Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> U.S. Military Tractor Trailers For Arma1 And Arma2
soldier2390
post Nov 18 2009, 18:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,326

hey everyone..while trying to take a break from my snow mod..i was thinking what is missing from arma..hmmm then i thought about how much time i spend around big rigs in real life..and thought about how useful they are not only in real life but for arma aswell..so i desided to make a arma tractor trailer! and with help of my bud raptor 6 actual..we made this...its a us military tractor trailer..made from a m235 cab(5ton) with a flatbed. i came up with the idea of useing the 5ton as the cap because in mine and raptor 6's experance in the military..we have seen these in real life..and me knowing alot about tractor trailers and working with them all day..i know abit about how they work, what they look like and all that good stuff! so from pics we found on the internet, we started to make the modified m235 cab(which in real life..and like mine are just the frame of a m235(5ton) put on a standard peterbuilt(or other type of civy truck) drivetrain...or what ever that stuff is called! so last nite we spent the time by modeling these to the best we could here is what we have so far(pic below)!

Pics:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/nat...731e1b67612.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/nat...445df66553a.png

current status:

its ingame..but with no aniamations(no turning or wheel movements)
we plan to make many versions..the first 2 being a flatbed and boxbed trucks..but armed and uparmored versions will follow..including different types of trailer...in camos and greens..and maby for a few different countrys

things needed done:

.we need someone to animate it and make it turn where the trailor and cab connect! @Gnat this is all you buddy..only your alsome skills can save this!

.some new textures are needed for the flatbed, and boxbed trailors(needs re-uvmaped...to make the trailor have its own textures, but i cant uvmap yet)

.need help with making newer and different types of trailer...like the newer type of "lowboy" trailers.

.needs scripts to hold cargo..like tanks and so on!

.and much more to come as this progresses

now i can do most of this but with low standards as im still not that good yet! but anyone willing to help please contact one of us asap. i hope to make this into something the whole comunity will enjoy

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 18 2009, 19:13
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

If you're having difficulty trying to articulate the cabin and trailer, there was a good addon for OFP of a civilian truck with this feature, you could try converting the script smile.gif
It'll probably be easier than trying to animate it, and won't have have as many bugs...

Link: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7516

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
soldier2390
post Nov 18 2009, 19:56
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,326

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Nov 18 2009, 14:13) *
If you're having difficulty trying to articulate the cabin and trailer, there was a good addon for OFP of a civilian truck with this feature, you could try converting the script smile.gif
It'll probably be easier than trying to animate it, and won't have have as many bugs...

Link: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7516

thanks bud, i have someone already looking into this, but thanks if we have problems we will try your idea, thanks for the advice and support!

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:35