Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey posting from Wetern Canada new to ArmA
Smoove
post Sep 26 2008, 18:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,211

Hey as the title says im a new arma player from western canada. I was wondering for a new player what are the essential mods/maps for multiplayer play?
also are there any west north american players or is it mainly UK? If there are shoot me a PM maybe we can schedule a game hug.gif Arma is badass i can only imagine what its like multi

thanks guys.

EDIT:
ooops mispelled the title tongue.gif

i guess i should add that i play alot of tactical shooters, history starts from rainbow six in 99 up to newer ghost recons.
looking for serious players

This post has been edited by Smoove: Sep 26 2008, 18:52

Quote Post
Supr3me KiLL3r
post Sep 26 2008, 23:46
Post #2

Member No.: 3,465

Well you really don't need anything for multiplayer, depending where you go. All you need is the latest patch 1.14 for almost all the servers, and the warfare game mode comes with that patch.

Sometimes servers will run custom maps that require addons for them, like the queens gambit expansion. Sahrani life for example, requires an addon pack you can get on its official page but I don't play Armed Assault for roleplaying a078.gif

The server I play on with friends doesn't require any addons except queens gambit for about 1/4 the missions, and occasionally we throw addons into missions like the 6thsense weaponpack. I use alot of mods to enhance gameplay and such while they don't. You can still use mods like model replacements, sound mods, effects mods, all that in a server that doesn't require them. Its all client-side and doesn't affect other players.
A list of the best mods for that is here

When you try and connect to a game that has requires addons you don't have, it will tell you what you are missing, but its usually the name of the .pbo file, which doesn't always tell you what it is weirdsmiley.gif

If you want a game you could join us on the SoLo server drunk.gif

This post has been edited by Supr3me KiLL3r: Sep 26 2008, 23:50

--------------------
My Armed Assault Youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwE-HkeYuQ

Quote Post
Jeza
post Sep 28 2008, 00:03
Post #3

Guests

Hey matey, good man for playin the rainbow six series , gotta love rogue spear.

As for US/UK players from my experiance there are lots and lots of both plus quite a few german players as well, its got a big european following

Essential mods/maps erm.. personnal prefernce i guess, but as you seem to be into tactical side of the game there are some Vast open maps for certain types of battles, the most open i enjoy is schmafelden for big tank battles. However OFP world contains all the maps of OFP in one'map' if you get me lol. But its a great game mate, so you should enjoy it whatever you decide to download

Quote Post
leroyrushing
post Oct 26 2008, 09:36
Post #4

Member No.: 4,391

if the war secretary was wise enough to advise his president to withdraw from the war game and declared victory in the first week of the war!!!

--------------------

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Oct 27 2008, 16:26
Post #5

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Supr3me KiLL3r @ Sep 26 2008, 23:46) *
When you try and connect to a game that has requires addons you don't have, it will tell you what you are missing, but its usually the name of the .pbo file, which doesn't always tell you what it is weirdsmiley.gif

Well if it gives you the .pbo filename you can easily search on the mainsite to get the addon (with search area "Addons")

See here I searched for : CW_alienscorpio.pbo and this came up .

@leroyrushing: Welcome to the forum/game smile.gif
Beside the BI Forum Topic linked from Supr3me KiLL3r you might also have a look at this article. I started collecting some effects addons a while ago, but never found the time to continue it.

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 13:16