IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Unsung Vietnam War Mod, Don’t just play it… Live it!
Warrior X™
post Feb 8 2009, 13:31
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 424

As we had a lot of vid's show some fog and the ground turned white then, here's a vid for you guys without that nasty foggy white snowy ground wink.gif

Vietcong on patrol in daylight, Ngok Tavak island.

I get a severe case of schrapnel poisoning in this one. biggrin.gif

@Wipman,

The shouts are still WIP. And well, have the infantry go down to ground or not is really a mission makers choice. The recoil also still WIP. Delicate fine tuning all of it wink.gif

--------------------
In the end it was no longer important who was right or who was wrong. It was the fact who shot to kill first. Who spotted the other one first out there in the boonies and who was faster on the trigger. You didn't kill because you hated the enemy, you killed so you and your buddies next to you would survive....

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Marko112
post Feb 10 2009, 18:41
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 4,346

Looks very amazing w00t.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Mar 13 2009, 11:00
Post #43

Quoting Sgt Savage from our BIS forum thread:

Ok Sitrep...

We have been a bit quiet of late the reason is we are still tying up the loose ends. The config is giving us grief at the moment its basically the LAST hurdle we have before release. SO... that being said we are looking for a master config writer to tune up and correct the config issues. We need someone experienced and talented to join the team or just help out so we can kick this bad boy out the door for all u mugs to enjoy. Please PM me if you are interested in helping out. Please no time wasters we wanna get this done.

Sav

You can contact him through his BIS forum profile, see here: Click here

--------------------
In the end it was no longer important who was right or who was wrong. It was the fact who shot to kill first. Who spotted the other one first out there in the boonies and who was faster on the trigger. You didn't kill because you hated the enemy, you killed so you and your buddies next to you would survive....

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post May 9 2009, 10:05
Post #44

Quoting Sgt. Savage from our BIS forum thread:

Sitrep,

We have come to our final internal test before we release to the public guys, not long now naughty.gif
The massive task of bringing this project to ARMA is nearing the end FINALLY!!!. Time to empty the sand out of your boots and have a break from the hot dry desert, and look forward to insect bites, tinea,foot rot, malaria, monsoon rains and maybe some VD if your not careful ohmy.gif

Sav

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Wittmann
post May 10 2009, 17:10
Post #45

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

Warrior X, you are the sex. Have my babies.

But on a serious note I look forward to this, I loved the Unsung demo for OFP and it resulted in the best MP Nam games I had outside of a clan assembled Australian focused XDF OFP Nam mod with ECP. Hope you still have the features that made Unsung what it was; beautiful environments, well rendered weapons and units and of course jamming, long patrols and tension wink.gif

Bring on a walk in the light green and some close combat.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post May 10 2009, 21:02
Post #46

QUOTE(Wittmann @ May 10 2009, 18:10) *
Warrior X, you are the sex. Have my babies.

Crickey! No more cambodian red for you! boppin2.gif

QUOTE(Wittmann @ May 10 2009, 18:10) *
Hope you still have the features that made Unsung what it was; beautiful environments, well rendered weapons and units and of course jamming, long patrols and tension wink.gif

Bring on a walk in the light green and some close combat.

Well, we tried to get the nice jungle we had. Think we have it pretty much covered. Haven't seen anything like it yet around. Weaponry is newly made, yours to judge on when we release them along with the units. About the jamming, we had it in for some time in the beta's but then we decided to refine it some more so it will not be in this first release as we want to make it better and are not satisfied with it yet.
Long patrols.... aye.... buzz...buzzz...the sound of death and charlie is out there...somehwere in all that green. weirdsmiley.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
bulkington80
post May 16 2009, 19:45
Post #47

Member No.: 5,468

It would be great to see some of that "Weaponry newly made", especially the Stoner MG!

--------------------
Good guys play ArmA-1

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post May 17 2009, 11:48
Post #48

QUOTE(bulkington80 @ May 16 2009, 20:45) *
It would be great to see some of that "Weaponry newly made", especially the Stoner MG!

EUhm yah. The Stoner will not be in our first release. But most likely will be in our second release. Our first release will be only the standard basic weaponry used like M16, Car15, M14, M60, SKS, AK47, RPD and some others.
R1 (Release 1) will also just have standard units for now like NVA, VC, SF. And 2 islands. One small one and one big one. So people with lesser machines can enjoy getting killed....errr playing in the jungle as well. And i can say that to survive out there, you really need to apply jungle warfare rules. For example: do not stand up in contacts, do not run through the jungle, do not attract attention to you and your team mates, do not stand in clearings, watch your six, watch your field of fire! To name a few boppin2.gif Most contacts in the jungle occur from 50-150 away. And that's pretty hairy. Most of the times when ya think "hey let's use a grenade on these suckers." and pull one out, they are already so close on you that when you throw it they can already punch you in the nose. So pretty hairy.

Guess i gave you more info then what you asked for lol Ah screw it tiredsmiley.gif

Malajn.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post May 17 2009, 21:06
Post #49

Okay found a small vid i still had on my HD. So uploaded and it's yours to watch.
It shows a small firefight. Make sure to watch on high res.

Small firefight vid.

Oh and i used all low settings just to show to people how it will look on utter low settings (for people with less capable machines). rolleyes.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Jun 5 2009, 23:29
Post #50

Well lookey here... This just got released... naughty.gif

Clickey me then

yammer.gif

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
{G&L}ACF{SCOTDG}
post Jun 5 2009, 23:52
Post #51

Member No.: 5,798

3 words Oh My God lol

Quote Post
DAMIEN
post Jun 6 2009, 10:56
Post #52

Member No.: 256

unplayble for me, ALL soldiers bugs (skeleton, textures, etc...)

http://www2.noelshack.com/uploads/arma2009...23-98036550.jpg glare.gif
http://www2.noelshack.com/uploads/arma2009...23-95046104.jpg puking2.gif
http://www2.noelshack.com/uploads/arma2009...07-37000592.jpg rofl.gif

I play in 1.14 and with Queen's Gambit, If i play without queen's gambit, same bug...

My config: GTS250, INTEL Q8200, 2gb ram dual channel, wingay xp SP3, original arma, no problem with all others mod and addons.

This post has been edited by DAMIEN: Jun 6 2009, 11:43

--------------------
IPB Image

Quote Post
kennedy
post Jun 6 2009, 16:48
Post #53

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(DAMIEN @ Jun 6 2009, 09:56) *
unplayble for me, ALL soldiers bugs (skeleton, textures, etc...)

http://www2.noelshack.com/uploads/arma2009...23-98036550.jpg glare.gif
http://www2.noelshack.com/uploads/arma2009...23-95046104.jpg puking2.gif
http://www2.noelshack.com/uploads/arma2009...07-37000592.jpg rofl.gif

I play in 1.14 and with Queen's Gambit, If i play without queen's gambit, same bug...

My config: GTS250, INTEL Q8200, 2gb ram dual channel, wingay xp SP3, original arma, no problem with all others mod and addons.

No problems at all for me, most up to date version and good specs. Perhaps a bad download?

Good looking mod. Islands are a little slow loading for me and perhaps you just sense a slight slow down given the amount of stuff there - but then that's my laptop for you!

I'm looking forward to regular American ground troops, tripwires/booby traps/non-scripted bombs, and general chit chatter between troops in the next release! This is an excellent Alpha for me, without many of the bugs one would normally expect in an Alpha.

The engagements are nice a long too, I found in the jungle with 5 special forces against 5 VC, and we fought about 100-120 meters maximum from each other, and sometimes as close as five meters! The battle took about five minutes, largely consisting of myself and team mates flooding the foliage with weapons fire. Often found the VC moving around behind me, and slipping past me - and my team mates shooting them down next to me without me noticing.

Helicopters are also good. I like the radio chatter, and hope such background atmosphere is going to be included when walking near to RTO officers and general ground troops. I think the jungle foliage is very good and detailed also, though you could perhaps benefit from another look at the OFP Unsung mod, where simplicity and modding skill were joined with even more success.

The weapons are also good - I love the M16, the way it feels and the recoil and sound is excellent. The CAR is also an enjoyable weapon. I feel the M60's sounds run over each other a little, perhaps a shorter sound clip would allow it to sound like it is flowing more rather than as if the game is freezing slightly - same with the NVA/VC machine guns. I like the tracers and muzzle flash.

All in all, enjoyable. This little Alpha has replaced the full CSLA as my most played Mod, or at least it will do. I look forward to more!

Quote Post
kennedy
post Jun 6 2009, 19:59
Post #54

One point, there appears to be a config error regarding claymores and placing ammo boxes on maps, which stops such boxes being placed.

Trying the helicopters now, flying over a besieged SF camp gunning down the VC in support of it, you can see the empty cartridges flying out from the air craft as it goes along, in a big stream, which is cool. I was reaching to take a screenshot of it when an RPG hit our tail and he crashed into a tree biggrin.gif

Still, great AI as well. Was impressed with the navigation of the bunkers. In the central bunker of the SF base on the incountry map, I was shot by some VC who came tearing in, and during the post-death video I saw some VC climbing up the ladder and running around the roof.

Quote Post
kennedy
post Jun 7 2009, 11:48
Post #55

Oh, there is also an issue with the craters on the maps, where the player vibrates up and down when standing on them.

Quote Post
kennedy
post Jun 7 2009, 16:24
Post #56

It is RAINING!

Quote Post
CSJ
post Jun 8 2009, 02:05
Post #57

Member No.: 1,076

Thanks for comments,
it is good to see at this early stage of development that the comments are encouraging.
Any bugs, problems or suggestions that are within our AO will be looked at and action taken
to fix or improve.

--------------------

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Jun 8 2009, 13:36
Post #58

The Unsung Mod is on a wide scale recruitment offensive for Armed Assault.
After our freshly released Alpha we now want to steam ahead to our next release.
But to get it done, we need a lot more help. We need you!

We need help in all fields of expertise. We need: Configgers, Moddelers, Scripters,
Sound editors, Texturers, Animators, Island builders and Mission makers.

Do you have allready some knowledge in any of the above fields and are interested in
the Vietnam war like we are and feel you could be of help? Do reply in our recruitment
thread on OFPNAM.com: click here.

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post
CSJ
post Jun 27 2009, 03:13
Post #59

Member No.: 1,076

The Unsung is proud the present The Lowlands. This "new" island is a cut down version of In Country, made to make the the mod more playable for the players out there with lower spec computers. A single player mission is included. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD - Unsung : LowLands (v 1.0) - [47 MB]

DOWNLOAD - UNS_SP_Camp_Patrol_North - [3 MB]

--------------------

Quote Post
Warrior X™
post Aug 26 2009, 10:24
Post #60

Missions pack available for ArmA 1. Due to work moving to the ArmA II area, these will be the last done for ArmA 1.

The pack includes 7 missions out of which 5 patrol missions for 12 players and 2 clearing missions for 20 players. Drop the files into your ArmA/MPmissions folder and play. Needed for the missions are Unsung R1 Alpha release and Lowlands island for ArmA 1. Download links added into a readme file within the missions pack.

Temporary link here: Click me

--------------------

I AM BECOME DEATH

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:55