Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What mods shall I use?
true_blue
post Mar 13 2010, 08:56
Post #1

Group: Validating
Member No.: 7,340

Hi guys, I have not played OFP since 2002 and want to see if I can retexture the ugly bits of the game before I play through the series again and finally OFP2.
I have downloaded FFUR85 2008 and im wondering what mods I should get to retexture the trees, grass, roads, buildings etc not just on everon but all islands + nogova.

Links will be especially helpful as I am not uptodate on where to get the mods from nowadays. Back when I played in 02 I used ofp.gamezone.cz which is now ofp.gamepark.cz right?
I have been there but can't seem to find any texture mods sad.gif

Also any other mods you can suggest would be very cool, like any little small improvements on gameplay.

Any help will be very much appreciated, as I am anxious to play this great game again before I play OFP2.

Thanks a lot! smile.gif

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 13 2010, 13:09
Post #2

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(true_blue @ Mar 13 2010, 08:56) *
Hi guys, I have not played OFP since 2002 and want to see if I can retexture the ugly bits of the game before I play through the series again and finally OFP2.

Any help will be very much appreciated, as I am anxious to play this great game again before I play OFP2.

Are there any psychiatric clinics where you live? Just asking because you're going to need it once you've played that turd of a game.

OFP was developed by Bohemia Interactive, Dragon Rising (called "OFP" as well, for no reason other than to trick people into thinking it's good) was developed by Codemasters to make a quick buck like they always do. The two have nothing in common other than the name (which is exactly why Codemasters used it, to scam people into thinking it is a good game) and both being called "realistic simulations of warfare", which OFP1, ArmA1 and ArmA2 are, and which "OFP2" Dragon Rising certainly is not. Dropping support barely 5 months after release, no modding tools, no dedicated servers, gameplay that is even more unrealistic than that of CoD and BF2 etc. They lied about everything, the lies even made it onto the box that he game comes in. Even spending $5 on that game is a waste of money.

This post has been edited by I44_John: Mar 13 2010, 13:10

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Willus Killus
post Mar 13 2010, 13:53
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,064

QUOTE(I44_John @ Mar 13 2010, 12:09) *
Are there any psychiatric clinics where you live? Just asking because you're going to need it once you've played that turd of a game.

OFP was developed by Bohemia Interactive, Dragon Rising (called "OFP" as well, for no reason other than to trick people into thinking it's good) was developed by Codemasters to make a quick buck like they always do. The two have nothing in common other than the name (which is exactly why Codemasters used it, to scam people into thinking it is a good game) and both being called "realistic simulations of warfare", which OFP1, ArmA1 and ArmA2 are, and which "OFP2" Dragon Rising certainly is not. Dropping support barely 5 months after release, no modding tools, no dedicated servers, gameplay that is even more unrealistic than that of CoD and BF2 etc. They lied about everything, the lies even made it onto the box that he game comes in. Even spending $5 on that game is a waste of money.

QFT. 'Nuff said.

Also, FFUR pretty much redoes everything doesn't it?

This post has been edited by Willus Killus: Mar 13 2010, 13:57

--------------------
If you make something idiot-proof, someone will create a better idiot.

Quote Post
true_blue
post Mar 14 2010, 00:59
Post #4

Group: Validating
Member No.: 7,340

Well it changed weapons, clothes, fire and put some annoying ruler on the map which covers the entire thing.. but nothing to trees, shrubs etc.. I have found a mod called mr burns island replacement which changes the terrain and treees pretty well actually! Although it was bloody hard to find a download link to.
Ive also noticed that FFUR makes the difficulty insanely impossible... for instance, I got 1 shot by a rifleman using only an AK with no scope or anything, on the other side of a forrest 1200m away LMAO! So I turned the extra hard mode stuff off hehe.

Any addon suggestions would be awesome!

@ I44_John; I hope you're wrong about that but I can understand if you are right.. as it was on Steam for only like $5 the other day so thought what the hell..
Its a shame how games are screwed up like that.. Far Cry 2 springs to mind. I bought it expecting a sequel and all I got was a COMPLETELY new type of game with the same name argh.. very disappointing as Far Cry 1 was a cool shooter. But I can't say that Far Cry 2 was not a fun game to play. It had some great idea's and bags of potential.
Think I will join you guys in the fun and buy ARMA2 pretty soon.. I read it has a singleplayer campaign compared to ARMA 1 which is the main interest for me. I am not so big on multiplay although COOP is cool.

Straight Jacket on standby...

QUOTE(Willus Killus @ Mar 13 2010, 12:53) *
QFT. 'Nuff said.

Also, FFUR pretty much redoes everything doesn't it?

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10