Closed TopicStart new topic
> ArmA Vs. VBS2, not a comparison
JdB
post Aug 7 2007, 23:25
Post #41

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

Since Seventh is their teamleader, and he used to work for OFPN along with BIS people that also worked on VBS1 (and 2?) like Sith and DnA + Placebo in that same team, there seems to be alot more connection than most people assume.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Aug 8 2007, 01:42
Post #42

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

do you ppl know who really is DnA????

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post
JdB
post Aug 8 2007, 16:30
Post #43

Hipster addonmaker

Name: Joris-Jan van 't Land
Nickname: D'n'A
Nationality: Dutch

--------------------

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Aug 8 2007, 18:20
Post #44

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,007

been looking at this post and i to have VBS1 and it is a lot better than OFP so i think that VBS2 will allso be a lot better than ArmA but have a look at it just to see wot we will not get in ArmA and how much it will cost you if you do think of geting VBS2

http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/store/

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
mrjfin
post Aug 8 2007, 22:20
Post #45

Member No.: 984

The worst scenario is if BIS isnt works ArmA so great that they could for purpose. I mean if they have many features already done and let those features to in VBS2 instead of Arma.
I dont like this style that BIS will not yet release tools to ArmA coz they wanna make money by expansion whit them own models so community cant reach them now. This tools are ready to VBS2 so they will treat us like second class users. Why BIS cant just say goodbye to BIA and will not share anything them own whit BIA even they got some money from it. VBS-VBS2 hasnt given anything new to ArmA or OFP only stolen the best things. BIS have absolutely made many mistake after year 2002. First they began the conversation OFP to Xbox what rly wasted time from developing new games to PC. They drop off whit Codemaster was good move because now they will get absolutely more bigger incomes from every sold games. In OFP codemaster took some 80 % of money and gave only some 20 % to BIS when now those new publishers like Atari got only some 30% of the money from every sold games. CM business didnt allowed much money to Game 2 developing. But Codemaster forced BIS make better more bugless and working games so we lost the guarantee of flawfree products. BIS isnt making great deal of marketing this games either and they have unsuccesfully in their strategies to offer the most authentive wargames realism without any flaws.

--------------------
One cheering guy trying to get popularity to ArmA and playing with ur wonderful missions and addons

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Aug 8 2007, 23:07
Post #46

Member No.: 1,007

if you go back to 2002 when OFP came out it wos just like ArmA no tools most of the tools that did come out where from us the user who made tham and not BIS take a look at the addon packs that BIS made for OFP did we get any thing new no not a lot ya got more missions and we got the AH64 and a SU25 and one or two things aswell but did we get any thing als no not from tham but we did off the addon makers new tanks jets guns to me it is us lot that made OFP wot it is to day and i can see us lot doing the same with ArmA wot i think we need to focus on is the Campaign i think we need to remake it with some of the new addons that been made how many would like to play on the RACs or the SLA id love it if i can play the Campaign on the SLA side and @ carver yes we do need stuff like UAV's, arty, rapier missle defences/AAA, torpedos/Anti shipping, field communications etc we need stuff like that well thats my 2p

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Aug 8 2007, 23:30
Post #47

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

QUOTE(mrjfin @ Aug 8 2007, 23:20) *
The worst scenario is if BIS isnt works ArmA so great that they could for purpose. I mean if they have many features already done and let those features to in VBS2 instead of Arma.
I dont like this style that BIS will not yet release tools to ArmA coz they wanna make money by expansion whit them own models so community cant reach them now. This tools are ready to VBS2 so they will treat us like second class users.

Well, you are right, but VBS2 is for the US Army (and others), not civilians like us... that's why...

QUOTE(UKGBlazero @ Aug 9 2007, 00:07) *
if you go back to 2002 when OFP came out it wos just like ArmA no tools most of the tools that did come out where from us the user who made tham and not BIS take a look at the addon packs that BIS made for OFP did we get any thing new no not a lot ya got more missions and we got the AH64 and a SU25 and one or two things aswell but did we get any thing als no not from tham but we did off the addon makers new tanks jets guns to me it is us lot that made OFP wot it is to day and i can see us lot doing the same with ArmA wot i think we need to focus on is the Campaign i think we need to remake it with some of the new addons that been made how many would like to play on the RACs or the SLA id love it if i can play the Campaign on the SLA side and @ carver yes we do need stuff like UAV's, arty, rapier missle defences/AAA, torpedos/Anti shipping, field communications etc we need stuff like that well thats my 2p

yeah you are right, BIS made the basic game, the community and addon makers like us had the job to imporoving it.
OPnly that if you play VBS1 with modules, it's completely a new game.

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 22 2007, 23:51
Post #48

Hipster addonmaker

I'm locking this thread, as VBS is outside of the scope of this site, and forums.

--------------------

Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:43