Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Warfare MHQ bunker, warfare mhq bunker protection building
mr13
post Dec 5 2008, 16:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,648

Dear reader, addon maker,

We, Hotshots ( http://hs-clan.com ), are an Operation Flashpoint Conquer the Island (CTI) and Armed Assault Warfare Capture The Island clan. We came into the existance in April of 2005 with the fusion of two other CTI teams which were N-force and Protocol CTI. N-force was a team revolving around Neo G that was created specificaly with a task to take part in the 4th season of the CTI Team Competition while ProCTI was the latest reanimation of one of the oldest CTI squads by its former member 13.

Presently Hotshots is comprised of about twenty members and about 15 new recruits , a big part of which were in neither of the two squads merging to form Hotshots, thus we have grown well beyond being a simple conglomerate. We competed in the CTITC where we took gold 3 times and the 6 Towns Tournament at CTI Arena where we took 1 gold !

Hotshots members produced several of CTI mods which were played on all major OFP CTI servers.

Curently we are searching for warfare developers and addon makers to help us make game more advanced and better in gameplay.

What is in plan here is to make contest for addon makers to produce addons especialy for Warfare games our developer will be producing.

Our 1st request to whoever is intrested and can help us achive that goal ,is MHQ protection bunker building which will be used to fortify MHQ in Warfare.

This building should be made with several options in mind:

1.building must have entrance to drive in and deploy mhq inside (garage)
2.building must be destroyable (each wall can take up to X damage before it breaks)
3.if ceratin part of building is destroyed, it makes hole in wall , leaving rest intact.

With this configuration, Commander in Warfare game could safley put building and secure mhq from sides and air and have "decent" protection compared to curent setup in warfare.

If there are any intrested addon makers to enter this contest , please fill in your application on
http://armedassault.info and help us make game better.

Many thanks to everyone who keep this great game improve even more.

Best regards

This post has been edited by mr13: Dec 5 2008, 16:36

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Dec 5 2008, 16:55
Post #2

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 20

Well, that's a nice idea. thumbsup.gif

Some talented addon/mod makers have already released a lot of pictures of WW2 bunkers on forums and site, but I believe there is not such product already released. unsure.gif

Could you tell us if you intend to look for other WW2 style defense walls and pill boxes for your planned WW2 Warefare project ?

--------------------

Quote Post
mr13
post Dec 5 2008, 17:17
Post #3

Hello Old Bear,

thanks for your reply.

this addon would not be used only for ww2 warfare, but for all warfare versions where comander needs mhq protection.

as this is addon we miss the most , its the first i posted, but we are still looking for camo concrete defence walls about 5m height to protect base from sides and roof to protect buildings from air attacks, camo mahinegun pillboxes , camo cannon bunkers, camo AA sites , basicly everthing that can make game look more realistic in type of base defence structures.

regards

mr13

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Dec 5 2008, 17:27
Post #4

Forum Addict
Group Icon

The only one release I can remember is a port from OFP by Mr Burns.

I believe that Ike is using some of those bunkers on his Sarve Island

Here is the link to OFP in ArmA by Mr Burns, but none of those bunkers can be use as a hide/shelter for a deployed MHQ.

So I believe it's great to open a contest about such a Warefare building biggrin.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
mr13
post Dec 5 2008, 17:40
Post #5

Hello Old Bear,

i have seen those addons, but as i mentioned above, buildings should have camo on them to make them less spotable by players and should reflect weapon system they will be used for.

for example i take mg bunker , AT launcher bunker here or AA launcher post.

mg bunker and AT launcher bunker needs at least 90° visible field, while AA launcher post should have 360° visibility.

for MHQ bunker, it need only to be destroyable part by part so rambo players (base infiltration guys) can acctually use satchels and rpg to make themselvs path to mhq. commander should be avialble to repair that building so that holes are fixed after attacks or somthing like that smile.gif

if it is posible for you to make this contest public and open, best addon produced will be used in missions our developer Benny creates.

best regards

mr13

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Dec 6 2008, 10:26
Post #6

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

Lol ehy mr13, you are requesting what me and Deano have achieved during these months! biggrin.gif

Well, it's not difficult, I could try to make it as you want, with separate wall falling down, but you'll have to texture it, I can't make textures too... let's see what I can do for you wink.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post
mr13
post Dec 6 2008, 14:52
Post #7

Hello Linker Split,

thanks for your reply. we will be waiting smile.gif

mr13

Quote Post
Old Bear
post Dec 7 2008, 11:23
Post #8

Forum Addict
Group Icon

Is the drawing in 1st post the model it must be built along or is this just a sketch to show how it could look like ?
I believe it's a bit smaller than the central bunker in a town. Could you state if you have wishes about size ?

--------------------

Quote Post
mr13
post Dec 7 2008, 11:58
Post #9

Hello Old Bear,

this is just a sketch, what is needed here for size is that mhq is able to get in and be deployed (m113 or bmp2 models of mhq).

of course, smaller bunker = better bunker as it harder to hit smile.gif

regards

mr13

Quote Post
Codarl
post Dec 10 2008, 21:29
Post #10

Member No.: 4,677

*edit* for clarification: that is a person at the entrance.

Moar bunker.

Both done in a few minutes. If you like the design I can make it look more detailed

This post has been edited by Codarl: Dec 10 2008, 22:28

Quote Post
mr13
post Dec 10 2008, 22:55
Post #11

Hello Codarl,

this bunker above is what we looking for. only problem i see here is height.

entrance for mhq must be just enought to slip it through ,so 15m seems very high atm from your drawings.

for details ,what is needed is that each of those walls can be broken separatley and repaired by commander.

since this is pretty rough addon, if camo color is added, think that would do more then perfect.

regards

mr13

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Dec 10 2008, 23:01
Post #12

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

I think it's 1.2M tall and 15 wide...

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
mr13
post Dec 10 2008, 23:24
Post #13

Helping Hand,

thats why i never made house for myself smile.gif

tnx

mr13

Quote Post
Codarl
post Dec 12 2008, 06:12
Post #14

Just thought of something different: A bunker that you can quickly abandon if necessary:

Has two slopes, so vehicles and humans can only enter one way (making it easier to defend).

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/15179/largemilitarytruck.png[/img

I have also made a bunker you might e able to use as an upgrade: these can hold a tank and have a small concrete shield against areal attacks

237 polygons for the bunker about 220 polygons for the tank fortress. As you can see the bunker still has room for "something" inside: an ammo stock perhaps?

This post has been edited by Helping Hand: Dec 13 2008, 19:08

Quote Post
mr13
post Dec 12 2008, 06:56
Post #15

Hello Codarl,

idea of bunker is just to place mhq in G shaped style in middle, base itself is defended from outside parameter.

if enemy breach to bunker area, is already to late to defend leading to masacre with HE grenades,rpgs or mg's in that opening if people spawn there smile.gif

scheme:
|_________|

* = empty space

this is simplest and best way to for beginer and advanced comadners to protect mhq.

bunker is small, compact , not wide and high.

this scheme is being used on ofp i think since 2002 for mhq protection smile.gif

i like your scheme but it makes it much biger in size which we would like to avoid as much as posible as standard warfare buildings are just piles of sanbags so best is to keep it as low and thin as posible not to look very diferent from base style structures.

best regards

mr13

This post has been edited by mr13: Dec 12 2008, 06:58

Quote Post
Codarl
post Dec 12 2008, 19:41
Post #16

And so it begins...

Could you state the model extensions ArmA uses? I remember *.3DS and *.OBJ being easely convertable to Oxygen.

Quote Post
Codarl
post Dec 12 2008, 19:53
Post #17

Ignore that last question. Woah, that was some scary sh*t... which pulled off!

Quote Post
mr13
post Dec 13 2008, 15:08
Post #18

Hello Codarl,

that model is only in Oxygen or is finished addon ?

it looks exactly as needed smile.gif great work

mr13

Quote Post
rundll.exe
post Dec 13 2008, 16:46
Post #19

Member No.: 143

Just as a side note: Can you make the parts have the origin at the same spot? So if you would put them into game you get all the parts on the right place when you setpos them all on the exact same position

Quote Post
Alpha125
post Dec 14 2008, 10:21
Post #20

Member No.: 2,720

You can just increase the armour value of your HQ. There are always collisions of objects in ArmA and you need to make sure there are no collisions.

The HQ is easy to detect: Supply trucks drive there and it is usually the middle of the base.

How about a SUPPLY BASE ? Build from a SUPPLY BASE TRUCK?

- a building where the supply trucks arrive and drive from (instead of the HQ)

This allows to hide HQ and makes it more easier for the supply trucks to move.

"Supply Buildings" will be build in good "logistic" locations - between towns, at streets, (crossroads) and will also allow to hold safe the main base, hidden at safer location.

A maximum of 2-4 supply buildungs (with 3 or 2 trucks with a building) will allow a side to cotrol more sectors, earn more money from more towns. And they will be a good attack target instead of HQ.

It would be also interesting to buy a secondary HQ with limited build functions. More small bases schould make more fun at WARFARE.

But the WIN conditions should remain the same - main HQ destruction (or point domination).

My big problem in warfare is that the suppy trucks get stuck and have to drive great distances. So you gain the maximum money when you capture just a few towns in the base perimeter. Then the trucks try to drive from the south capitol to CORAZOL as an example, and never arrive. The whole team runs out of money quick.

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:25