IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which is he maximum size of maps allowed by ArmA?
catito14
post Oct 6 2008, 11:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 950

Hello,
I want to know about what size must be the Sat_lco, the Mask_lco, the configuration in the Visitor3 and the area done in Wilbur (or in another terrain editor) in order that the map occupies the maximum of size allowed by the ArmA (or the size of Saharani)??

I was looking for information about this topic but i not found, so I ask to the moderators that if this message goes in another topic that they it change please.

Regards

--------------------

Quote Post
Von_Manstein40
post Dec 16 2008, 00:53
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,692

i dont know, but test it yourself, if now one now... test it...

good luck,

i hope the game make no limitation on the map size.

1000 Square Killometer would be nice but, youll need a high ,mmh no, a Very high end computer and Graph Card

VM40

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 16 2008, 01:58
Post #3

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

Not quite sure since I've never done island editing, however the BIS Wiki mentions: "Settings for Sahrani are 2048x2048 cells, 10 m/cell size, terrain size 20480^2 square meters." The limit must be to the ^2 (power of 2 = 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 etc), I suspect it is 4096^2 or (maybe, but unlikely) 8192^2.

I had a quick look through the island editing parts of the Wiki, but I didn't find it.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Dec 16 2008, 09:49
Post #4

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

Have look at Rip31st's Normandy Map, of course, the cells are a bit large :"The terrain texture grid is 150 meters in order to generate such a large map" but the map is incredibly huge , many, many times Sahrani size. Normandy peninsula size is 9 times Saharani Map and this map extends from London to Paris and more.
But of course, cells are large and small terrain accidents are not rendered.

If you open Visitor3 and choose "New" option, you can get a "size calculator", opening it with Normandy map parameters gives :
- Terrain grid size = 2048x2048
- Terrain cell size (meters) = 150
- Terrain size (meters) = 307200.0 x 307200.0

It's a rather insane dimension for a map ! cool.gif
On Sahrani, the cell size is 10 meters, that's why we can get nice various features. On a "larger cell" built map you have to add special features as distinct objects, as Rip31st is doing with "Pointe du Hoc".

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:37