Guests cannot vote 
Cervo
post Feb 8 2009, 11:39
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

So far, do you think you will you buy Arma 2 or not ?

--------------------

Quote Post
d@nte
post Feb 8 2009, 12:05
Post #2

head in the stars

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

i voted: probably not.

however if the critics are good, i could change one's mind

This post has been edited by d@nte: Feb 8 2009, 12:14

--------------------

Un ali mat zo mat bepred Ha pa ve digant ur sot e ve

(Good advice is always good, even though it comes from an idiot).

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Feb 8 2009, 12:11
Post #3

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

I voted probably yes. I like what I've seen as a game not as a dedicated successor to ArmA I. We'll see if it's any good...

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
Rewan
post Feb 8 2009, 12:28
Post #4

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Beast of War
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 12

Voted Yes.

Well, I trust BIS... I may be stupid but I really do trust them...

--------------------
This is my totaly useless signature

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 8 2009, 16:58
Post #5

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

Definitely yes.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Alpha125
post Feb 8 2009, 21:40
Post #6

Member No.: 2,720

I voted "depends on ratings". If the second version of ArmA is as bugged as the first one, and we have to wait a year for patches, like we did with ArmA I, i will probably buy the game when it is ready, not when it is published.

Quote Post
Toadball
post Feb 8 2009, 21:42
Post #7

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

Not fussed to be honest, theres no harm in trying it. Said probably yes because I like playing MP on BI games.

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Feb 9 2009, 00:41
Post #8

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

Vote "Yes, 100% sure !" .... what else ?

biggrin.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Feb 9 2009, 10:51
Post #9

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

Voted : Yes 100% sure but I'm not sure if I will get it immediately after the release. Depends on my cash and if the game has many bugs (which I doubt)

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Feb 9 2009, 13:49
Post #10

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Depends if I can run it... will wait for demo, otherwise I'll have to upgrade my PC a bit more... though I actually might be able to run it better than the original... this duel-core thingy is confusing the f*ck out of me. (My complete lack of computer knowledge probably doesn't help either...)

How long before we can get organic processor units? I can think of a few people who could put their brains to better use... literally! ohnoo.gif

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Feb 9 2009, 17:48
Post #11

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

I voted "Yes, 100% sure !", I will buy it, but I will not play it for a few months until the biggest bugs are ironed out, and people have had a chance to post their findings with regards to different systems (since I am planning to buy a new pc).

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
communistbastard
post Feb 10 2009, 08:10
Post #12

Member No.: 1,086

I voted maybe based on magazine/website reviews but most likely will be based on people like you guys reviews/experiences!

Quote Post
Marko112
post Feb 10 2009, 18:39
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 4,346

Duh ofcourse i voted "YES" thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
OFP_TrenchNinja
post Mar 9 2009, 18:36
Post #14

Member No.: 1,310

I would love to support BIS, but I have to agree with this comment I saw on youtube.

It seemed like Arma was a great GRAPHICAL update to OFP which required my purchase of lots of expensive hardware to run. After doing so, I was disappointed with the gameplay mechanics, so I hope they stop working so hard on making Arma pretty for screenshots and take lots of time to make sure the game is fun to play. I'd love to be able to convince my friends to buy this game and have some great times on the battlefield with them, so I'm hopeful for this game to come out wonderful.

Oh and I voted that I would buy it if I liked the demo.

This post has been edited by OFP_TrenchNinja: Mar 9 2009, 18:37

Quote Post
W@rDog
post Jun 11 2009, 20:08
Post #15

Member No.: 645

Here too I will agree with OFP trench ninja.

Still play with OFP more than ARMA seeing as game play is so bad.

especially the retarded AI's.

Mostly sick of AI's detecting you when they can't see you! Just as your guys call what is over the hill....when you are leading the pack....and can't see a thing. IT is why the minute you pop your head out you get shot! Thought they can't see you they are already tracking your moves and know where you are going to come out. Especially can't stand being shot by AI's that shoot you through the walls!

Tha fact that the second you shoot from somewhere, ALL THE AI's and there mothers know where you shot from. Really great when you are in the dark and they have no night vision gogles!!!! And THERE IS A DIFFERENCE from being in a point of view, and actually being seen! BIS is going to have to work on percentages! IF I am in bushes....800 meters away....with along my path several other bushes and trees, the fact of actually being seen is next to ZERO!
In ARMA you can run through tree limbs hanging low thicker than your thighs....but...cannot push aside the teeny weeny little shrubs of bushes. Which make them inexistent!
I worked as a landscaper 1 yr ago, and once as a joke our whole team hid from our crew chief in the bushes, TORNED BUSHES!, 9 of us less than 10 meters away! couldn't see us and well let him go down the hill to look for us. SO in ARMA. Which they claim SO REALISTIC, is all but that. In fact realism in ARMA is about 1%.

Covert operations as in OFP are impossible in ARMA seeing as even shooting someone in one side of town with a silencer all the AI's on the other side of town are aware of it!

vehicules are uncontrollable even for the AI's. Choppers really suck compared to OFP. M113's ALWAYS turn over or do 1 mile jumps, BMPS too but a little less than the M113, but ridiculous just the same.

AIMING just sucks! sick & tired of shooting door/window frames- top of walls when I am aiming out or above them.

And I could go on & on & on & on about the bugs. SO if ARMA II is just 1% of what ARMA is, NO I will not buy till I try the game in demo first. And first reports are that it is WORSE than ARMA.

I too still play OFP more than ARMA, because less graphism is better than less gameplay.

This post has been edited by W@rDog: Jun 11 2009, 20:21

Quote Post
Toadball
post Jun 11 2009, 23:32
Post #16

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Member No.: 1,331

In short: Yes, but not right away.

In detail: Yes, but due to my current finances and the inclination to give my PC a bit of an upgrade (it's about a year old, needs a service if nothing else) I'll be waiting a bit, BIS have always released patches for this series so I have confidence in them releasing patches sufficient to fix any bugs they may have overlooked prior to release.
I'm not going to bother reading reviews or waiting for a demo as they put bias into an otherwise objective view one should take when playing any game for the first time.

At the end of the day, if your going to get so worked up about the possibility of bugs in a game's first release there is a very very simple solution, do not buy the game, and move on. Though this may simple at first believe me...it works ohmy.gif

In addition, I had both Queens Gambit and ArmA for around 6 months, when I finally got round to playing them without patching, guess what, despite whatever bugs there were I enjoyed it! I suppose I could do the same with ArmA2.

Lastly, in defence of BIS' AI coders, the AI seem to have a better grasp of the English language in everyone of their releases than some of the posters here...

(Dear lord, a youtube comment with near proper English, with what could be at a stretch, called actual grammar...I must be hallucinating....)

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:08