IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Armedassault.info forum rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ouch, shot again., Is it me or my setup?
Richards
post Sep 24 2013, 20:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,311

Running a 4 core AMD Phenom ll X4 965 OC to 3.7, 8 GB of RAM and a ATI HD 5770. Monitor is a 27" Samsung P2770 at 1920x1080. SP frame rate averages 30 fps. My problem is I never see the bad guys but they can always see me. Even in recruit mode with the targets marked in red, I see nothing to shoot at or targets are so small (4 or 8 pixels) that I'd guess I'd have a 1 in a 100 chance of hitting them and that's without drop or windage. Yet as far as I can tell they can return fire and get me in one or two tries. I would guess these AI are 400 to 500 yards out with iron sights. Stranger yet my squad AI can stand upright in the middle of the road and survive while I get shot lying prone behind a rock. Here are some of my guesses. I don't move around as much as my AI buddies because my reflexes are slow so I make a better target, I'm lacking something in the contrast department (ArmA has always been pretty much brown on green), my video card is too slow (I've given up even trying to hit a moving target), something in my game settings is way off and finally ArmA doesn't like me. As you can imagine this is very discouraging and I have to question spending $200.00 on a better video card if it's not going to solve the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 24 2013, 22:38
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

I'd kill for 30fps! tongue.gif

Moving around is key in these kinds of firefights. It might be difficult to spot you if you're prone behind some bushes, but a muzzle flash or smoke will give your position away immediately. Fire a few shots, then move to a different piece of cover. Don't worry about reflexes, it doesn't matter how sharp you are, you'll never be able to dodge a bullet. Always assume that once you've fired your weapon the enemy know exactly where you are.

If you're having difficulty figuring out exactly where the enemy is, look where your squad is firing, autoriflemen and team leaders almost always have tracers to help you with this. Don't be afraid to fire in short bursts, to maximise your chances of scoring a hit.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 14:07