Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A-10 HUD ?, There appears to be a 2nd Hud layer not visible normally
Fortran
post Jan 9 2009, 18:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,870

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I wanted to try find a solution for this. I just noticed this when peering extremely hard at the screen during a simulated CAS run...I always thought the HUD for the A-10 looked a bit "empty"...took a screenie and changed the levels in PS and I see there is a fully functional HUD lost in the opacity

ORIGINAL

ALTERED

Is there any way to get those HUD elements to have less opacity so I can actually see them normally ? They are very useful to a pilot and although not essential to play ARMA they would be useful. The HUD for the harrier etc look fine, just seems to be the A-10

Not modded for ARMA before but have had quite a long history of modding in general. Found the actual HUD file in Addons/A10.pbo/Data/a10_hud1024_ca.paa opened it up and it is the correct file, however the opacity in the alpha channel is set to full (white) so it appears the opacity of this HUD element is being controlled by a? I think it is somewhere in the config.bin for the A-10 maybe. Have converted it to cpp and have found a couple of alpha entries, although changing them doesn't seem to effect the part of the HUD im attempting to change. Have managed to change the colour of the text on the HUD to white, but still can't see the additional elements.

Also I wanted to ask if I do manage to alter this, will I be able to play online without getting kicked ? I don't fully understand the whole precedure of getting your addon "signed". Or would this just be client-side and not require a signed file for it?

Quote Post
Fortran
post Jan 10 2009, 06:22
Post #2

BIG EDIT
Ok so as I own the European version of the game I didn't get the chance to play the added A-10 mission that comes with Combat Ops. So after some searching I found it over at armaholic: Mission 14 Devils Cross http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1496. Loaded up that mission, powered up the A-10 ....and the Hud is working!!!!

So the question is, what is in that mission that enables that part of the HUD ? I tested the A-10 again in the editor to check I wasn't going crazy, and no it doesnt work there but it does in that one mission. Could it be some extra script executed on the vehicle in that mission? I don't really have enough knowledge of mission creating to be able to open it and take a look. But if anybody knows how, I think the answer is in that mission file somewhere.

EDIT2: Ok well a little closer but still confused lol. I managed to extract that mission pbo and got the mission opened up in the editor. Now, I can use "clear" and clear the whole map, place a new player (pilot) and a new A-10 (empty) and the HUD still works when I power up the jet. This leads me to believe that its getting executed by script from one of the other extracted files in that folder.

Quote Post
DaKa
post Jan 10 2009, 12:26
Post #3

Member No.: 3,397

Hey man, can you send the mission to me? I've problems with the ArmAholic link (due to personal and connection issues).

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Jan 10 2009, 14:56
Post #4

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

I'm not a script expert but you could have a look into the init.sqs file in the mission folder.

--------------------

Quote Post
Fortran
post Jan 10 2009, 15:32
Post #5

Thanks very much guys. Although its not a solution, it is an answer as to how to get the HUD working on the A-10 and was provided by Wolfrung over at ofpec forums:

I've tested this, and my conclusions are: at the default time of the year (in the editor), the HUD is only visible clearly at about 6 AM and earlier. Try it yourself : set the time to 6:30 (almost no HUD) and then to 6:00 (HUD clearly visible). During the night the HUD is lit up like...fireworks! I'm guessing the A-10 mission is simply set at a time/date that allows for the HUD to be visible.

So I'd say it's not the HUD disappears, it's just that it's not visible in daylight :no:

Wolfrug out.

Will try take this further to fix the A-10 hud so it is visible during the day-time also.

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Jan 13 2009, 16:11
Post #6

Member No.: 1,007

Mission 14 Devils Cross i love the mission am just re doing it with some addons like ch m1 abrams pack and his T72.s i may add the F18 aswell lol and plzz do fix the A-10 hud so it is visible all the times

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:51