IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ACE2 & CBA modfolders: not working?, I DID follow the instructions in the ACE page!
SGJackson
post May 28 2010, 19:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,651

Hi all!

I'd just installed the ACE2 from Armaholic.com with the ACEX too...
The modfolders that they recommend to use don't work..
Neither any other modfolder i'd made...

These are the instructions that i understand i have to use:

1º: create a folder (already created in the .Zip of ace) @ACE in your ArmA2 original path: C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE
2º: your ArmA2 shortcut should look like this after adding the line "-mod=@CBA; @ACE" to your shortcut destination: "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA; @ACE
3º: in the store folder, insite the ACE one (C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\store\userconfig.rar), unrar the archive 'userconfig.rar' in your ArmA2 original path folder (C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig).
4º: open the game and... Ta-Da?

Nothing happened... It opened normal ArmA2 with normal stuff...

The ONLY thing that makes me doubt.. REALLY doubt, 'cause i don't belive it's relevant, is that i copied the folder userconfig.rar and then unrar it.. so now i have the archive 'userconfig.rar' inside the already mentioned store folder (it's RARed, it's not UNRARed) and the UNRARed one inside the also mentined ArmA2 original path folder... It's not relevant for me but... you'll say wink.gif

Meanwhile i'ma try the old one... copy the 1651641168415 addons of ACE2 and ACEX into the AddOns folder of ArmA2 and eliminate them once i'm not using 'em.. (eliminate the copied of course ¬¬)

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards, SGJackson!

Quote Post
AZCoder
post May 29 2010, 01:14
Post #2

Member No.: 7,654

Personally I use SixUpdater
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?gam...ities&id=78

It builds the mod folders for you and have had no problems running ACE this way. There are also other mods and maps that can be installed with this tool, it's very nice.

Also I recommend using a loader program for Arma, it makes mods way too easy. There are a few out there, personally I use this one: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?gam...ities&id=74
It has a ton of options, but mostly I like being able to group my mods (I run a ton of them).

Quote Post
SGJackson
post May 29 2010, 01:36
Post #3

I've downloaded sixupdater already... i don't see no .exe or anything i could use :S

Quote Post
AZCoder
post May 29 2010, 06:16
Post #4

Member No.: 7,654

QUOTE(SGJackson @ May 28 2010, 17:36) *
I've downloaded sixupdater already... i don't see no .exe or anything i could use :S

It should appear under All Programs on Win7, look for SIX, and find Six Updater GUI. It installs Ruby and will open a web page running off your computer that interfaces with a host.

Quote Post
SGJackson
post May 29 2010, 16:50
Post #5

Uhg... I searched it on my PC and i have no folder/archive named Win7!

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 22:59