IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should our site write a frontpagenews about every Mission/Campaign released ?, Please vote !
Should our site write a frontpagenews about every Mission/Campaign released ?
Should our site write a single frontpagenews about every Mission/Campaign released ?
Yes, please write a news about every Mission/Campaign release [ 46 ] ** [22.66%]
No, please only concentrate on WIP, Releases etc. [ 30 ] ** [14.78%]
Create a sub-section with news for Missions/Campaign [ 58 ] ** [28.57%]
Create a weekly published Mission report showing all new releases in one news. [ 61 ] ** [30.05%]
I have a better idea (Post it in the Forums) [ 7 ] ** [3.45%]
Total Votes: 203
Guests cannot vote 
Deadeye
post Aug 2 2009, 13:05
Post #1

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

Should our site write a frontpagenews about every Mission/Campaign released ?

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Aug 2 2009, 14:10
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Yes. Missions are usually a lot more useful than addons for a good number of players.

A weekly report could work. But it'd mean someone would have to sit down at the end of the week and play through all the missions, which, in my experience, wouldn't be ideal. (Especially with some larger missions taking several hours to complete)

Basing all that on my experiences with DooMworlds "newstuff" reviews however. I assume it translates somewhat though.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Aug 2 2009, 19:12
Post #3

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Aug 2 2009, 15:10) *
Yes. Missions are usually a lot more useful than addons for a good number of players.

A weekly report could work. But it'd mean someone would have to sit down at the end of the week and play through all the missions, which, in my experience, wouldn't be ideal. (Especially with some larger missions taking several hours to complete)

Basing all that on my experiences with DooMworlds "newstuff" reviews however. I assume it translates somewhat though.

play through the missions....without new staff, or ppl willing to do so...this would be an overkill for us. We can't even get the normal news to flow steadily (I'm not planning/willing to keep on posting news all day when some other staffmembers are back from vacation)

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Aug 2 2009, 21:47
Post #4

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

A weekly post with just the announcements of the release of the missions/campaigns would do. Reviewing missions/campaigns takes a lot of time that can be spent better.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 14:26