Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> texture editting issues.
tsd1
post Jan 25 2010, 03:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 961

Well, Ive just gotten into texture editting for ARMA II. The texture editting itself isnt the issue.

tools used Kegetys paa plugin for photoshop.

cpbo and binpbo (unpacking/packing).

basically i am trying to edit unit patches for some already created units. to start off very simple, just editted one in one mod. (Basically i like to have alot of generic units with no flags on their uniforms/country indication, so they can fit into whatever type of mission/location I want). i was editting the sweden patch off the swedish units, and basically wanted to use them as an alternate camo pattern for chenorus. So I unpacked, opened up the correct paa loaded it WITHOUT mipmaps, made my change within photoshop, then saved it with the "auto detect" feature on the plug in. repacked it into a pbo, then went to test it out in the editor. crashes the moment it tries to load a swedish unit.

All i did was edit one of the camo patterns as there are a couple just to test. just trying to get any insight on what I could be doing wrong.

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Jan 28 2010, 03:42
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,007

don't ues the the paa plugin for photoshop it can fk it up some times use TexView 2 for your texture's save as tga 32 bit in photoshop and use TexView to save as paa files

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 22:19