IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
281 Pages V  « < 275 276 277 278 279 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Armedassault.info End of Days Superparty, Celebrating the end of the world since 476!
JdB
post Dec 5 2016, 17:34
Post #5521

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(pMASTER @ Dec 5 2016, 02:32) *
I do not own a telly so as to boycott the propaganda which lefty hipsters want to force on me.

That's what a typical leftist hipster would say, but with "facist capitalists" replaced by "lefty hipsters" glare.gif

- Rejection of popular culture;
- Vegan;
- Spent time at a university;
- On welfare and/or commiting fraud, other "rebellious" crimes such as squatting a building that wasn't actually vacant;
- Militant pacifism.

This post has been edited by JdB: Dec 5 2016, 17:35

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 5 2016, 22:06
Post #5522

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(JdB @ Dec 5 2016, 16:34) *
- Vegan;

So, the Royal Mint made some new money, and, it's horrible, like, literally feels like monopoly money, even more so than those horrendous plasticy coins you have on the continent, but I guess that's fitting given the state of our economy these days, I digress.

It turns out that there's a minuscule amount of tallow used in greasing some machine that makes them or something, so the vegetarians are up in arms about it and refusing to use the new notes altogether, like, they're banning them from vegetarian restaurants and so on. But, here's thing I don't get, if you're against eating animal products, shouldn't you just be smashing capitalism because it devours the working class in the ceaseless pursuit of greed?

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Dec 6 2016, 08:14
Post #5523

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

ZITAT(JdB @ Dec 5 2016, 17:34) *
- Rejection of popular culture;
Aye, "popular" as in "people". They reject what the people deems as culture. I take it you've never watched German national television before? That's not what we deem as culture.
- Vegan;
Take that back! Take that back! mad.gif
- Spent time at a university;
Only I'm not "earning" a degree in 'gender studies' or some other... "science". I earn a degree in actual science. feckoff.gif
- On welfare and/or commiting fraud, other "rebellious" crimes such as squatting a building that wasn't actually vacant;
I'm not, nor am I committing fraud and...
- Militant pacifism.
...Jesus, where is this getting at anyway? I, a pacifist? (Funnily enough, my left hand was actually playing with a defunct .50 AE round while I was reading the latest posts.)

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 6 2016, 15:36
Post #5524

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(pMASTER @ Dec 6 2016, 08:14) *
Only I'm not "earning" a degree in 'gender studies' or some other... "science". I earn a degree in actual science. feckoff.gif

Reading comprehension must not be high on the academic priority list considering you failed to see that you only meet criteria number one, which is why I've crossed it off. 1/5 crossed off = 20%? stupid.gif

If you leave now you can squat a building to use it as a starting point for throwing a government-funded petrol bomb at a shoe store while chewing on some organically grown vegetables, thereby fulfilling all of the other criteria in under 12 hours. I'm sure the social rehabilitation councillor that the judge will "sentence" you to can set you up with a suitable hair dresser to add the finishing touches to your looks naughty.gif

Would be funny to play the role of pacifist/conscientious objector in an MP match, throw down all weapons, get in between the two sides and plead with them to strop fighting. That would last for about a second or two before you get shot. Just like it's supposed to go. Would be hilarious I think.

This post has been edited by JdB: Dec 6 2016, 15:39

--------------------

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Dec 7 2016, 08:41
Post #5525

Group Icon

I do meet one criterion, though. I'm broke. sad.gif

On a second thought, no I do no meet said criterion. I don't have rich parents who could fund my shenanigans (but will not do so because they hate me for being such a lefty tick).

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 7 2016, 21:15
Post #5526

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(pMASTER @ Dec 7 2016, 08:41) *
On a second thought, no I do no meet said criterion. I don't have rich parents who could fund my shenanigans (but will not do so because they hate me for being such a lefty tick).

Plenty of those lefty ticks have "inherited" their ideology from their parents. We have a phrase for that in Dutch "Links lullen, rechts vullen". Hard to translate directly but it comes down to "Whine about the unfairness of capitalism, get paid for it like a supreme capitalist". Often used for heavily subsidized "comedians", "actors", "artists" and other leeches who jump in front of every camera they can find to complain how unfair capitalism is to the 99% while earning upwards of €500.000 of government money a year themselves and due to the allowance of their parents and/or the government never having experienced anything other than the 1% lifestyle.

--------------------

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Dec 10 2016, 19:19
Post #5527

Group Icon

Just out of curiosity, what do those two verbs mean exactly? We have a similar phrase in these parts, I'm unsure how best to translate it...

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 10 2016, 23:03
Post #5528

Group Icon

"Talk left, take right" would be a good English translation.

Google translate gives us the somewhat questionable "left cocks, fill right", which is something I, personally speaking, have no interest in. Neoliberal degenerates can keep their right-wing poon to themselves! I mean, from Rand, to Thatcher and now May and Clinton, I think we can all agree that, despite the inherent objectification of the female form to capitalism, neoliberalism just does not have the babes. Fascism and Feudalism, though, weirdly did, so make of that what you will. unsure.gif

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 12 2016, 01:24
Post #5529

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Dec 10 2016, 23:03) *
"Talk left, take right" would be a good English translation.

Google translate gives us the somewhat questionable "left cocks, fill right", which is something I, personally speaking, have no interest in. Neoliberal degenerates can keep their right-wing poon to themselves! I mean, from Rand, to Thatcher and now May and Clinton, I think we can all agree that, despite the inherent objectification of the female form to capitalism, neoliberalism just does not have the babes. Fascism and Feudalism, though, weirdly did, so make of that what you will. unsure.gif

"Lullen" can mean both "cocks" and "talking (rubbish)", and since most "gutmenschen" talking rubbish are utter dicks I completely understand why both meanings are so intertwined.

"Leftist rambling, rightist filling of pockets" is the literal translation that loses the least in translation/specific Dutch cultural use of words though I would go with "Rambling left, cashing right".

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 18 2016, 18:24
Post #5530

Group Icon

So, can we address the fact that Spain is still using Franco's flag? I think they changed the emblem or something when they got rid of him, but why not go back to the old "good guy" flag?

I mean, Germany went whole-hog and completely did away with the Black/white/red flag after their "episode", what gives Spain!? (ok, technically Weimar used the Schatzrotgelt, but that whole thing lasted, like, 5 minutes, so who cares?)

EDIT: Also, while we're on the subject of no particular subject, the whole sci-fi/fantasy trope of chicks who have four arms also having 4 norks, scientifically speaking, kinda bullshit. There's no correlation between number of limbs and number of boobs in mammals. Outside of mammals, there's no tits. Hence, the term "mammal", which literally means "things that have funbags".

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have green-skinned space-babes with double the sex-appeal of regular earth-based ladytypes, but, I mean, come on, the possibilities are endless in that regard, but, having a 1:1 arm:boobs ratio just doesn't really upscale that well... could you imagine having 8 arms? Crabs have 8 arms, they aren't sexy at all!

(Ok, maybe crabs only have, like, 4 arms tops, but I never claimed to be a marine biologist!)

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 20 2016, 15:00
Post #5531

Hipster addonmaker

Go back to hugging refugees people nothing to see here. Wir schaffen das!

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 24 2016, 11:49
Post #5532

Group Icon

Merry Christmas, you damn impatient continentals! Couldn't wait just one more day to open your presents, huh? yammer.gif

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
JdB
post Dec 25 2016, 00:57
Post #5533

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Dec 24 2016, 11:49) *
Merry Christmas, you damn impatient continentals! Couldn't wait just one more day to open your presents, huh? yammer.gif

We don't open our presents until the morning of the 25th tiredsmiley.gif

I wonder why the Crown Prince of Bavaria is so quiet. Guessing he snuck off to enjoy a tax payer subsidized ski trip naughty.gif

--------------------

Rather than boring mundane Christmas greetings I've made something that at least fulfils three primary holiday requirements.

^ Just click it ^

This post has been edited by JdB: Dec 25 2016, 01:03

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 25 2016, 22:10
Post #5534

Group Icon

QUOTE(JdB @ Dec 24 2016, 23:57) *
We don't open our presents until the morning of the 25th tiredsmiley.gif

Well, look... us Brits, we've never let something so inconvenient as facts get in the way of our dislike of all foreigners! Next you'll be telling me the Danish don't eat babies, it may not be true, but I believe that it's true, and isn't that the real meaning of Christmas?

Here, it might not be much, but I got you this wb reduction, Merry Christmas, you damn dirty dutchman.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 1 2017, 01:11
Post #5535

Group Icon

And a happy year, new or otherwise!

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
JdB
post Jan 2 2017, 17:25
Post #5536

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Jan 1 2017, 01:11) *
And a happy year, new or otherwise!

My new year is second hand.

Happy 2004 2008 2017!

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jan 5 2017, 22:11
Post #5537

Hipster addonmaker

Andiiiiiiiiiiii!?!

Someone should go tell him that the terrorist attack in Berlin hasn't caused a civil war and so he can come out of his Werwolf dugout ...

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 6 2017, 15:25
Post #5538

Group Icon

Sssssssssssh! It's been a shitty year, he's probably got one hell of a hangover tongue.gif

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Jan 7 2017, 08:13
Post #5539

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Stop sucking on a wurst and be sociable you grumpy German git! Or are you driving a truck filled with ampho and pork towards the Levant?

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 8 2017, 23:55
Post #5540

Group Icon

This isn't working... quick, point out an inconvenient truth to his jingoistic ways... er... The German National Anthem is just the Austro-Hungarian one with the words changed!

Or is that the British National Anthem? Dammit! In my slightly drunk state all National Anthems sound the same! If only there was a way we could determine our inbred royals were better than every one else's inbred royals who are genetically speaking, alarming identical (thanks, incest!) with a song that was distinct to our nation! Quick! Let's raid the crazy moose-people Finno-Ugrics for a few extra musical notes and chromosomes!

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post

281 Pages V  « < 275 276 277 278 279 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:29