Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New desktop computer
MACV-SOG Baskis
post Feb 20 2009, 01:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54

I need help in finding out what I should get for a new desktop gaming computer so that I can play both Armed Assault and Armed Assault 2 with a decent FPS. Can someone please list all the gadgets that I will need for a new desktop gaming computer. I don't know much about computers so that is why I am asking for some help.

This post has been edited by MACV-SOG Baskis: Feb 20 2009, 01:48

--------------------
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Quote Post
Willus Killus
post Feb 20 2009, 12:40
Post #2

Member No.: 1,064

This should be useful:

ArmA II System Requirements

--------------------
If you make something idiot-proof, someone will create a better idiot.

Quote Post
Altee
post Feb 21 2009, 00:53
Post #3

Member No.: 2,833

Hi,

the info suggested as minimum specs on ARMAII could put you wrong.

I'm not expert, but if you have Vista installed and only 512mb ram & 256mb vid card, you will not enjoy smooth gameplay. Even with a gig of ram Vista alone runs slow.

My suggestion brother is to get a machine built with a quad processor, as much ram (2gb min.) and as powerful a video card that you can afford (512mb is good, and the one suggested on ARMAII is probably the best for this game -it can get a bit overwhelming if you start ready all the forum on which card is best! -someone here may have better advice).

Sometimes it doesn't cost a whole lot more to double specs on ram and processor power etc. if you are having something put together for you.

In my opinion you cannot have too much ram or Video ram -the more the clearer smoother and more efficient it all runs.

Hope this helps, as said before I'm no expert, this is just my experience.

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 14:22