Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gun talk, Your own weapons, general stuff, new things
Blackscorpion
post Nov 27 2010, 13:56
Post #1

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Rifleman-in-Charge

Group: Members
Member No.: 270

Since there's no specific topic for it - only military matters, general stuff or AS topics - lets make a topic for weapons themselves. Military, law enforcement, civilian stuff, be it anything between a man-portable cannon to a small pistol, lethal or not.

I'd like to open up with my newest acquisition...

Have fun, folks! Please keep the place tidy or atleast take your own trash out when you leave. No exploding on the keyboards, plz. w00t.gif

--------------------
Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

The self-appointed God of Scor Nango. Not an emperor, just... God.

Quote Post
Sorn
post Nov 27 2010, 17:37
Post #2

Member No.: 8,050

wow w00t.gif love it thumbsup.gif congrats with the acquisition biggrin.gif

upd. i think, that if you post a picture, you should write some words about what it depicts happy.gif i see only awesome tactical bolt-action rifle with silencer, but i don't know exactly what it is tongue.gif explain please smile.gif anyway great picture, thanks for sharing smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sorn: Nov 27 2010, 17:52

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Nov 27 2010, 17:41
Post #3

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

Wow, your gun laws allow you to acquire silencers? That's pretty neat. Silencers, flashlights and even pistol grips for shotguns are totally a no go over here.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post Nov 27 2010, 17:53
Post #4

No restrictions over them here. Well, the new law will likely require you to have a firearm lisence to buy a silencer, even for airsoft thingies maybe, but since I already have a lisence, I don't have to worry. It's pretty silent to shoot with the silencer and subsonic ammo, but it's not a 'movie gun' like sound. It's currently zeroed in with that configuration for 150 m using Lapua rounds.

The rifle itself is a Steyr Tactical Elite in .308 Win (almost the same as 7.62 NATO), an LE version of the Scout. Adjustable stock, two 5 round mags, very nice bolt ride, heavy 57 cm barrel with the end threaded to fit the custom-made silencer. For sharpshooting work it has a basic Harris bipod and a Leupold Mk4 16x40 scope with zeroable M1 adjustment turrets. Shoots around half MOA in my hands with factory loaded Lapua Scenars - latest grouping I shot was 5 shots in 48 mm from 300 m through quite heavy snowfall.

This post has been edited by Blackscorpion: Nov 28 2010, 01:38

--------------------

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

Quote Post
Sorn
post Nov 28 2010, 06:08
Post #5

Member No.: 8,050

QUOTE(Blackscorpion @ Nov 28 2010, 03:53) *
No restrictions over them here. Well, the new law will likely require you to have a firearm lisence to buy a silencer, even for airsoft thingies maybe, but since I already have a lisence, I don't have to worry. It's pretty silent to shoot with the silencer and subsonic ammo, but it's not a 'movie gun' like sound. It's currently zeroed in with that configuration for 150 m using Lapua rounds.

The rifle itself is a Steyr Tactical Elite in .308 Win (almost the same as 7.62 NATO), an LE version of the Scout. Adjustable stock, two 5 round mags, very nice bolt ride, heavy 57 cm barrel with the end threaded to fit the custom-made silencer. For sharpshooting work it has a basic Harris bipod and a Leupold Mk4 16x40 scope with zeroable M1 adjustment turrets. Shoots around half MOA in my hands with factory loaded Lapua Scenars - latest grouping I shot was 5 shots in 48 mm from 300 m through quite heavy snowfall.

that's great thumbsup.gif thanks for explanations biggrin.gif

Quote Post
el_duderino
post Nov 29 2010, 01:37
Post #6

Member No.: 8,536

Great lookin rifle! wish i could post mine on here, its a tricked out 91/30 Mosin Nagant. It chambers a 7.62x54r round. it was made in the 1943 in the soviet union still has the stamps on the breech. I also have a hungarin AMD-65. you can check out my Mosin Nagants at my webpage Here.

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 7 2011, 23:30
Post #7

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Reconditioned the stock.

Now deciding on what scope to get for my forward mount. (Not yet attached, replaces rear sight.)

Probably start with a Weaver 4x IER and then order a Leupold VX-II 1.5-4x 28mm Scout which needs to be ordered custom... that's going to be expensive.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post Feb 9 2012, 02:38
Post #8

Nice one! It's not a Finnish one, but still... just make sure you feed and otherwise take care of her well. biggrin.gif

Be sure to look into your options, and make sure it fits your needs. Leupolds are nice scopes, but might be a bit on the expensive side. Nightforce makes high-quality stuff at similar prices, and I've seen people do nicely with some manufacturers from the former Eastern bloc countries, for example IOR (unless that's what you were after in the first place).

Some winter range work with an AK and Glock:

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Feb 9 2012, 04:19
Post #9

Group Icon

Still need to sight it in. Have not had time. Hopefully in a few weeks when I am on leave.

Went with one of two recommended scope mounts and an el cheapo (But highly recommended) IER scope as proof of concept. If it stays zeroed and performs well I will invest in a Leupold custom in future.

Will try and get photos off phone of my Christmas hunting endeavours...

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 25 2012, 01:06
Post #10

Group Icon

Later this year I'll buy a black stock demilitarized G3A3, for the lulz (=decoration) only. I always wanted to have one of those... but even with a licence (which is difficult enough to acquire) you can legally own but a semi-auto version with a small capacity magazine.

tiredsmiley.gif

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
JdB
post Feb 25 2012, 02:21
Post #11

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Wittmann @ Feb 9 2012, 04:19) *
[im]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/DanLody/403740_10150445544088500_755183499_8718361_2046128920_n.jpg[/img]

Isn't the eye relief way off when you mount that kind of scope that far forward? unsure.gif

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 25 2012, 03:16
Post #12

Group Icon

It's a Mosin Nagant. He will hit a moth (and the submerged commander of the Abrams passing by a mile behind it) if he points the rifle in the general direction.

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Feb 25 2012, 12:23
Post #13

Group Icon

Intermediate Eye Relief scope. Similar to a pistol scope.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:40