IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CheyenneAH56's new planes addons - Bugs report, Airbus MPA, Bronco, Mohawk Bugs report
CheyenneAH56
post Feb 10 2009, 23:02
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 750

Ok, this post is to report all the bugs you've saw with my addons (Airbus A319 MPA & A320 MPA, OV-10 Bronco, and OV-1 Mohawk)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's go ! sweatingbullets.gif

Thanks

--------------------
Flying is as Ikar my only eternal dream...!!!

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 11 2009, 02:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 476

Hi this are the bugs that i've found until now in a quick inspection:

The UV Map is too strong, so it shows/creates weird white lights all over the plane's fuselage, also don't allows most of the
times to see the plane's markings.

It's very noticeable that the OV-10D models and the A and C models, don't have side glasses on the cockpit.

The Cockpit instruments have very poor quality, no HUD, something like out of place (marked in red)
and the UV Mapping it's too strong in the cockpit glass, by night with NVGs, you can't notice where the
land's orizont is, much less if you turn On the lights; that's a really nice detail that the focus be only
shown/used when you've the gear wheels down.

The way that the Bronco's raise the side wheels it's wrong (a thing with the animation) and also you can
see through the wheels bed (the place where they're putted in) if you walk under the plane.

The destroyed model shows the damage textures over the cockpit glass but not in the cockpit instruments or the
seats, that still intact. I've been unable of reproduce the bug where when the OV-10D (USMC) crashes, the model
dissapears from the sight unless that you zoom In a bit (beeing +7m far away from the crashed aircraft), it was on
the Opteryx Afgani Village map v0.6, Date: 07 Jul 2003. Time 18:00. But at the same date and hour it didn't shown
up on Sahrani.

I've also noticed that the OV-10D USMC looses speed too fast when turning or climbing; it's impossible to make a looping
or an inverted imelmann with this aircraft while i was able of make the looping (not the inverted imelmann...) with the OV-1D
Mohawk, which i find really really weird. All what i can say... is that i love the OV-10's and the OV-1's, they're very well done models
and have great normal maps (unless in the cockpit), they just need a pair of touches. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 11 2009, 02:28
Post #3

Hi, i'll also must say that i'll preffer the OV-10D from the USMC in the same scheme than the AH-1Z like this one:
USMC OV-10D Bronco.
Also will be pimp if you could make the front cockpit glass green as this Bronco shows on this photo:
USMC OV-10D Bronco's Front Glass.
Different paint schemes also will be pimp, like for example 90's Euro Camo (grey, green and black) and may be a RACS
version too... or a Desert Camo version, like this one:
USMC OV-10D Bronco (Desert Scheme).
Notice the chaff/flare launchers on the tail arms; you could make different schemes and identifying each plane by it's serial
number in the Display Name and call 'em ov10d_bronco_usmc, ov10d_bronco_usmc_01, ov10d_bronco_usmc_02 etc...
but all this is just an idea. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
Mast
post Feb 11 2009, 08:45
Post #4

Member No.: 4,877

I like what wipman says about adding the USMC OV-10D. The USMC were the last US service to use the OV-10 Bronco. They were finally phased out in 1995. If you could add that USMC skin...that would be awesome.

Mast

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 11 2009, 10:01
Post #5

Hi, this is a small photo of the pilot's instruments pannel of the OV-10D Bronco:

I've been unable of find better pictures, sorry. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 11 2009, 18:01
Post #6

Hi, i've seen that in between the tail arms, in the upper side, there're a pair of zones where a weird shadow it's show; here:

Seems that any Bronco or Mohawk, don't show the destroyed textures before touch the ground and reach Zero speed:

Also seems that don't uses the ArmA Effects (v1.92), as you can see in the fire there.

What has amazed me, are the Bronco's flares; they lag like hell (-15 FPS or so) but they look great:

It's sad that they don't emit any light when the Broncos use 'em by night or in the late noon; but they're really pimp:

Very nice detail. Let's C ya

@Edit: Any of the Broncos and Mohawks don't use the 6Th Sense Tracers, in fact... they just don't show any tracer round.

This post has been edited by wipman: Feb 11 2009, 22:24

--------------------

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 11 2009, 18:11
Post #7

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

They're quite nice except some of the minor bugs that have already been noted.

The markings on the German planes are kinda weird, but that's not too important.
Just a short insight into the actual German navy's markings and colour schemes (here a Tornado, but it would be the same for any rotary or fixed wing aircraft) :

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 13 2009, 00:10
Post #8

Hi, i've found some Bronco's refference photos, booth from the cockpit as from the outside, here they're:

OV-10A Bronco (Refference Pics).

There they also have some interesting photos of the OV-10B that the germens used to drop commands; here they're:

OV-10B Bronco (Refference Pics).

It's sad that be so hard to find refference pics of this great recon aircraft; once that you've ironed some of the bugs that you think that are more important,
will be very usefull if you could sign the addons (The Broncos and Mohawks mainly) and give us your public BIkey with 'em. But that once that you've
cleaned enough bugs on this aircraft, if you want; they're your addons. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 13 2009, 01:15
Post #9

Hi, some more bugs for you... in the Editor, when you open up the empty objects list, at the begining you get this:

Eight empty spaces before those two last wrecks of those fat planes; i think that may be a thing of the Display Names,
that are not in english or whatever in the string cable file.

Those two visible wrecks of those fat birds are not solid, you can walk thru most of the wreck unless by a kind of plate
that divides the cockpit with the cargo space.

Some of those eight empty names in the Editor don't show anything once in the Editor (previewing) but other show this:

And as i've said, the flares don't enlight anything by night and lag alot , with only one unit (Jonn's v1.6 Marksman) two
OV-10's D USMC, and 6 BIS Strela Launchers (SLA). And this is how pimp the flares look even without glow.

And well... that's all my report for today. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
Manzilla
post Feb 13 2009, 05:18
Post #10

Member No.: 5,103

I just DL'd the planes and thus far I like what I see. Thanks it's nice to have some unique equipment.

Wow wipman those are some badass pics. That flares pic rocks. About the blank spots and the squares, I don't think it has to do with these. I always thought it was something to do with ACE Mod. I noticed that for the first time when I started using ACE the day it was released. I've never mentioned it before because I wasn't quite sure if it had anything to do with ACE or something else and I just never noticed it before. I just assumed it was that Mod. Are using that as well? If not, we should probably try to figure it out.

About the ArmAEffects not working, I haven't checked that yet but just off the top of my head I'm wondering if the flares script or another part of these planes is conflicting with XEH. I know that would do it, I just haven't checked inside these .pbo's yet to see if they use the proper EH's to be compatible with ArmAEffects.

EDIT:

Yup, I just checked the config and I believe it's a lack of XEH compatibility that is causing AE not to work. It's pretty simple fix, hopefully CheyenneAH56 will change this in the next version. It would only take a minute or so to fix, at first glance at least. But it's mighty important in my opinion. I'm a huge fan of cross-AddOns/Mod compatibility.

This post has been edited by Manzilla: Feb 13 2009, 05:28

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 13 2009, 10:06
Post #11

Hi, no Manzilla, i don't use the ACE mod, i installed the 1St beta release and it dissapointed me very much,
so i uninstalled it after a couple of hours of try the content and way of work in the QG campaign and also
just in the Editor, those empty display names wasn't there before with the actual sume of addons in mod
folders that i use; so i belive that's something with the planes, almost sure that's a thing with the Mohawks
and Broncos. The downed, damaged or crashed models, after open the ov10.pbo and check the textures
inside... i constated two things, There're textures for A) show progresive damage on the planes or... B)
add downed/damaged or crashed models to the Editor.
I also checked that i can't do nothing to do a two (grey) tones USMC Bronco or an Euro Camo version. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
Manzilla
post Feb 13 2009, 15:42
Post #12

Very strange indeed. I get those with out the use of any of these planes. I wonder if it's something to do with v1.15 beta.

Anyway, I got this working with ArmAEffects and it looks real good together. CheyenneAH56 if you want me to show what I did to get these XEH compatible just let me know. It was a simple tweak that took only a matter of minutes.

EDIT:

It's not ACE or the beta that's causing mine either. I just tried them with out anything else. On my end it's got to be something else that I'm using other then these planes cause it happens with out them. These must do them as well but it isn't happening to me cause it's already occurring. Damn I hate going through a ton of AddOns to find the culprit.

This post has been edited by Manzilla: Feb 13 2009, 15:50

Quote Post
wipman
post Feb 13 2009, 17:53
Post #13

Hi, i've deleted the fat planes and yeah, those empty names still there; as "weird things" that i've installed, i've:

- Sarmat Objects/Buildings pack.
- Mapfact Editor Ugrade.
- I0n0s RTE V4.
- Opteryx Objects (with the islands).

THose are the only things that i use with that mod folder and that i don't know if have some thing a bit released arround there,
the rest are only units, some weapons packs and some stand alone gun; and by the way, im running the ArmA v1.14, i don't gonna
install any Beta nothing and for what i've heard on the few "fixed bugs" and even fewer new additions/features... im better with the
v1.14 than with the v1.15b . I don't know what can be causing that thing but certainly may be any of the addons, i really don't know. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
Manzilla
post Feb 13 2009, 18:19
Post #14

Glad to hear it's not the planes. I use all those as well but RTE hasn't been active in a while, so that narrows it done to 3. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking it may be the Sarmat stuff but I'll have to check.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be those either. If it ain't those or the planes, I'm not sure what is doing it.

This post has been edited by Manzilla: Feb 13 2009, 18:33

Quote Post
Rewan
post Feb 15 2009, 15:43
Post #15

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Beast of War
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 12

Editor Upgrade I guess ^^

--------------------
This is my totaly useless signature

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
_BARNS_
post Mar 11 2009, 11:03
Post #16

Member No.: 5,311

Hey,

i noticed something strange during a low level attack with a Mohawk on a Shilka, the plane almost stopps right in the air after beeing hit and if i dropp the bombs the plane gets bumped a bit, after that the bomb is faster than the plane ... if i do a dive bombing everthing is normal.

I use the 6thSense ACE mod v. 1.80

This post has been edited by _BARNS_: Mar 11 2009, 11:22

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:12