Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems loading Steam version of Arma2 with ACE
PacifistRambo
post Apr 17 2011, 17:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

I have the Steam version of Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead bought as Combined Operations. I have installed Ace, the 3 variations of ACEX and CBA, and Arma2 Launcher by Spirited Machine. When I use Arma2 Launcher I get the message 'Addon Extended Event Handlers' requires addon CA_modules_Alice2.' Then when the game has nearly loaded I get the error message 'no entry for bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EPI.scope.' I have tried searching for the answer but no joy. Sometimes there aare links to downloads but sometimes eg to dev-heaven.net they are dead. Any ideas please?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Apr 17 2011, 19:37
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Those errors look like your modloader is just starting Vanilla ArmA2, not OA. Try starting up CO from the steam gameslist, then activating ACE using the expansions submenu.

It could also be being caused by an incorrect installation of cba. If you've got CO, you should only have the @cba modfolder, if you've got the @cba_oa modfolder as well, you should delete it (this is for users that only have OA)

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
PacifistRambo
post Apr 18 2011, 20:44
Post #3

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Apr 17 2011, 19:37) *
Those errors look like your modloader is just starting Vanilla ArmA2, not OA. Try starting up CO from the steam gameslist, then activating ACE using the expansions submenu.

It could also be being caused by an incorrect installation of cba. If you've got CO, you should only have the @cba modfolder, if you've got the @cba_oa modfolder as well, you should delete it (this is for users that only have OA)

Thanks for that. I tried what you said but could not see any expansions submenu. ACE was loading - I was using Arma2 Launcher. I did only have the @cba modfolder but I tried adding the A2 version of CBA and ended up with one less error message and a different one than before - it is Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon CA_PMC. Do you know what that might indicate?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Apr 18 2011, 23:16
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Well, everything is suggesting you've not got OA running. Can you see Takistan in the islands list? (when you start the editor) If not, then that's definitely the issue.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
PacifistRambo
post Apr 19 2011, 23:23
Post #5

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Apr 18 2011, 23:16) *
Well, everything is suggesting you've not got OA running. Can you see Takistan in the islands list? (when you start the editor) If not, then that's definitely the issue.

Thanks for that. I found I had to update using Steam - Combined Operations and also do some more research on Six Updater and use the CO option on Spirited Machine's Arma2 Launcher. Then everything worked. I hadn't realized how much Steam would complicate things and will bear this in mind in the future.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:57