IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Armed Assault run on my system?, Post your specs and we'll tell you.
JdB
post Jul 3 2008, 14:04
Post #181

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Koku @ Jul 3 2008, 01:19) *
I think I know the answer to this

Yep, you do.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Koku
post Jul 3 2008, 21:41
Post #182

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,537

Oh Well...Thanks for your honesty..I guess I will stick to OFP untill i get a new computer which will probably be a year or two.

Quote Post
JdB
post Jul 3 2008, 21:57
Post #183

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(Koku @ Jul 3 2008, 22:41) *
Oh Well...Thanks for your honesty..I guess I will stick to OFP untill i get a new computer which will probably be a year or two.

There is a slight chance though. Right click on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop. Click "Properties". If the window that pops up says 2,4Ghz or faster, you might be able to run it on low settings (not sure though if your video card could handle it, as I don't know how it measures up to the ArmA compatible hardware).

You could always buy the Gold edition now, shouldn't be that expensive, and you can test to see if it works, if it doesn't, you'll at least have it laying on the shelf for later wink.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Koku
post Jul 3 2008, 22:58
Post #184

Thanks for the fast reply JdB. I did what you said and it says 253ghz......Ok so lets say it does, work will it look better then OFP? I play it with pretty muck medium graphics and a 1100 something resloution

Quote Post
JdB
post Jul 3 2008, 23:14
Post #185

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(Koku @ Jul 3 2008, 23:58) *
Thanks for the fast reply JdB. I did what you said and it says 253ghz......Ok so lets say it does, work will it look better then OFP? I play it with pretty muck medium graphics and a 1100 something resloution

2,53 Ghz, that's not bad, half way between the minimum requirements and the recommended specs. The RAM is above the minimum, though not by much. The major choke point that I found after checking the minimum specs is your video card, the 9600 being only slightly better than the minimum 9500 that is required. Since your card only just meets the minimum specs, I'd now definitely say that it can't run beyond the lowest settings (without sacrificing the gameplay experience). Whether it looks better on those kinds of settings really is a personal opinion. Some people feel that some of the low settings look almost as good as the high ones, while not having the disastrous effect on performance that the high ones have. Personally there are some engine improvements that aren't related to graphics for ArmA that OFP doesn't have, but graphically the improvements to OFP at medium settings won't be that spectacular, but for the gameplay, I would buy it.

I see that amazon.com has the Gold edition for £14.98 ($25-$30 max I think) + shipping, so it really is a matter of budget. If you can afford it, you should definitely buy it, even if you can't run it at settings that make it look pretty right now. If not, that money would be better spent on saving towards a new computer and ArmA2/OFP2 by the time it comes out.

--------------------

Quote Post
Koku
post Jul 3 2008, 23:51
Post #186

WOW! Thank you so much for all your info. Evan though I do not play games like OFP very much, it always hold a place in my heart for one being my first PC game and second for the support communty out there including the makers who alway gave me great advise.....Two more question will it work if i add some of the effect and sound mods? Or is that asking for too much. and whe choosing a unit to play with in the mission editor can you choose what weapons they carry or do they come with a default one like OFP

Also thanks on the Amazon, unfortuantly the wife does not let me order online..So i will have to do some major searching at the game stores in my area..and i live in east TN, so there is not that much.

p.s. I look forward to hiding in some tall grass with the new Gullie suit add on i have seen on this site even if it is aginst one squad of infatry that i have credited in the mission editor...the orginal one in OFP made think of a walking evergreen.

Quote Post
JdB
post Jul 4 2008, 00:23
Post #187

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(Koku @ Jul 4 2008, 00:51) *
WOW! Thank you so much for all your info. Evan though I do not play games like OFP very much, it always hold a place in my heart for one being my first PC game and second for the support community out there including the makers who alway gave me great advise.....Two more question will it work if i add some of the effect and sound mods? Or is that asking for too much. and when choosing a unit to play with in the mission editor can you choose what weapons they carry or do they come with a default one like OFP

...the original one in OFP made think of a walking evergreen.

Anything third party you add will most likely mean more processing power is required, as they almost always have increased detail compared to standard BIS units. Things like smoke effects, weapon firing effects etc, can lag like hell, especially if not designed properly.

You can change the weapons through entering bits of code in the Init field, just like with OFP. I don't know of any other way (well through a script, but that's external).

Well, it did look funny, but fitted right in with the rest of the abysmal patches of grass that looked like some kids' very first facial hair wink.gif

But back then it was great of course.

--------------------

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Jul 5 2008, 15:31
Post #188

Member No.: 1,007

well i got all new last week am now runing the game on this setup now

1 cpu AMD 5600+ x2 2.9/x2
2 grfx Ati 3650 Top 256 mam gpu runs at 800 mhz (PciE)
3 4 gig mem ddr2 800 mhz
old P4 20 to 25 Fps new setup 40 to 50 Fps
i must say Arma runs a lot better than it did on my old P4 2.8

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
Koku
post Jul 5 2008, 19:40
Post #189

UKG What were your settings on your old CPU?, Because 20 to 25 fps is kind of freaking me out.

Quote Post
Revski
post Jul 10 2008, 16:40
Post #190

Member No.: 2,691

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1 GB RAM (2x512)
X800 GTO (Shader 2.0)
Creative SB Live! Audio Card

I am not sure which kind of RAM i have, but the test that was recommended in the first post says that my system is up (and a bit above) minimum requirements.

--------------------

Quote Post
toki
post Jul 21 2008, 05:21
Post #191

Member No.: 3,690

AMD sempron, 2.01ghz __yuk.gif
Nvida 7600 __yuk.gif
768 ram

Resolution 720x480 (somehting like that
terrain detail- very low
Objects Detail- low
Texture detail- low
shading- low
Antialiasing- low
shadow- disable

framerate is about 28 in open areas and it will drop to 13, 12 in heavy object loaded areas, espeially if i use any optical enhancment tools (scopes etc)

Whats the highest processor can i buy before reaching dual core?
i plan on getting 2gb of ram soon

^ with that will i be able to run it on 800x600 with the graphics running normal-low getting 20 fps or higher?

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Jul 21 2008, 23:58
Post #192

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(toki @ Jul 21 2008, 06:21) *
AMD sempron, 2.01ghz __yuk.gif
Nvida 7600 __yuk.gif
768 ram

Resolution 720x480 (somehting like that
terrain detail- very low
Objects Detail- low
Texture detail- low
shading- low
Antialiasing- low
shadow- disable

framerate is about 28 in open areas and it will drop to 13, 12 in heavy object loaded areas, espeially if i use any optical enhancment tools (scopes etc)

Whats the highest processor can i buy before reaching dual core?
i plan on getting 2gb of ram soon

^ with that will i be able to run it on 800x600 with the graphics running normal-low getting 20 fps or higher?

1. dunno, about the CPU. Depends on whether your mainboard supports it. Whats your mainboard?
2. your GPU is also a weak spot, you should consider upgrading that aswell.

I woul recommend you to save some more money and wait till the release of ArmA 2 (ETA october-december) and then buy a new shiny PC

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jul 22 2008, 00:38
Post #193

Hipster addonmaker

The Sempron is AMD's current budget range CPU, only really suited to office work and browsing the internet.

However much RAM you put into it, or whether you get the best videocard that your mainboard supports, the CPU will always remain the bottleneck.

I would recommend you to save some more money and wait till the release of ArmA 2 (ETA october-december) and then buy a new shiny PC

That would be the best thing to do.

--------------------

Quote Post
Jeza
post Jul 29 2008, 18:18
Post #194

Guests

this isnt really a question more a statement, my rig

Pentium 4 3.4 ghz
2gb ram
radeon X600----- w00t.gif

Now graphics card and this advent computer really shouldnt run arma terribly well or at all!, but iv been playing arma for a year on it all on medium and some high graphics and its fine no lag ect at all, just thought id share that with people who think there computer might not play it, may be usefull comparason

Quote Post
Fiyah
post Jul 31 2008, 19:54
Post #195

Member No.: 3,783

Been thinking of picking up Arma. Want to know if I can run it at least on medium:

Pentium P4 Dual Core - 2.8 Ghz
Nvidia 8800GS - 384 MB of RAM
2 GB of RAM

Quote Post
JdB
post Aug 8 2008, 13:42
Post #196

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(Fiyah @ Jul 31 2008, 20:54) *
Been thinking of picking up Arma. Want to know if I can run it at least on medium:

Pentium P4 Dual Core - 2.8 Ghz
Nvidia 8800GS - 384 MB of RAM
2 GB of RAM

Fairly positive that it will do medium settings pretty well.

--------------------

Quote Post
SMRDcompany
post Aug 21 2008, 14:16
Post #197

Member No.: 3,893

Ok, here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6420 2.14Ghz
MB: Asus P5B
RAM: 2GB 800mhz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 1024MB RAM
450W Chieftec, some medium tower blablabla

Now I can run on this computer everything on really very high, antialiasing on 8 etc, and I can set visibility to 3800 without any problems. What do you think my weak spot of the computer is? Don't tell me it's power supply, I already know that 450W on 8800 is not really enough, but I didnt had a restart since I bought it.

P.S

I still miss my x1950PRO 256MB 256bit MSI graphics card... That could run anything on very high, it was impossible. When I wanted to play Virtual Tennis 3 on it, it was running it speeded up, I even needed to put some recource expensive processes in the background so that the game can run on ussual speed... It was a wicked graphics card... Died a month after, in the shop they gave me Asus x1950pro, but that was piece of sh*t...

This post has been edited by SMRDcompany: Aug 21 2008, 14:17

--------------------
DON'T HAPPY BE WORRY
Why isn't there a 1389 mod for ArmA? I would play it all the time and always feel the same joy of tearing apart someone with a sword... ^_^
DON'T HAPPY BE WORRY

Quote Post
Toadball
post Aug 21 2008, 23:38
Post #198

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Member No.: 1,331

Your rig is near identical to mine, (750W PSU) and personally I'd say it's a fairly good all rounder with few improvements needed if you only use it for casual gameplay and don't need it to do a marathon between games. Though you should be able to knock your visibility up to about 5-6k wink.gif looks brilliant like that though it may be limited by PSU. Only thing I see it lacking in as you said yourself is the PSU.

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
joethetank
post Aug 25 2008, 10:35
Post #199

Member No.: 2,885

Hi

I am going to buy a new computer and would like it to play arma with good fps, how do u think this system will run on arma?

video card: nvidia geforce 8800GT

RAM: 3GB

HDD: 320GB

intel core 2 duo quad Q6600

windows vista 32 bit

power supply: coolmaster 1000W

mother board: XFX 780i

helpsos.gif

Quote Post
Stavrogin1980
post Aug 25 2008, 12:07
Post #200

Group Icon

Group: User Banned
Member No.: 2,957

Even though BIS posted minimun & reccomended sys.reqs. for ArmA, your only way to find out if the game will run on this PC is to buy it, and play it, unfortunately. You will be able to start the game, but I am not sure about the rest - video quality etc.

Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:34