Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More realistic damage
GIJOE94
post Nov 30 2008, 22:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 767

Is there any mods available for ofp which enables better damage, such as Instead of the person being blown up and simply being thrown into the air and landing entact, the person is destroyed scattering bits of him over the area etc..
It would make OFP so much more realistic!

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Nov 30 2008, 22:14
Post #2

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

Ragdoll isn't really an option with OFP or even ArmA. Neph' did some stuff with scripted dismemberment but it was nowhere near perfect.
I'm sorry it's not possible to see stuff like that in OFP.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Nov 30 2008, 22:18
Post #3

Member No.: 767

Ok, thanks anyway

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
LT. Drake Jackson
post Aug 11 2009, 00:05
Post #4

Member No.: 5,875

Yes!!! there is it!!! thumbsup.gif
A tank shoots a trooper and what happens? bang! no body left than scattered pieces and bloodshed!!! long live hell __furious.gif

blink.gif sweatingbullets.gif

ups... I think i have gone crazy lol...
well, getting back to reallity, here is the link friend: The link to Filefront file.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Aug 11 2009, 01:50
Post #5

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(Helping Hand @ Nov 30 2008, 22:14) *
Ragdoll isn't really an option with OFP or even ArmA. Neph' did some stuff with scripted dismemberment but it was nowhere near perfect.
I'm sorry it's not possible to see stuff like that in OFP.

Erm, yes it is.
Just because Nephelim could get it working doesn't mean it isn't possible. She's somewhat notorious for posting wips of awesome stuff then never releasing it tongue.gif

It's extremely possible. It's just barely implemented because it requires replacing every model. (Using a clear woundtexture, which doesn't work with the default models because they have no insides! ohnoo.gif ). Had a fully working prototype lined up for HP3, just didn't implement it for the aforementioned reason (well... it's a tad more complex than that, because of the scripting and such, to make sure you don't have guys walking around without heads!). "Gibbing" is even easier and has been implemented in a number of mods. (Such as Y2K3, as Drake correctly points out)

Embrace the madness! It's fun.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Nik
post Sep 4 2009, 14:28
Post #6

Member No.: 59

Many years ago a russian addon maker called Vitja3000 created a little known effects pack which through scripting allowed units to be blown up into tiny pieces by explosions and also had exploding planes, tanks, cars, etc.. I doubt there are still any working links though Im certain I have it on a hard drive somewhere i'll have a look around. I've found it, heres a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dynnjyym22z

Make sure you read the instructions, they are in russian though you can pick out the bits you need to put in the editor to get it to work. The effects look a little bit cartoony in places but generally they are quite nice

Quote Post
LT. Drake Jackson
post Sep 4 2009, 18:04
Post #7

Member No.: 5,875

I would be pleased if someone could make instructions in english...

Ah! yes by the way!

ECP mod 1.085

Oh yes... this one have many good things to get mad a bit...
1) Can burn people (I think there is a molotov here, its really well made).
2) Hear your gear touch and bounce on your body as you walk/run.
3) Once a vehicle explodes (With the same horrible deformation effect) a new crater is formed, you can take cover there! As long as the vehicle is not on fire, otherwise, consider yourself burned...
4) Chatting! now depending in with situation you are, the soldiers will sit down, talk, make jokes and more when relaxed, if they are in battle they will shout things like "Take cover!" or "Watch out!"
5) The chating is in English and russian.

And well at least you can find the GRAA mod 3.0 with gives better AI experience and really good playing! the vehicles when explode dont deform themselves, new 3rd person Camera view (this one is really suitable when on foot!) and my favourite!!! Crouch walk... When the player is in crouch pos, he can run crouched for better cover!

ECP mod weights: 130 MB
GRAA 3.0 weights: between 50 and 90 MB

Hope you guys find it interesting!

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 13:30