4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wrzesien 1939, Polish September 1939 Campaign
Bastian
post Apr 10 2008, 04:23
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,092

I have to agree, especially seeing that the air forces will be involved.

I probably missed this earlier, but what region will you be focusing on in particular?
Eventually, will you include non-official combat units such as Polish resistance saboteurs and Heimwehr Danzig? I understand it is still probably too early to say..

This post has been edited by Bastian: Apr 10 2008, 04:27

Quote Post
Jaksa
post Apr 10 2008, 15:33
Post #42

Member No.: 2,644

@ {KSK.4/Z}Fwbl.Stahlschmiedt - go to our www, there is much more weapons. few still comes from ofp, the rest is refreshed (or will be).

@Bastian - are you asking about region of Poland represented on our island? If yes, we don't know yet. Any suggestions will be very welcome.

We are planning "non regular" units,but in next stage, because we need normal infantry to be done for first. In war in Poland both sides involved saboteurs, long recon and commando units, especialy Germans. Units like Selbstschutz, Edelweiss (Brandenburgers), Dywersja Pozafrontowa - are nice missions themes.
The Heimehr Danzig was quite regular SS unit, that means they were looks like normal SS, accept a sleeve strip with unit name. So i'm not shure, it's good idea to make all sleeve stripes (Grossdeutchland, Legion Condor, Germania, Der Fuhrer, LSSAH and others). But the w39 is for players, so any suggestions will be very welcome.

This post has been edited by Jaksa: Apr 10 2008, 15:45

--------------------

Quote Post
{KSK.4/Z}Fwbl.Stahlschmiedt
post Apr 10 2008, 20:56
Post #43

Member No.: 2,224

Yeah I'll check it out.

You guys should consider working with the Czecho-Slovak mod on some things. I know that Slovakian troops invaded Poland from the south and actually gained some territory and towns after the campaign ended. Not sure if that's a priority for your mod, but the community (mabye even myself) could make a mission or two for that.

--------------------
106-я гвардейская Тульская воздушно-десантная дивизия
Kapitan Ivan Mikhailov

Quote Post
Jaksa
post Apr 11 2008, 06:51
Post #44

We are working together with ACSR mod biggrin.gif for quite long time, from ofp time. Look at our signatures.

--------------------

Quote Post
petr.t.lbc
post Apr 11 2008, 08:13
Post #45

Member No.: 970

QUOTE(Jaksa @ Apr 11 2008, 07:51) *
We are working together with ACSR mod biggrin.gif for quite long time, from ofp time. Look at our signatures.

rolleyes.gif Yeah, from July 2006 biggrin.gif ... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

"O hranice se nejedna, o hranice se strili. T.G.M"

Quote Post
{KSK.4/Z}Fwbl.Stahlschmiedt
post Apr 12 2008, 04:42
Post #46

Member No.: 2,224

Ah nice, never really bothered to look until now.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

This post has been edited by {KSK.4/Z}Fwbl.Stahlschmiedt: Apr 12 2008, 04:43

--------------------
106-я гвардейская Тульская воздушно-десантная дивизия
Kapitan Ivan Mikhailov

Quote Post
Bastian
post Apr 12 2008, 05:15
Post #47

That's great to hear! I understand that it's the priority to create regular infantry first, but I appreciate that you'll look into creating different units once those are done. The role of the saboteur/partisan has always been an important one on both sides of the war, especially in Poland. In regards to the Heimwehr Danzig, I understand what you mean about fitting in all the different German units, so no worries.
The one reason why I did mention them however is that they could be considered the forerunners to the 3rd SS-Totenkopf division, which were to gain infamy both as a tough and bloodied unit and as having committed war crimes.
The mod is definitely coming along quite well. I am especially happy to see the Luftwaffe as well as Polish Airforce, both of which I never expected to take shape in simulator outside of strictly air combat.
Good job smile.gif

Edit: The one thing you may consider for German Selbstschutz units and other of the type would be headgear. They could have M35 helmets, but also could have worn older style German helmets and caps.

This post has been edited by Bastian: Apr 12 2008, 05:17

Quote Post
Jaksa
post Apr 12 2008, 12:29
Post #48

QUOTE(petr.t.lbc @ Apr 11 2008, 09:13) *
rolleyes.gif Yeah, from July 2006 biggrin.gif ... rolleyes.gif

absolutely right biggrin.gif

about special units: i've got few photos of Selbstschutz '39, were the members wears civil cloths with red armstripe + swastika, or SA uniforms. But old M16 helmets and older style weapons is good idea for that units. For Edelweiss commandos i'm planning civil cloths, or... polish uniforms, which they were used in some actions in fact.

about SS units: the second (in)famous unit was Germania SS- Regiment, who ran away from battlefield attacked by one polish company. As a punishment all promotions was banned, and sleeve stripe with unit name as well, for two years, as i remember. So, we'll see, what to do with those stripes. The job is simple, and question is: do we need so many units in editor?

And thanks for all good words smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jaksa: Apr 12 2008, 12:31

--------------------

Quote Post
Bastian
post Apr 12 2008, 18:22
Post #49

That sounds like an ideal plan for the special units, the only difference being for the units wearing SA-type uniforms as I know there was a 'chapter' based out of Danzig. As for the SS, you could create just one or two of the units, if anything it'd be up to the individual user on changing to other insignia.

By chance, why did you choose to work on the Bf-109 D rather than the E version? Dora had quite a time in the skies over Spain but I thought that by the outbreak of the war in 1939 the Es have succeded the Ds?

This post has been edited by Bastian: Apr 17 2008, 02:28

Quote Post
Thach Peter
post Jul 25 2008, 09:50
Post #50

Member No.: 3,728

Any more new? sad.gif

--------------------

"O hranice se nejedna, o hranice se strili. T.G.M"

Quote Post
Model39
post Sep 1 2008, 17:59
Post #51

Member No.: 1,293

In the day of 69 th anniversary of the german attack on Poland on September 1939 we are presenting gallery showing work in progress on polish soldier from beginning of WW2.
3d mesh and normalmap is almost ready, Texture is still template and will be done by Model.
Lowpoly mesh is modified ARMA soldier. Modification was made by Jaksa.
Highpoly mesh was made by Izabela Kus (many thanks to Iza for awesome work! )

More screens on our www: http://w39.armacenter.pl Feel free to comment.

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 1 2008, 18:29
Post #52

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

Those pictures look like they were made in another program, and not O2/Bulldozer. Is that correct?

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Model39
post Sep 2 2008, 16:52
Post #53

Member No.: 1,293

Model 3d lowpoly were modified in o2. Highpoly were creare in zbrush. thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 2 2008, 18:45
Post #54

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(Model39 @ Sep 2 2008, 17:52) *
Model 3d lowpoly were modified in o2. Highpoly were creare in zbrush. thumbsup.gif

That's not what I asked. What I asked was in which program the pictures were taken, because if they were not taken in O2, Bulldozer or ingame, we cannot post them in the news.

--------------------

Quote Post
Yac
post Sep 3 2008, 08:25
Post #55

Group Icon

Group: User Banned
Member No.: 969

because if they were not taken in O2, Bulldozer or ingame, we cannot post them in the news.
Why? Show me where it is in the rules. You write some nonsense, otherwise there would be no such news like this http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat...008&month=1

This post has been edited by Yac: Sep 3 2008, 08:37

--------------------

Quote Post
Avalla'ch
post Sep 3 2008, 09:11
Post #56

He's called 'Fingers' Vagin. Cute name.

Member No.: 213

but isnt that picture taken at Rommel's render map ?

--------------------
Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details. - BG2
Formerly known as Salvatore_Lee© (In nomine Memory! and Rot In Pieces!)

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 3 2008, 11:44
Post #57

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(Yac @ Sep 3 2008, 09:25) *
Why? Show me where it is in the rules. You write some nonsense, otherwise there would be no such news like this http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat...008&month=1

It is on of our internal rules for newsposting. Whenever it is in doubt what program a picture was taken in, we ask the creator/poster. What you linked to is the rendering map that was released by someone a while ago, it's just bulldozer with parts of an inverted white box.

Furthermore if you accuse someone of posting nonsense, or question the integrity of any part of this site's staff every again, you might not be able to access the site for a while.

--------------------

Quote Post
Jaksa
post Sep 3 2008, 13:24
Post #58

QUOTE(JdB @ Sep 2 2008, 19:45) *
That's not what I asked. What I asked was in which program the pictures were taken, because if they were not taken in O2, Bulldozer or ingame, we cannot post them in the news.

Which part of Forum Rules was broken exactly? Show me please, so it will be fixed.

what about:
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1091
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1033

an interviews with BIS team are not taken in buldozer, i think...

pictures above comes from zbrush (the red ones) and 3dmax

--------------------

Quote Post
Yac
post Sep 3 2008, 14:07
Post #59

Group Icon

Group: User Banned
Member No.: 969

Furthermore if you accuse someone of posting nonsense, or question the integrity of any part of this site's staff every again, you might not be able to access the site for a while.

Oooo - already I am afraid. biggrin.gif
Very pleased me that the moderator is breaking the rules of discussion. It is not the first time you give a sign with you as the moderator of the goat ass trumpet. And the attempt to scare me answer only one. Kiss my sexy ass - This is just the answer to your intellectual level. Well - I am waiting now for bans. For me it has already promised, user
do not have a right tongue.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 3 2008, 14:34
Post #60

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(Jaksa @ Sep 3 2008, 14:24) *
Which part of Forum Rules was broken exactly? Show me please, so it will be fixed.

what about:
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1091
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1033

an interviews with BIS team are not taken in buldozer, i think...

pictures above comes from zbrush (the red ones) and 3dmax

I said that it was our internal regulations on newsposting that he broke (or rather refused to answer), I never mentioned the forum rules.

"Mustang60348 created 2 video tutorials showing how to prepare 3D Studio Max models in order to import them into Oxygen²."
Means to an end, when posting about a tutorial on how to import from 3DS MAX to O2, it's pretty hard not to post a picture of MAX, since the tutorial is about going from MAX to O2, the second link is a project logo, which can be anything that is not considered offensive. Pointing to what you think are other people's mistakes doesn't excuse someone's behaviour.

Thank you, that was all I needed to know.

As for Yac, his wish has been granted. He can now show off his intellectual brilliance in an English class.

If anyone wants to discuss the forum moderating, they can do so through PM.

--------------------

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 18:29