Reply to this topicStart new topic
> the signification of your familly name
berbinator
post Apr 26 2008, 13:31
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE(JynX @ Apr 25 2008, 09:37) *
My grandmother i never knew's maiden name was Reid, I think it's also one of my Mum's middle names can't remember, I'm not sure how in terms of Scottish clans how Reid and Somerville fit together.
I do know that my mums maiden name (Barr) is part of the Reid clan (only reason I know this is that i'm allowed to wear the Reid tartan [you can only wear the tartan of the familly blood you have so for me: Mcenzie (spelling is wrong), Reid, Somerville and Munro])
I know I don't have any direct relations in Amercia, my big/half Sister is living in Brisbane, Australia at moment though and the female side of my Mum's side came from Ireland. Would have to ask my parents if we've got peeps over the pond

WRT the coat of arms: In heraldry, iirc, if theres even a small difference it's a different familly. I also can't remember or don't know the colours of either of the crests above so can't do a direct comparison.

Dude thats pretty cool, cause Now that you mentioned the Mcenzie or however its spelled clan I distinctly remember her mentioning that one along with the Reid clan as well. And yeah and on my last visit naughty.gif I compared the coat of arms and they are identical. happy.gif
yeah my GF's mom told me a couple of times how they are all related....but I was kinda distracted and plus i have a small capacity for following relations. She pretty much went all the way up name by name and my brain was about ready to explode weapons_owned.gif cool stuff.

My family is currently working on its history. We came from Romania, my Grandfather was an immigrant.

This post has been edited by berbinator: Apr 26 2008, 13:35

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post Apr 26 2008, 13:37
Post #22

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Rifleman-in-Charge

Member No.: 270

Erm, does this mean you might end up being Jynxes... uncle?

--------------------
Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

The self-appointed God of Scor Nango. Not an emperor, just... God.

Quote Post
Toadball
post Apr 26 2008, 13:47
Post #23

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

Firstly it would be JynX's, and as I explained on MSN (My dad had one brother who now lives down south is married and my cousins are: at university in newcastle (the lass is a year older than me) and in high school (my little sister's age) my mum had no sisters or brothers so i've got no cousins on that side)
any relation would be very very distant

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
Benoist
post Apr 26 2008, 13:50
Post #24

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

My grand-grandfather didn't have any education and when he recived his first ID he used his own name as a last name.
Well, actually that was something common in Spain, most of the people were only farmers.

This post has been edited by Benoist: Apr 26 2008, 13:52

Quote Post
NeMeSiS
post May 4 2008, 11:06
Post #25

Member No.: 7

Mine doesnt mean anything. Its a little village somewhere in Germany though but i cant really find anything about it or anyone carrying it who isnt family. tongue.gif

--------------------
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.
[img]http://www.impossible-quiz.com/images/badges/95-3.gif[img]
Impossible Quiz

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 14:01