go crawl all the time even when they enter in houses. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:08