Reply to this topicStart new topic
> basic questions about voice and lock-on
-GM-
post Feb 17 2009, 12:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,936

hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could tell me:

1) Is there a way to set voice over web to constantly transmit instead of having to use a key? I sometimes play in a 2 player server with my brother and at the mo we use other chat clients but they tend to slow down in performance and I wondered if the in game chat would be any better

2) Ive seen lots of options in the controls about locking on when in a plane or heli. Does this actually work, is it as simple as press the lock button, press the next target button until the thing you want to go boom is selected, and then just fire your missile? This is one thing I really want to get working as at the moment I can't hit specific targets when Im flying fast over them

Cheers guys smile.gif

Quote Post
Altee
post Feb 17 2009, 19:58
Post #2

Member No.: 2,833

QUOTE(-GM- @ Feb 17 2009, 12:51) *
2) Ive seen lots of options in the controls about locking on when in a plane or heli. Does this actually work, is it as simple as press the lock button, press the next target button until the thing you want to go boom is selected, and then just fire your missile? This is one thing I really want to get working as at the moment I can't hit specific targets when Im flying fast over them

Hi,

yes it is that simple, for armoured or aircraft targets.
You must have a 'lockable' weapon selected (Maverick,hellfire, AA missile etc), for fixed wing you must have the target within a reasonable angle off the aircrafts nose (ie pointing at it), choppers are less aspect specific.
If packing GBU, some armoured targets will require a guy on ground with laser designator to acquire them.

If you are having problems hitting targets when you are over them, you may be locking and releasing too late (for fixed wing anyway) and beyond the possible physical ability of the ordinance to get to the target -even Mavericks can only make limited adjustments to original flight direction -they can't do U turns!

Hope this helps

Quote Post
-GM-
post Feb 18 2009, 11:09
Post #3

QUOTE(Altee @ Feb 17 2009, 18:58) *
Hi,

yes it is that simple, for armoured or aircraft targets.
You must have a 'lockable' weapon selected (Maverick,hellfire, AA missile etc), for fixed wing you must have the target within a reasonable angle off the aircrafts nose (ie pointing at it), choppers are less aspect specific.
If packing GBU, some armoured targets will require a guy on ground with laser designator to acquire them.

If you are having problems hitting targets when you are over them, you may be locking and releasing too late (for fixed wing anyway) and beyond the possible physical ability of the ordinance to get to the target -even Mavericks can only make limited adjustments to original flight direction -they can't do U turns!

Hope this helps

Altee thats a great help thanks, i didnt realise you had to be near enough dead on with the nose in the first place. As much of a struggle as I'll no doubt find that, I'll bind the lock and next target buttons to my joystick and begin practising!

Quote Post
-GM-
post Feb 23 2009, 13:29
Post #4

QUOTE(-GM- @ Feb 18 2009, 10:09) *
Altee thats a great help thanks, i didnt realise you had to be near enough dead on with the nose in the first place. As much of a struggle as I'll no doubt find that, I'll bind the lock and next target buttons to my joystick and begin practising!

i have officially given up trying to get this to work... I'm just going to have to scatter missiles all over the place to kill targets...

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:18