Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Server problems since patch v1.02, dplay disabled and console disappears
Victor Farbau
post Dec 17 2006, 15:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 464

Hello there,

I wonder if anybody else witnessed the same problems. I upgraded my server pc to AA v1.02 to use it with the dedicated server. I always used the same command line switch for that server since my OFP times:

CODE

ArmA_Server.exe -config=sample.cfg -port=2302 -dplay

The "sample.cfg" at this moment pretty much only contains the password and server name. No custom missions added yet.

Problem 1 is that the server won't accept the "dplay" commandline parameter anymore. It did so in v1.01 still. Now the server always runs on port 2302 but with sockets. Is that a feature or a bug?

Problem 2 is that the server now has problems starting MP missions. Where as the same missions worked fine with v1.01, a 06-Coop-Seize the base for example always leads to this:
a. Server accepts choice and loads the mission
b. Server closes its console window
c. Server consumes 100% CPU time but does not respond to external commands anymore (like "monitor", "missions" or similar).
d. I did load the server without any switches or config file - same behaviour

Anybody observed the same behaviour? I really wouldn't know why my server went wild all of a sudden. It has served well for OFP and AA up until v1.01. I tend to blame the update but I am open to any thoughts...

Victor F

Quote Post
=Armatec=
post Jan 1 2007, 14:29
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 512

with direct play i need also the ip as well as port you could always use this tool at http://armatechsquad.com/index.php

--------------------
IT's JUST A GAME!! NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 15:55