Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RPG Warheads, Whats the difference? :s
Callaghan
post Jul 11 2009, 18:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,057

After having a look at the weapon and amunition class names Ive come across different types of warheads for the RPG7V and SMAW.. The RPG7V has PG7V, PG7VL, PG7VR and OG7. The ammo classname says these are AT or anti tank but I was wondering what the difference is if any?

Also the USMC SMAW launcher has HEAA and HEDP warheads! are these more powerful than the M136 Launcher?

Thanks for clearing up this issue biggrin.gif

Quote Post
D@V
post Jul 11 2009, 18:22
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Different warheads have different effects;
The PG7V is a standard grenade effective against most targets
The PG7VL is a more modern grenade with better penetration
The PG7VR is a duel warhead grenade effective against vehicles with heavy armour
The OG7 is a fragmentation grenade effective against infantry

There's also TBG7V thermobaric grenades, which are, unfortunately, not present sad.gif

As for the SMAW;
QUOTE(Global Security)
SMAW's Warhead Versatility:

* High Explosive Dual Purpose (HEDP) - A €œfire and forget€ target-sensing fuze allows the warhead to detonate at the optimum moment. Devastatingly effective against bunkers, concrete and brick walls, and light armor, HEDP is in production now. The High Explosive, Dual Purpose (HEDP) rocket is effective against bunkers, masonry and concrete walls, and light armor.
* High Explosive Anti-Armor (HEAA) - Attains full penetration of heavy armor from nearly any oblique angle. The High Explosive Anti-Armor (HEAA) rocket is effective against current tanks without additional armor.
* Follow Through Grenade (FTG) - Shaped charge front warhead with full caliber follow-through grenade for use against concrete and brick walls.
* The 9mm spotting rounds are ballistically matched to the rockets and increase the gunner's first round hit probability. Training is accomplished with the MK7 Mod 0 encased common practice rocket and the MK213 Mod 0 noise cartridge.
* Common Practice Round (CPR) - Inert training round with full caliber rocket duplicating live round weight, CG and flight characteristics.

This post has been edited by D@V: Jul 11 2009, 18:27

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I dont understand it, Im afraid of it, and one day Ill accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Callaghan
post Jul 11 2009, 18:35
Post #3

Member No.: 6,057

Im sure it wont be long before someone invents them biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Stawebopl
post Oct 15 2014, 10:59
Post #4

Member No.: 10,553

I think thatthis information isthe best.

--------------------

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:47