Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How about the ACEmod
womanlyboy
post Dec 10 2009, 09:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,891

Hi,everyone!I'm a new guy here and a new guy for ArmA.I just hear that the ACEmod is one of the most wonderful modern-war mod for ArmA, but there are also some peoele say that ACE is mainly for online player. However I'm an off-line player, so I just wanna ask that whether the ACEmod a most wonderful modern-war mod for a single player?Or there 's better choice for a single player?
And one more question.What is the relationship between the SLXmod and the GroupLink3?Is the GroupLink3 a part of SLXmod?Or they are made by the same people?Thanks a lot.
P.S:I'm not a native speaker for english, so...please don't laugh at my poor english.
sweatingbullets.gif

This post has been edited by womanlyboy: Dec 10 2009, 09:52

Quote Post
Blaunarwal
post Dec 10 2009, 20:26
Post #2

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,451

I'm pretty sure your playing with ArmA2, don't you? This is an ArmA 1 forum your in now. So have a look at the forum paths.

I'm using ACE2 as singleplayer and I think it's a big improvement. It is very difficult to install but it's worth spending some time to get there. Just go through the setup procedures you can find on the bis forum (google to find). If you're a little patient, you'll succeed installation. ACEX is optional and gives you some addon units. Use this six updater. After getting acquainted with this updater software, it's easy to keep up to date. You need CBA Addon for ACE2! So don't miss this. That's a must have anyway.

There is no other single mod that gives you more than this. However, I'd recommend some grafic enhancements in combination with ace2. JTD Fire and Smoke, WarFXParticles.

There are several AI enhancements. Zeus AI is very good, but I fear it's not compatible with ACE2.

Mando Missiles for ArmA2 is also very cool and I think compatible with ACE2.

VFAI Equipment is an AI Mod, making AI units take weapon from the deads.

Group Links comes with SLX. Since I don't use SLX (its cool but has some problems) I took GL out in a separate addon folder. You need the SLX_GL3.pbo and the SLX_Netcode.pbo files to make it work.

Quote Post
womanlyboy
post Dec 11 2009, 08:35
Post #3

Well,I guess it may sounds really unbelievable, but I do began to play ArmA1 in recent days. My PC was old, so I've just play OFP until I changed my PC. Still appreciate your help, I've known something new now.And it sounds ACE2 is really a pretty mod.Dose the ACE1 also a comfortable one for ArmA1,especially the AI and Effect? And the last one question, is there any one use the XAMmod?How about it (compare with ACE)?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 11 2009, 10:45
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

ACE has existed in ArmA for much longer than has ArmA.2, Blaunarwal, I think it's more likely he's talking about the ArmA version of the mod, as the ArmA.2 version is called "ACE2". Let's keep back-seat moderating to a minimum in the future, shall we?

ACE is designed for both offline and online play. The experience is generally better online, as the AI doesn't take full advantage of all the features, the same can be said about the game as a whole though. I don't think there's any mod that provides a better experience for single player.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
womanlyboy
post Dec 12 2009, 09:07
Post #5

Hi,D@V£.At first, I'd like to appreciate your help. But you see, my English is poor,so I'm not very sure about your last words. Dose it mean ACE is the best one, or it mean that there's no mod which can take full advantage of all the features?

This post has been edited by womanlyboy: Dec 12 2009, 09:17

Quote Post
Günter Severloh
post Dec 12 2009, 10:13
Post #6

Member No.: 6,575

I don't think there's any mod that provides a better experience for single player.

well i woudn't say that, there is one mod that covers alot of aspects of many mods.

Warmod
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?...375#post1497375

i spent about 3 months on warmod and it has alot of features that should have been in Arma to begin with, notably i utilized GL3, ECS, VFAI, TruerangeAI (truegamplay mods version), and various other aspects, alot of fixes for example, the AI in vanilla arma can see through smoke and through bushes, not anymore.

I could go on and on.
I personally after doing alot of research have not found one major mod like mine that covers th AI aspect as the combiantions i have included in warmod. I dont want to say its the best mod, as mods i think are really based on what the player is looking for, what is best is really what is best for the player, if a mod becomes popular then so it becomes popular among a crowd that feels the mod works in their personal taste of gameplay. Ace mod as well as ECS, and SLX and others, are great mods, but again, it all depends on how far and what you want to do and see, and basically how you want to play your game.

what i reccomend is Acemod with warmod, and you will have a game you will never forget!

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Dec 12 2009, 18:10
Post #7

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(womanlyboy @ Dec 12 2009, 08:07) *
Hi,D@V£.At first, I'd like to appreciate your help. But you see, my English is poor,so I'm not very sure about your last words. Dose it mean ACE is the best one, or it mean that there's no mod which can take full advantage of all the features?

A bit of both. ACE is, in my mind at least, the best "balance mod" for ArmA (there are a few good examples of mod that add a lot of stuff, such as FDF and CSLA, but they're still more extensions of ArmA than full reworks)

It's not that the mod doesn't take advantage of the features, it's the AI that's the issue, they simply aren't smart enough! ohnoo.gif

@Günter: I'm afraid I don't play the original much anymore, (I don't have ACE installed right now, I need to conserve disk space... down to my last few GBs! ohnoo.gif ), I'll assume you're a bit biased though, I personally think the best single addon for ArmA is the HSO SLA Pack, and anyone who says otherwise is a bounder and a cad tongue.gif [/Shameless self-endorsement]

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
womanlyboy
post Dec 13 2009, 08:02
Post #8

The HSO SLA Pack must be your work, D@V£, ain't it?Haha, I'll try it, and also the WARMOD. And thanks for your help, all of you. happy.gif

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 16:36