Forum Rules Forum Rules
9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising, Everything about OFP 2 Dragon Rising
Jeza
post Oct 19 2009, 22:08
Post #141

Guests

Well, i did say before either ofp2 or arma2 came out id give them both a good try, obviously got ArmA2, and no suprises loved it from the word go. Last week bought ofp2 to give it a chance, played about 10hours of it, and tbh i really think its a poor game. They do try to incoprate abit of call of duty fever'ness and bf2 hud ect, but those games are very fast-paced games, i just really from a persoanal point ofview have almost no postives, graphicaly looks bad, gameplay is dull, the lighting is bland as in the landscapre. I think its a shame, i never was going to put it into the same bracket as arma2 because they are different games, aside from arma for fun i play cod/bf2, but ofp2, for me is caught on the wrong side of them both.

Quote Post
JdB
post Oct 19 2009, 22:43
Post #142

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Blackbuck @ Oct 17 2009, 17:48) *
Hmm Codemasters appears to have announced that there will be a sequel to it already...

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Oct 19 2009, 23:00
Post #143

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

Yes. Yes they are.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
vilas
post Nov 13 2009, 18:20
Post #144

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 937

joke 1 :
one website forum is redesigned
options:
"login (fanboy), register and ban me immediately before posting (others)"

joke 2:
discussion of 2 people (not say who):

- i had a deram
- me too, what was your draem ?
- in my dream i could ban whole world from posting

joke 3: kinda monthy-python:
the worst day of my life ?
one day dragon came to my house and ate all my rice

joke 4:
-mamyy, mammyyy i am stuck , i cannot move, help me
-don't ride the tank near forest

joke 5:
- mammyy, mamyy, is it true that Chinese are fattest people of the earth?
- yes son, on 200 square kilometers you can only fit 63

joke 6:
- what you will never hear, even in bad dream ?
- oh no, 5 is down

joke 7:
- what you will never hear, even after hour of shooting ?
- this is 2, i am out of ammo

joke 8: director asks teachers
- how can we teach kids to care about natural environment and trees ?
- maybe we should install Dragon Rising?

joke 9:
two gamers woke up (in one bed ?? nevermind), one woke up screaming
- oh god, oh god, Tom, i had so horrible dream, i was commanding small squad and there was enemy platoon near and they started to shoot
- oh Paul, i had the same dream, but it was nice dream, not horrible
- how is it possible ?
- it was in Dragon Rising
- okay, you right, i should stop playing Arma

joke 10:

- 911, Police, sgt. Martin Rodriguez, listening , what happened ?
- please help me, i cannot move, there are people with guns , please help me, i cannot go , i am stuck
- sir, can you give me the location, your name, i will send patrols
- please help me, i see Chinese soldiers, they fire, i afraid they can kill me
- can you hide from them, where are you ?
- i am in Abrams tank, there are 2 or 3 trees around me
- oooo, so just get out from this goddamn tank and continue on foot and don't bother police when you are not in danger

epilog of joke 10

guy get out from tank, moved happy without any harm , when he moved over kilometer game blown to menu with following message appeared "mission failed, you left combat zone"
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/2/44feb27-wtf.jpg

joke 11:

- what would happen if some crazy dictator would like to bomb Skira ?
- nothing, they have no jet planes

joke 12:

- what is difference between living on Skira and living in USSR under Stalin dictatorship ?
- in USSR noone promised you to travel wherever you want

joke 13:

lesson of english language for foreigners, professor asks students:
- dear friends, can you show me examples of some irrational contradictions in english language, i want check your knowledge about antonyms, can we start ?
one hand goes up
- yes, please tell me
- white neger
- in english we say afro-american cause in english this word is used as not proper because of history, but of course it is good example of contradiction in language, ooo i see next hand in air, yes, tell us your example
- honest politician
- yes, hehe, okay i see another hand in air, please tell us your example:
- black light
- goood example, good, next person please,
- sequel to OFP

joke 14:
lesson on history , teacher in class wanted to say something about WW2 and about totalitarism
- dear students, maybe i will start lesson from puzzle , who told "a lie repeated 100 times becomes the truth" ?
one kid raise arm:
- Sion ... ooops sorry, it was Goebbels

joke 15:
- are jokes above funny ?
- no if you had to pay your money to understand them wink.gif
- no if you had to pay your money to understand them wink.gif

This post has been edited by vilas: Nov 13 2009, 18:37

--------------------

Quote Post
Toadball
post Nov 13 2009, 18:36
Post #145

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Member No.: 1,331

Stick to addons vilas, comedy ain't your forte.

Even if some points are apparently true from what my co-worker tells me (I work with very few people)

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
vilas
post Nov 13 2009, 18:38
Post #146

Group Icon

max 63 ai on map, squad 4 and you can only have 3 under command, abrams colides with smallest tree ... etc. etc. etc.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 13 2009, 18:56
Post #147

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Vilas, A reminder;

[§2] No bigotry

Racists, sexists, homophobes or any other type of bigots are not welcome on these forums, such offenses will very likely result in an immediate and permanent ban. Usernames that are inappropriate and in breach of this rule will result in an immediate and permanent ban.

We do have a number of members who are either from China, Taiwan or have Chinese backgrounds and probably will find some of those "jokes" rather offensive.

Because I realise you're making fun of Codemasters, I'm going to let you off with a caution on this one, however, due to the severity of this rule, this is your final warning. The next time such action is taken on your part there will be consequences.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
vilas
post Nov 13 2009, 20:54
Post #148

Group Icon

Codemasters used Chinese army as opfor, so it is natural that on 200 km island only 63 will fit, on Arma probably 256 as i remember

This post has been edited by vilas: Nov 13 2009, 20:54

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 13 2009, 21:20
Post #149

Group Icon

This may be true; however, while I haven't tried DR yet, I doubt it features rice or dragons intent on eating the aforementioned produce.

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
vilas
post Nov 13 2009, 21:34
Post #150

Group Icon

This may be true

may be ? it is true, a lot of people flame DR with hate because CM lied people saying they do great military simulator expected since so many years

Dragon Rise and Dragon Rice sound identically but rice show it is not "delicious feast for Military freaks" but "cheap nauseating meal FPS shooter told to be great Arma killer , never seen before in any game realism, sequel to OFP featuring all what made its predecessor great"

and when people on CM forums say that Arma has no limitations of 63 AI, 3 AI in team... they are banned and posts deleted
cause "immortal trees forever"

also AI has no "magazines", they have unlimited ammo, thats why joke 7, and when team is 4 only... joke 6

there were even advices walkthrough for DR like "kill teammates" , take ammo, go to respawn point and you will have ammo and they will be again alive... hehehehehe, "never seen before in any game realism", on BI forums we hate liars like PR from this game which has nothing to real... of course some jokes about dedicated servers would be good too

a lot of people on BI forums are now proud to be banned by CM biggrin.gif

i advice to look on Youtube for videos comparing Arma2 and DR and result is shocking, Arma2 rulez and DR s***

CM should be banned to use holy words "Operation Flashpoint" which are saint for all of us

Helios
Community Manager
After liaising with the dev team, it will not be possible to implement standalone dedicated servers post-launch for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_vvcw1eET8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPxoLj1O0UY

and much more, look at AI not reacting, look at vehicles, look at AI cannot hit anything, look at many things there smile.gif and far distance, one brown-mud texture instead of objects in distance

addonmaking not exist... they dare to call it sequel ?

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6707/ultimatewarsim.jpg

by Drongo69

This post has been edited by vilas: Nov 13 2009, 21:56

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 13 2009, 21:58
Post #151

Group Icon

I've said my part, you may feel free to speak ill of DR for all I care, just keep within the rules, and we'll all be happy, understood?

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 13 2009, 22:07
Post #152

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

I have to say Ive been enjoying Squigbo's youtube channel for all it's ArmA 2 vs DR hijinks, I believe it was pMaster who originally posted one here or am I wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Squigibo

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
vilas
post Nov 13 2009, 22:10
Post #153

Group Icon

yeah, joke 10 and 12, you left combat zone biggrin.gif
he shown situation when player moved some meters and ... game returned to menu "mission failed , you left combat zone" when he was toying in Editor biggrin.gif

have you looked at FLIR ?
cammo and symbols visible, oh good, camo scheme in theremal vision biggrin.gif

other person said that for him Chinese and US troops in this game look like having one and the same model, only reskins

This post has been edited by vilas: Nov 13 2009, 22:13

--------------------

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Nov 14 2009, 15:38
Post #154

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

I wouldn't even pay attention to those marginals details. Maybe I would if I was a soldier and had to use a FLIR device day in day out.

The game itself is simply poor.

I haven't even finished the campaign yet but deinstalled the game yesterday. I can't get accustomed to that aweful command menu, and I don't like the gameplay at all.
A crossbred of CoD-ish scripted rush sequences and OFP-ish battles is not within the realms of possibility, it rather seems like a bad compromise to attract shooter freaks and realism fans just alike.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
vilas
post Nov 14 2009, 16:24
Post #155

Group Icon

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...ad.php?t=395508

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 16 2009, 06:13
Post #156

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

I just got my hands on a copy from family I visited in Victoria. Going to patch it and see what happens but so far within the first 20 mins of Mission 1...my scroll wheel stopped working in game.

Needless to say this caused difficulties.

Fully empathise with PMaster, the command rose et al. is terrible.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Nov 17 2009, 00:00
Post #157

The Il2 Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Played this quickly at a friends, mostly found it pretty rubbish tbh. I found it confusing that it boasted a 'huge' map and yet most of the gameplay that i experianced didnt really take advantage of this. Its not that bad, but when you have MW2 as mainstream competition on console your doomed to second place. I know which game i would prefer to play on xbox live anyway, to give you a clue ill be shooting at Russians.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 17 2009, 01:07
Post #158

Group Icon

Tried the demo today. It was released on steam a few hours ago. It has now been removed from my HDD. Less than 3 hours, a new record!

Upon starting the game I am greeted by a pointless screen telling me to press any key. Apparently I might have disconnected my mouse or keyboard while the splash screens displayed. But I suppose this is relatively minor compared to some of the other transgressions this piece of software ("Game" is too strong a word) has done, so let's get into the thick of it!

Upon starting the mission I find myself to have appear miraculously in the middle of an island that's covered in various AAA and SAM sites.I have no idea how I got here, the mission briefing doesn't explain this. Clearly not by boat, as I'm physically in the centre of the island... how strange... I must have been faxed there... I also note at this point that my avatar's arms are barely two feet above the ground. I feel it necessary to applaud Codemasters for the daring that is including a midget as the main playerable character.

Anyways, onwards to the action, after walking a few feet in a random direction I find myself under attack by the PLA... or at least... I assume their the PLA. They look more like US army troops in PLA camo... I find it great that codemasters have made it much easier to identify that you've hit someone, when you do a massive red cloud (or at least, I think it's red, everything is massively desaturated and recoloured to look like an old western) is thrown out of their body, and there's a big indicator on the HUD... just like in real life! It even tells you when they die by changing colour.

After defeating these few dudes, I head out to see what they were defending. Apparently it's a radar site I'm supposed to destroy. By throwing what I can only assume to be some kind of satchel charge underneath it, which I proceed to detonate using my tri-corder... I'm able to continue in my quest to follow the huge arrows that appear on my HUD. (The briefing had two objectives listed, neither of which had much of a relation to the actual objectives in the mission)

A short while later I run into some cars, after a quick shoot-out I'm now the proud owner of a few Chinese Humvee clones. I can't seem to tell my dudes to take both cars, so we all pile into a single vehicle. Which I then managed to flip directly next to a machine gun nest. Whoops. Luckily the effective range of Chinese HMGs appears to be about 10 meters, as I'm able to leisurely stroll to the near piece of cover, a small stone wall, which the MG apparently lacks the ability to penetrate. After another short shoot-out I'm able to destroy the objective the HMG was defending. I was slightly hurt in this encounter, however, luckily I had a magical parcel in my inventory that healed all wounds by simply holding it in front of yourself for a few seconds... who needs first aid, 'eh?

I was required to do this twice, I won't go into the details on this a second time around.

Following this I proceeded to a castle above the next objective (apparently Chinese castles aren't built anything like the pictures, but are rather round, like European ones, though this is a minor gripe) which for some reason has a box full of M16s in it. I can't help but notice the "highly researched" and "realistic" animations for the M16 involves the magazine magically dropping out without the need for the operator to utilize the magazine release at all. A quick inspection reveals the same to be true of almost all the weapons. In fact, the only thing that makes the animation any different from the reload animation of the M4 in counterstrike is that the charging handle is pulled back, rather than the forward release...

Moving to the final objective I came across a surprisingly static IFV, which I proceeded to destroy by standing right next to it, placing one of the satchel charges mentioned earlier underneath it, walking slowly away, then scanning for lifeforms in the immediate area. Unfortunately this left me without any satchel charges to destroy the last objective, luckily however, I had managed to stow away (and I sh*t you not) twenty hand grenades, presumable in my trousers, borrowed from MC Hammer, and was able to destroy the objective with these.

On my way to the exfiltration point, I noticed that my character must be wearing a stethoscope, as, opposed to say, hearing heavy breathing or a pulse in my head after running a few meters, I heard the audible sound of a human heart beating. The only other explanation is that my characters eyes and ears where based somewhere in his chest cavity, which would explain the extremely low first person view.

My advice, steer well clear of this "game". At all costs. If someone offers to lend it to you, or gives it to you as a gift, they clearly hate you.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
JdB
post Nov 17 2009, 01:40
Post #159

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Nov 17 2009, 01:07) *
I also note at this point that my avatar's arms are barely two feet above the ground. I feel it necessary to applaud Codemasters for the daring that is including a midget as the main playerable character.

My advice, steer well clear of this "game". At all costs. If someone offers to lend it to you, or gives it to you as a gift, they clearly hate you.

You know when a huge volume of well written text is discredited by attacking a single sentence or even word?

They're called "little people" D@V£, not "midgets"! ohnoo.gif

And guess what I'll be getting you for Christmas ... Then again that means I'd have to buy it in order to give it to you, the sheer horror of which my mind, heart, rest of my body, social standing and pride will not survive blink.gif

This post has been edited by I44_John: Nov 17 2009, 01:41

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Nov 17 2009, 01:49
Post #160

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

Great review, D@V£!

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 08:51