Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ArmA2 SLA pack V0.9
D@V£
post Oct 19 2009, 18:45
Post #21

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Time for a quick update! And some fun!

Lets play, guess the gun! These new guns will be used in the next update! Here's what we've got;

(nb, as the first is an exported model, I want the export designation, I'm still undecided on the M203, it's possible I'll include one with a GP25 as well... and anyone who says "AK47" is going to suffer, a lot.)

And here's some more difficult ones (well... the first isn't) if you're some kind of supergunbuffmunn. They'll be included in the next update, but won't be used by the SLA;

(I've just noticed that one of the second could be an M4, so erm... just accept that it isn't! biggrin.gif Also, the STANAG magazine on the second to last is a placeholder, it'll use a proper Kalashnikov style magazine in the final version)

(With 5, I'll accept any of the 3)

Finally, here's a WIP of the BMP1P; (there might be more variants if I can work out this modelling thing)

(In Chedaki colours for the p3d, ingame it'll be available in CDF, NAPA, ChDKZ and SLA colours. Possibly even Russian, but don't quote me on that.)

Heh. Posting pictures of guns and whatnot taken in buldozer... who do I think I am? Vilas? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by D@V£: Oct 19 2009, 21:29

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Oct 31 2009, 15:28
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

A bit late here, but it's great to see that your work is coming nicely, can't wait to see more ! thumbsup.gif

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 31 2009, 17:29
Post #23

Group Icon

Thanks, here's a better picture of the BMP1, this time in CDF colours (Maa and Vilas provided good degree of criticism in the BI Forums thread, so it looks a lot more like a BMP1 now)

(Bear in mind, this is still a WIP picture, so there are several inconsistencies)

For those interested, the weapons pictured:
1. AIM-74/AIMS-74 with AG-40 Grenade Launcher (export PA Md.86, versions with front grip will be included... yeah, I said M203 in the previous post, well... I was just testing! tongue.gif )
2. Vz.58 (A lil' boid told me this is going to be in Arrowhead, so it'll probably be axed)
3. AK-105 (also pictured with GP25)
4. AK-74M (not pictured, varients with PSO-1 scope. Will release a replacement pack for the AK107 once I work out a few model.cfg issues)
5. Diemaco C7A1, C7A2 and C8A1 (not pictured: Rear sights, optical sights)
6. Saiga Mk.01 (Civilian AK102)
7. SAMR

This post has been edited by D@V£: Nov 9 2009, 16:24

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Nov 5 2009, 04:37
Post #24

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

All post's digressing from the intent of the thread have been removed.

No more bickering, stay on topic.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 9 2009, 16:32
Post #25

Group Icon

Some more screenshots; (Taken on the beautiful Panthera island)

Marine Soldiers, added in next release

Desert Soldiers, added in next release

Naval Crewmen, added in next release (Argh! Bloom! They don't call them Hi-Vis vests for nothing! ohnoo.gif )

(You probably shouldn't dwell too much on why it's the same three people in every picture)

As always, if it's not released, I'm still working on it! While I appreciate the input of any bugs visible in these screens, bear in mind that if it's something outrageously obvious, there's a chance I'm already aware of it.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Nov 10 2009, 10:25
Post #26

Great work, it looks sexy, especialy these Marines and BMP 1 smile.gif

By the way, do you also work on some kind of "especas" ?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 10 2009, 14:59
Post #27

Group Icon

Especa's are included in the current release. They'll be largely unchanged in the next version. (Weapon loadout is going to be slightly different, they'll be using AK105s instead of AKS74Us)

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Nov 10 2009, 18:17
Post #28

What the .... weirdsmiley.gif Of course Especas are included in the present release, i really need to drink more coffee... But thanks, you answered to what i wanted to ask saying that they will be largely unchanged sweatingbullets.gif

Looking at your CDF BMP 1, may i resonnably think that you are going to bring some stuff to ArmA 2 "original" factions too, or has it to do with your work on textures ?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Nov 10 2009, 19:57
Post #29

Group Icon

ingame it'll be available in CDF, NAPA, ChDKZ and SLA colours. Possibly even Russian, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah, I just quoted myself saying "don't quote me". What's my past self gonna do? Build a time machine and come kick my ass? I'd like to see him try!

It's going to be set up in the same manner as the standard ArmA2 BMP-2, allowing for easy remapping using hidden selections (so, one model for each vehicle, as opposed to ArmA1 where there'd have to be one model for each skin). This also means that it'll be easy for other addon makers to add the BMP-1 to any faction that already has the BMP-2.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Nov 11 2009, 00:32
Post #30

weirdsmiley.gif I guess it's not my day today...

Anyway, thanks for responding me D@ve, best wishes for the work.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 19 2009, 19:31
Post #31

Group Icon

A slight update;

Just got off for Christmas! Yay! I'll see how much time I can put towards getting the updated troops and weapon pack released soon. (within the next 6 weeks or so)

For those interested, the next version will feature:
-A fix for the Mi-17 with rockets (I *think* this has been introduced with one of the beta patches, it wasn't there when I released the previous version and I haven't changed the skin at all)
-The previously pictured Marines
-The previously pictured Desert Soldiers (These are actually just a reskin of standard solders included for convenience)
-The previously pictured Navy Support personnel (as well as a few Navy Aircraft)
-The retexturing feature seen on Especas has been extended to all troops (By request)
-All new weapons, most noticeably the Romanian AIM-74 and variants (the stock has been completely reworked since those pictures), PSL and the AK105

I also want to include an ACE2 compatibility patch, I haven't fully tested the addon in ACE2, but I know there's going to be some issues with using it alongside ACEX that I'll want to get sorted.

The vehicle pack probably won't be coming out for a while though. Right now there's only one vehicle that's anywhere near finished, and that's suffering from two major bugs and I can't work out what's causing them. I may release it over 2010, but for now it's on the backburner while I work on projects that don't involve trying to fix bugs which don't appear to have any apparent solution. (Secret Projects!)

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
vilas
post Dec 20 2009, 11:53
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 937

you can easily do reskin to my BMP1, 2S1 and more vehicles to have own camo , now my addon works as "selection texture" , so you no need to care about "config, bugs,normalmapping, specular maps"

hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo01", "Camo02", ...};
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\my_addon\bmp2_01_co.paa", "\my_addon\bmp2_02_co.paa", ...};

so you can have for your addon BMP1 in some minutes/hours depending on texture work

This post has been edited by vilas: Dec 20 2009, 11:54

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 20 2009, 17:09
Post #33

Group Icon

Cool, I was just going to ask you about that! tongue.gif

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Dec 23 2009, 13:53
Post #34

Great news D@ve, and great to see cooperation between addonmakers smile.gif

Keep up the good work !

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 2 2010, 17:06
Post #35

Group Icon

Desert units are almost completed. Just got a few more skins to do. Here's some pictures, I didn't want to edit them because they always end up looking like crap if I do, so here they are in super quality uneditedness. So if you've got some kinda super computer this is what it'll look like ingame. For me however, these were taken at around 2fps tongue.gif

Pictures also contain the amazing Isla Duala, by IceBreakr and schnapsdrossel's Middle Eastern Resistance (included in his mercenary pack)
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes01.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes02.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes03.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes04.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes05.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes06.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes07.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes08.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes09.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes10.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dak...es/SLADes11.jpg

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Jan 2 2010, 19:18
Post #36

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

I might actually have to download these at some point mightn't I?

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
GI-JoE
post Jan 5 2010, 18:39
Post #37

Looks very nice D@ve, keep up the good work ! smile.gif

Quote Post
Banderas
post Feb 1 2010, 22:41
Post #38

Member No.: 5,475

Hey I'm really not into the spamming business, sorry for doing that now, but how's the work progressing? We haven't heard about yoou in a while...

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 1 2010, 23:04
Post #39

Group Icon

Delayed, slightly. I don't want to say it'll be released "soon", but it might wink.gif

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 15 2010, 10:21
Post #40

Group Icon

Preliminary Release Coming Soon - Watch this space
(Preliminary because there's still a few issues, but I'm kinda running out of modding steam here, so a final release may still be way off)

I have to go somewhere in about 10 minutes, so I can't upload it now (that'll take ~45 minutes), should be able to do that in ~2hr or so. So, yeah, ~3hrs until release. Feel free to countdown if that's the sort of thing you guys enjoy doing.

This is preliminary release! While everything is working, there are a few minor issues that are proving difficult to solve, or I simply can't find time to fix. That said, it's tidier than a lot of "finished" addons. But, if you demand a absolute perfection, wait until the final release.

Link: http://www.filefront.com/15590781/HSO_ArmA2_SLA_R2_PRELIM.7z

Contains: ArmA 2 weapons pack, SLA Infantry pack*

(*This has vehicles in it, the reasons it's called "Infantry Pack" is because it's only got Infantry Models in it, the vehicles are just reskins of BIS vehicles, there was originally going to be a vehicle pack, containing new vehicles, but it never really got off the ground... more accurately, it exploded in the hanger.)

Known Bugs

Weapon Pack:
-Bolt Animations don't work (Anyone got an example of how to make this work? I can't seem to work it out sad.gif )
-Some Shadow issues
-Lots of mess in the PBO (shouldn't affect game play too much, but it does increase the size for no real reason, I'd rather make everything usable then delete it.. except the Laser gun. That'll never be usable. ArmA.2 can't handle such madness!)

Infantry Pack:
-FFW textures (and pretty much everything else about them) are a bit iffy right now. Not really a bug, but I will make them better in the final R2 release.
-Some clipping issues with equipment
-Jet pilot looks really sh*tty from some angles

This post has been edited by D@V£: Feb 15 2010, 13:18
Reason for edit: Updates!

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 23:59