Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OFP- ArmA2 ?
jantsik112
post Jan 5 2010, 19:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,882

I searched the forum for it, but didn't find anything, sorry if this question has already been posted by some1. Anyway... i know there's an OFP campaign-copy made for ArmA1 ,what sadly i don't own, but could someone tell me- is there one for ArmA 2, and if not ,is there some1 working on it perhaps? I would love to replay the OFP campaign in ArmA 2 with better AI and all... Some1 should really make a rmk of the campaign and the maps for Arma 2 . I would love to play on Everon or Malden. Plus imagine a "Superpowers" styled multiplayer mission on Everon, that would be cool. I even made a mission for OFP1 about 4 years ago, where Everon is divided by a border, soviets in the north and NATO in the south, something like that would be great on ArmA2.

PS I'll post the mission that i made 4 years ago for OFP multiplayer in a few weeks on the OFP forum. It needs CoC arty, CoC NATO icons and USS Nimitz addons to play tho, but that's not much( you can get those from ofp.gamepark.cz). The player can control up to 5 big assault groups on the map, each side has 1 main base and a few other bases on the map, active patrols all over their side of "the border"(also AA patrols), time skips 2-3 hrs every 7-10 mins(making the environment cooler, so f.e. u don't have to wait 12 hrs irl to assault the enemy at night). To take over enemy held towns, you or the AI on your side needs to stand at the center for 20 or a bit less seconds, and when a town is taken over by some1, players are notified and the flag in the center of the town is replaced. Player has access to tanks,other armored transports, cars, planes and choppers. I didn't finish the map 100%, so there might be a few bugs, also NATO might be a bit overpowered, cuz they can call in tomahawk missile strikes and have moving arty groups(M109s). Both sides have 1 nuke(also a CoC addon).
Still,i don't know any other Superpowers-styled maps for OFP and if you want to have fun with a friend then i think it's ok to play. I've tested the map about 10 times, and can tell if u start to the war between the 2 sides right at the start of the game(without spying on them 1st or gathering info), the game can still last at least 1 hr.
Usually it takes about 1 hr and 30 mins for the battles/clashes and attacks to end on the island.
I'll upload it as soon as i get it from my other computer.

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Jan 19 2010, 21:28
Post #2

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

After having ported OFP missions to ArmA, the CWR Team has switched to ArmA2.

You can find news about them and WIP screens on the dedicated CWR2 thread on the BI Forums : here

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 13:19