Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wrong custom face tex placement
Twan
post Jul 1 2010, 18:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,882

Hello, this is my first post in this forum.

I downloaded a face pack with the faces used in ArmA converted to .jpg form, and tried to make a custom face with MS Paint. The 1024 x 1024 file was hopelessly big, so I used 512 x 512. When I resized it, however, all I could really see on Paint was the front, sides and rear of the head/face, and the ears. I saw the toes, but the rest of the leg and the arms were all missing, and I believe that there was no way to scroll the image.

So I tried just writing on the face, and the filesize was good. But when I saw it ingame, the textures were all messed up, like the hair was were the face should have been, and the color scheme that I drew on the front of the face (at least it was the front of the face in MS PAint), was in the back of his head and misaligned.

Could anybody help me to fix this problem?

I intent to paint my face, head, arms, legs and hands.

EDIT: I should probably also let you know that when I was using 1024 x 1024 resolution, the textures matched up just fine, and it looked fine in single player (but it was too big for multi player). Only in 512 x 512 resolution have I had trouble so far, but I have only tried the two resolutions.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

This post has been edited by Twan: Jul 1 2010, 19:09

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 2 2010, 11:06
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

My guess is that rather than scaling the texture when you resize it, you've just cropped it. I don't use photoshop, so I'm not sure what the correct method for resizing images is...

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Twan
post Jul 2 2010, 12:11
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,882

That was probably it, I downloaded gimp and now resizing works fine.

Thanks!

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 15:18